Shop online or in store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
I buy online mainly. Rationale being it is usually cheaper & there is better choice. I use Discount Vapers, MyFreedomSmokes, Mt. Baker Vapor. I may use others as well but these are three which come to mind readily. I go for affordability, choice. ease of delivery, service but not in that particular order. We have maybe two places to deal with locally. Both are over priced, lacking in service, lacking in choice. To me it seems like:

"Hey, I'm a moderate vaper here to spend money. Show me some good swag please?" :)

"*crickets*"

"Ah, um okay so ... Gee, I guess they don't want my money. Fine. *door close behind self forever*"

And if it's not crickets, I find prices to be mountainous. This then leads to "gee, guess you don't want _my_ money. Fine. *door close behind self forever*"

Last edited:

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
I will visit B&M stores as I come across them. I visit to see how they treat their new patrons. I will leave immediately if the place is not clean or if their stock is overpriced. If it is not I will try their juices and see what is good. if I am there and I hear someone pushing overpriced/over powered gear to a noob, I will voice myself, correct them and lead them to a trusted store if needed. (Yes I have been told to leave a number of establishments) If they are a good place, I will buy some juice and maybe a new tank. One lady was buying some stuff for her husband overseas in the Marines, I helped to pick it out and when she was checking out, I slipped the rep behind the desk my card and paid for it.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
While I was grateful that the b&m store helped me into vaping, but after I paid over $100 for a starter kit which I can purchase online for $30, or $80 for a magneto which I could buy online for $30ish, and most importantly, I couldn't get help from them and had to find answers from this forum, I have never gone back.

Yes, I noted similar experience regarding B&M shops. One here locally has a 900mAh Ego with a simple Evod tank, charger in a blister pack for nearly $60. I have seen the same basic kit online for $15 - $20.

Kivrin

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2015
I was at a B&M today when the state inspectors showed up. They seemed concerned mainly with a sign that stated that it is illegal to sell cigarettes to minors needing letters that were 1/2" in height (the sign they were displaying was actually more like 1" and they sell no cigarettes, so I don't really get it?).

I was trying juices and they said for him to keep helping me, that they would wait, but I felt really weird and just paid for my hardware and left. I wonder if they let him wait on the two people who came in after me...they did say they didn't want to interfere with business.

And even though it's totally legal and I'm WELL over 18, my pulse went way up when these people waltz in and announce they are state inspectors and I'm sitting in a chair vaping away at some pineapple/coconut thing :laugh:

I do both. The vape shop near me (Charlotte Vapes) has a vast variety of flavors and always has something new for me to try. They carry companies that I have found at no other shops (and trust me I have been to plenty), and have a great loyalty program so I get discounts on juice (as well as student discount XD). Though, when I am buying in quantity I will always order online. My two favorite online ejuice vendors are nicoticket and blends by bryce.

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
My neighbor came over yesterday as she knows I make my own juices and rebuild my own coils for help. Her husband wanted to surprise her with a new mod. He new NOTHING about the industry. They sold him a box mod with no instructions and nothing else (no charge cord or battery), and didn't even come in a factory bag... I looked it over and it was a mod with multiple settings, one of them was turned up to 50 watts, the other setting on 5 watts... She told me that she destroyed three coils before she figured it out. (I walked her through the programming of the settings and warned her from going above the red zone on the charts available on the forums). It really upsets me that they did nothing to train him or even give him the pamphlet that comes with the mod... I really suspect it was returned and they resold it for full value. Yes this was on her husband for buying it without knowing, but the store should have at least talked to him first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread