Short in my mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi y'all, i've been vaping for a year, and yesterday i had a problem with my mod.
It fell and the bottom door is a bit loose, and i think the pins are not connecting with the batteries as they should, i even had three "short" WARNING.
Today i putted pressure on the door to put it in place, and it seems fine till now.
sigelei doors are not very good.

What should i do? Am i in danger?
I know some short causes are more dangerous than others, atleast i read it somewhere.

My english is not the best, hope you understand.

Best Regards,
Killerbuds

Setup:
Sigelei Kaos Spectrum
Drop RDA
Samsung 25R 18650

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
First you have to make sure where the error is
-does the drop rda produce a "short" warning on a different mod?
-does a different atomizer produce the same "short" warning on the sigelei?
(if you don't have 2 mods and 2 atomizers maybe ask a friend or in a vape shop)

On a side not: are you charging your batteries in that mod or do you have an external charger?
This particular mod doesn't do balance charging properly and you should never charge your batteries in it.

I'd be looking for a new mod. Once those things suffer a fall and start acting wierd, they rarely heal themselves.

I will buy another one, i just hope this can hold till next month since its performing nice now.

First you have to make sure where the error is
-does the drop rda produce a "short" warning on a different mod?
-does a different atomizer produce the same "short" warning on the sigelei?
(if you don't have 2 mods and 2 atomizers maybe ask a friend or in a vape shop)

On a side not: are you charging your batteries in that mod or do you have an external charger?
This particular mod doesn't do balance charging properly and you should never charge your batteries in it.

Hi, i have two atomizers, it was causing a short in both, i even wrapped new coils for both.
I use an external charger, and i never charged the batteries in the mod, the battery wrap is good , as i mentioned the bottom door was a bit loose and the negative pin Wasnt touching the batteries maybe that was causing the short. By the end do the day im Going to the vapeshop.
Thank you

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would love to have a Geekvape Legend, and it is certainly durable.

I would keep a close eye on your mod, and travel to the brick and mortar sounds totally reasonable to me. Hopefully they can help you determine if it's something electrical in the mod (sounds like it) or something easily remedied. So, there's no harm going at all, although I too would be likely to replace it ASAP if they can't help. I don't adore intermittent electrical shorts (although, interestingly, you'd think I'd have more of them, I'm pretty hard on my mods.)

I will say if it's a GREAT vape shop they may have an electronics expert. I have a B&M with one, and they have fixed (for free) things I considered might've been totally unfixable.

Best of luck, and welcome to ECF.:

Anna

I would love to have a Geekvape Legend, and it is certainly durable.

I would keep a close eye on your mod, and travel to the brick and mortar sounds totally reasonable to me. Hopefully they can help you determine if it's something electrical in the mod (sounds like it) or something easily remedied. So, there's no harm going at all, although I too would be likely to replace it ASAP if they can't help. I don't adore intermittent electrical shorts (although, interestingly, you'd think I'd have more of them, I'm pretty hard on my mods.)

I will say if it's a GREAT vape shop they may have an electronics expert. I have a B&M with one, and they have fixed (for free) things I considered might've been totally unfixable.

Best of luck, and welcome to ECF.:

Anna

Hi Anna, thank you aswell for the reply and the friendliness.

I just got out of the vape shop they said that the batteries contacts were a little bit out of place, and they pushed it upward.

But still i dont feel as safe as i want to be, i will consider another mod.

After watching a couple reviews it seems the aegis legend is the way to go for me, the mod feels solid, durable... perfect to me

:)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Hi Anna, thank you aswell for the reply and the friendliness.

I just got out of the vape shop they said that the batteries contacts were a little bit out of place, and they pushed it upward.

But still i dont feel as safe as i want to be, i will consider another mod.

After watching a couple reviews it seems the aegis legend is the way to go for me, the mod feels solid, durable... perfect to me

:)

Ya know...
Maybe it's just me...but...
There is no way on Earth that I would use that damaged mod.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Water resistant and shock proof, sounds like good protection for your profile, best of luck.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I will buy another one, i just hope this can hold till next month since its performing nice now.

Until payday...

Duct tape!

S-377SIL.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: killerbuds95

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
Your sigelei mod has the battery pins soldered to the chip in a bad way. Just from dropping your batteries in the mod weakens them. I've had two 213 mods break at the batt contacts to the chip. On my spectrum I put the batteries in real easy to avoid this problem. Also check the top of the mod and make sure it's not coming apart. The 2 screws are only being held by thin plastic and one drop can break the anchor points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread