Happy first birthday Sylvester and precious
E1D0B7B4-60FC-412A-8B5D-9B3EC0C1A7AB.jpeg
78795FE8-440B-4C5E-8A9B-45B52511C1C9.jpeg
91588269-0E35-44F3-8949-6CD1226C3F2A.jpeg
88548AD8-C382-444D-9984-15AE44BAF070.jpeg

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
OM gee how sweet is that. Daddy bought them a birthday balloon. I LOVE this picture. Ricky you are a girl's dream come true.
Ha I did the same for Junior and honeys birthday just over a month ago. I am a rabbits dream come true I suppose but the few young ladies Ive met my age see my love for my many rabbits and get scared off. They must think I’m too soft. They just don’t realize how tough bunnies are :)

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
Is she a work bunny?
Yes she’s one of my favourite buns very sweet

She was using garbage and landscaping fabric at first so I took that away and gave her that hay she was very happy and used it all.
That’s how they make a nest they do that usually with grass for a day or two running with as much as they can fit in their mouth back to their nest all day until it’s warm enough for the babies. Imagine being pregnant and doing that

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Ha I did the same for Junior and honeys birthday just over a month ago. I am a rabbits dream come true I suppose but the few young ladies Ive met my age see my love for my many rabbits and get scared off. They must think I’m too soft. They just don’t realize how tough bunnies are :)
the right one just has not come along, when she does she will see the magnitude of that great heart of yours

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
the right one just has not come along, when she does she will see the magnitude of that great heart of yours
Haha Thanks I’m guessing if I had animals that scream I have too much testosterone such as pit bulls or snakes that I fed helpless rabbits too I would have no problem but I’m staying loyal to helping out homeless rabbits :)

besides what if I got married and one day she took half my rabbits ! They could end up with someone who doesn’t make time for them or know their special needs such as grumps who needs to be syringe fed 3 times a day !

Can’t have that!

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I think plenty of women would be drawn to a man who shows such love and attention to the creatures in his care. Just spell out in the pre-nup that you retain sole custody of the rabbits, @Ricky Vapes. You'll be fine.

How is Toby, by the way?

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
7692C6A0-BCB8-4A08-891D-EB9D492E3911.jpeg
2BD84ECE-0611-43B0-A176-AFA4DF878D1D.jpeg
I think plenty of women would be drawn to a man who shows such love and attention to the creatures in his care. Just spell out in the pre-nup that you retain sole custody of the rabbits, @Ricky Vapes. You'll be fine.

How is Toby, by the way?
Toby is good I still make time for him too! Likes the dog park on weekends.

nobody could handle him or take him away he bites after all

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Yep when they do that you know they are ready to pop any day they do that once the babies are ready to come out
Did you ever in your wildest dreams think you would know this much about bunnies? You’ve really learned so much more than most rabbit owners ever do.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Did you ever in your wildest dreams think you would know this much about bunnies? You’ve really learned so much more than most rabbit owners ever do.

On the subject of small dogs, how's Sammy doing? Is he bigger than the couch yet? ;)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    On the subject of small dogs, how's Sammy doing? Is he bigger than the couch yet? ;)
    Almost! He’s still filling out, but he’s only about 70 lbs (shy of 32 kg). He’s a mini rottie :)

Note the empty dog bed on the floor. Yes, that is indeed my feet sticking out from underneath the tiny dog in my lap :blink:. The second one I thought was funny. In my lap again. I was on the phone and he turned towards me like, “ She said what?????” . Pictures came out in reverse order, oops
    048F684C-2FBF-4294-A8D3-16694E2AAAFB.jpeg
    FD197373-661C-400A-8EF4-73C1AC3F9130.jpeg

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    A friend and I were asked to come help with a dire situation. We surveyed the scene first and counted 21 cats/kittens all at one home living under the porch. We started Sunday night and trapped 6 of them. 2 were babies and came to my house. Four went to the clinic the next morning for spay/neuter with a pick up of Tuesday. Monday night we trapped 5 more. we can only take 2 cats each to clinic so we parked the 5th in my garage in a cage (transferring a wild cat from a trap to a cage is an adventure because it is definitely a NO touch thing) We took those other 4 to clinic the next morning and picked up the ones from the day before. We would normally release the males the day they come home from clinic but we did not want to start releasing or the ones that were already fixed would get in our traps again and waste time. So we took them all to our garages and transferred to cages. Both of us had our garages filled up with a "waiting to go" area, an "already gone area" and a "pregnant mom' area. (we always hold the spay/abort pregnant moms for 3-4 days and give pain med in their food) We ended last night, with a total of 17 trapped plus one groundhog that we promptly released. The clinic only takes them M-W so we had to drive the last four today 70 miles north to have their surgery. we are exhausted as some were hard to catch and required late-night trap watching.
    I have 3 babies at my house that did not go to the clinic and I will socialize them and get them into a rescue. The bottom pic is some of the babies seeing a toy for the first time. The top pic is the horror we found when we first went.

165206083_10209098182648687_2664798689345319608_o.jpg
    image0 (39).jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread