Shortness of Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Some what new to vaping. Picked it up 2 years ago to stop the smoking habit. Went 37 days with out a cigarette and then had a set back. I have been trying to get back on the vaping for about the last two weeks. I am struggling to find the correct nicotine level and pg/vg ratio. I suffer from anxiety, but have been somewhat controlled with meds. I seem to really be having a lot of shortness of breath after a short vape session, that I never experienced when I got started 2 years ago. Any ideas or help that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome and glad you joined. Vaping will help your health when compared to smoking, THAT'S A FACT.
Might like to read:
The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? *Updated 2/16/14 – Vapex
Solving the myths of Second Hand Vapor
http://wwwhttp://www.thevaperstable...der-fire-for-saying-e-cigarettes-are-95-safer

Are Electronic Cigarettes Safe?
Search
http://www.thevaperstable.com/medical/
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
http://www.apa.org/monitor/2013/07-08/symptoms.aspx
VapeWild Test Results --CHART: (SEE:Vape vs Smoking.jpg in my files under pictures)

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but just to be on the safe side, maybe a visit to the DR. Even if just for a check up. It is probably just getting used to vaping again, but I wouldn't want to not mention this and say "whoops.." later on.
I'm a fine one to talk about doctors though. I had once told my gf, if I can say NO to sending an ambulance, I don't need one. If I am unable to reply, then go ahead and call. lol.

Beckbrats

Dec 18, 2016
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but just to be on the safe side, maybe a visit to the DR. Even if just for a check up. It is probably just getting used to vaping again, but I wouldn't want to not mention this and say "whoops.." later on.
I'm a fine one to talk about doctors though. I had once told my gf, if I can say NO to sending an ambulance, I don't need one. If I am unable to reply, then go ahead and call. lol.

No one has mentioned the Dr., but I have thought I may need to do that. I take a Rx for anxiety, acid reflux, and cholesterol (when I remember). I am wondering if my meds may be interfering with the vaping or withdrawal side effects. I've been struggling a little lately with the anxiety, so it certainly has me concerned. I see my GP about 1 every 3 months. It's about time for a checkup so I will certainly make a list of concerns and se what he thinks. He has been very supportive in my choice to vape. Even showed me his setup because he said he even needs a vice every now and then. I'm sure he can help me get through all this. He has before so I at least feel like I have an advocate in him when it comes to vaping.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
No one has mentioned the Dr., but I have thought I may need to do that. I take a Rx for anxiety, acid reflux, and cholesterol (when I remember). I am wondering if my meds may be interfering with the vaping or withdrawal side effects. I've been struggling a little lately with the anxiety, so it certainly has me concerned. I see my GP about 1 every 3 months. It's about time for a checkup so I will certainly make a list of concerns and se what he thinks. He has been very supportive in my choice to vape. Even showed me his setup because he said he even needs a vice every now and then. I'm sure he can help me get through all this. He has before so I at least feel like I have an advocate in him when it comes to vaping.
Well on the plus side, I don't think there is anything in vape juice that interfers with any meds. Except maybe nicotine, but hell.. you got more of that and other junk from the cigs. Maybe try reducing your wattage and airflow a bit so you are vaping smaller clouds, until you are used to it again. Fog isn't smoke. LMAO... I remember doing some cloud chasing builds that were so thick I choked on the vapor, just like trying to breath in a bathroom with a hot shower running.

Reactions: Beckbrats

Beckbrats

Dec 18, 2016
I think you are exactly right. I think if anything, I may be experiencing anxiety over the overload of knowledge. I'm trying hard to learn the do's and don'ts and right now I think many of my issues may simply be from dehydration. Working on increasing water consumption and ridding my body of toxins. I think I will just keep pushing forward and see where I go.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
I think you are exactly right. I think if anything, I may be experiencing anxiety over the overload of knowledge. I'm trying hard to learn the do's and don'ts and right now I think many of my issues may simply be from dehydration. Working on increasing water consumption and ridding my body of toxins. I think I will just keep pushing forward and see where I go.
oh you will drink more when vaping. PG and VG both absorb water. I keep a glass in the bathroom and grab a quick drink when I wash my hands.
Of course... i have to make sure I am grabbing my glass and not using the cats glass.
Yes, my spoiled cat has his own water glass in the bathroom. LOL He kept jumping up and staring at me when I got a drink. Apparently, the water in his bowl isn't good enough. He prefers it fresh out of the tap, but no way in hell am I running to the bathroom every time he wants a drink.

Beckbrats

Dec 18, 2016
oh you will drink more when vaping. PG and VG both absorb water. I keep a glass in the bathroom and grab a quick drink when I wash my hands.
Of course... i have to make sure I am grabbing my glass and not using the cats glass.
Yes, my spoiled cat has his own water glass in the bathroom. LOL He kept jumping up and staring at me when I got a drink. Apparently, the water in his bowl isn't good enough. He prefers it fresh out of the tap, but no way in hell am I running to the bathroom every time he wants a drink.

Sounds like a typical cat. I lost my 19 year old cat in August. I had her longer than 2 of my kids. Miss her dearly, but do not miss hairballs and her attitude. [emoji23]

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Sounds like a typical cat. I lost my 19 year old cat in August. I had her longer than 2 of my kids. Miss her dearly, but do not miss hairballs and her attitude. [emoji23]
As odd as it sounds, and I might get religious people looking to stone me in town square, I think pets have a soul. I mean, how the hell else would a cat know when a child is upset and come running to comfort them? Personally, I think they stick around after they pass on, waiting for us to catch up. Besides, they make a good scapegoat when you trip over your own feet. Blame it on the cat. :)

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hello Breckbrats
Maybe it's just fear of quitting the stinkies, your body has finally figured out what your mind is up to.

Also consider the fact the most of the nic is absorbed through your mouth & sinuses so you can avoid drawing the vapor into your lungs if you wish to and still get your nic fix.

Beckbrats

Dec 18, 2016
Hello Breckbrats
Maybe it's just fear of quitting the stinkies, your body has finally figured out what your mind is up to.

Also consider the fact the most of the nic is absorbed through your mouth & sinuses so you can avoid drawing the vapor into your lungs if you wish to and still get your nic fix.

After smoking for nearly 28 years it is so hard not to inhale...may work on it some though.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Also, I think it is definitely a mind over addiction issue. I just keep praying God has it covered and I will get through this with a little time and patience.

If I had $1 for everyone who had some early-stage issues with inhaling vapor, I'd have enough for a nice new mod, comfortably.
I am confident for you. :)

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I have been experimenting with both. Using 3-6mg nicotine. Have been switching between 60pg/40vg and a 30pg/70vg.

I cannot tell what is the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We're all different, but high% VG liquids cause shortness of breath for me. It doesn't go right away either after I stop with the VG. It has taken from a few days to a week and a half to return to normal. Needless to say, I stay away from high% VG liquids as much as possible.

Alisa Sun

Dec 15, 2016
Finland
We're all different, but high% VG liquids cause shortness of breath for me. It doesn't go right away either after I stop with the VG. It has taken from a few days to a week and a half to return to normal. Needless to say, I stay away from high% VG liquids as much as possible.

I have had this shortness of breath too, not at the beginning but lately. I just had a flu and at that time started to use 100 % vg. Hmm...

Beckbrats

Dec 18, 2016

Can I ask what ratio you prefer for pg/vg? I know everyone is different but, the high VG may indeed be my problem.

Reactions: Alisa Sun

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Can I ask what ratio you prefer for pg/vg? I know everyone is different but, the high VG may indeed be my problem.
Sure, I use 70PG/30VG and I'm just fine. I don't deviate much form this, maybe I could go with up to 50% VG, but 70/30 works for me. I don't need huge clouds, and like a decent throat hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread