Shopping list for GGTS and spares

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilkersanli

Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Ankara, Turkey
Hello mates,
I've pre-ordered an Ithaka from the last batch and now hunting for a reliable GGTS shopping list.
I'm going to try to get a GGTS from the upcoming batch and usually get these kind of goods with all the essential plastic or kind of soft spare parts right with my first purchase.
Now looking for help from experienced users, ideally with a list of spares.

For a first time owner, I think I have to get;
- A GGTS (Obviously)
- A GGTS Connector 801 - 510 (Stealth Cap was an option, but from what I understand, it's not that fundamental with this adapter. Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
- GGTS O-rings (Clumsy user here:facepalm:)
These are understandable enough, but after that I totally got lost in the spares section :)

- GGTS Battery Spring? What about a GGTS Axis's Black Plastic? Are GGTS Fuse and it's springs recommended? Maybe one or two GGTS Button Springs? Which one of these parts has short life spans? Do I have to get all of these parts to be on the safe side? Never been a mechanical user before, so I've absolutely no idea.

Thanks a lot guys,
Ilker

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Welllllll.... another GGTS as a spare is what i usually do .... :D:D ...

no but seriously, springs, one of each of the plastics and 2 sets of o-rings, although i never had any problems with any of them. GGTS adapter is a must.

If you can afford it, pick up a stealth cap and a stealth rethreader, would give you the best stealthy look.

Fuse well meh, i don't use it at all.

ilkersanli

Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Ankara, Turkey
Welllllll.... another GGTS as a spare is what i usually do .... :D:D ...

no but seriously, springs, one of each of the plastics and 2 sets of o-rings, although i never had any problems with any of them. GGTS adapter is a must.

If you can afford it, pick up a stealth cap and a stealth rethreader, would give you the best stealthy look.

Fuse well meh, i don't use it at all.

Yeah, getting a pair of GGTS was the idea, but the political crysis in Turkey rises the exchange rates sky-high so this time I should only get the essential ones :p Stealth cap has to wait, likewise.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
I guess any spare can come in handy just in case but in over 2 years with my GGTS the only parts I have ever had to replace are 2 broken o-rings and springs (although mine origionally came with ss springs.) I replaced the springs with the first run of brass springs and have had 0 problems since

That said I would look at 1 of each of the 2 plastics (axis and connector cap)
Maybe a replacement button spring although I just clean mine off and havn't had any problems in over a year and don't foresee any in the future.
And a couple axis springs. i don't use them and many don't but I would recommend getting some if A) you are using standard cartos or attys because it is easy to over tighten and short out your atty untill you learn the mod B) if you are using a rebuildable that is new to you.
And maybe an o-ring set. I have only ever had to replace the tiny 2x1mm o-rings once because I broke them before learning how to install them correctly.

Honestly the plastics will likely never be used. I leave mine in all the time because I only clean with soap and water on the parts they are attached to and maybe some polish on the outside.

Hope this helps.

ilkersanli

Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Ankara, Turkey
I guess any spare can come in handy just in case but in over 2 years with my GGTS the only parts I have ever had to replace are 2 broken o-rings and springs (although mine origionally came with ss springs.) I replaced the springs with the first run of brass springs and have had 0 problems since

That said I would look at 1 of each of the 2 plastics (axis and connector cap)
Maybe a replacement button spring although I just clean mine off and havn't had any problems in over a year and don't foresee any in the future.
And a couple axis springs. i don't use them and many don't but I would recommend getting some if A) you are using standard cartos or attys because it is easy to over tighten and short out your atty untill you learn the mod B) if you are using a rebuildable that is new to you.
And maybe an o-ring set. I have only ever had to replace the tiny 2x1mm o-rings once because I broke them before learning how to install them correctly.

Honestly the plastics will likely never be used. I leave mine in all the time because I only clean with soap and water on the parts they are attached to and maybe some polish on the outside.

Hope this helps.

This was very informative and helpful, fright88.

Overall, it's more than clear now, thanks to you guys.

- GGTS
- GGTS Connector 801 - 510
- 2 sets of O-rings
- 1 of each plastic part (axis and connector, just in case)
- 2 of each spring (battery and button)

Ready to pull the triger :vapor:

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Has the stealth cap got 510 thread in the top, I've got the Ody With a 510 that I want to put on top of the ggts
Cheers ...Steve ...

Yes it does have the 510 threading and it would work. Do you have a full GGTS w/collector tank? If so, all you really need is the adapter. THE GOLDEN GREEK MODS :: GGTS Accessories :: GGTS Connector 801 - 510 - e-smokeguru
GGTS Adapter

If you have the full connector the sturdiest connection would be to get an Oddy GGTS Base. http://www.e-smokeguru.gr/en/odysseus-ggts-base.html
Ideally having the adapter and the Oddy GGTS Base is the best total solution.:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread