Shortness of breath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janee5439

Dec 3, 2020
Hello!
Ever since I have started making my own e-juice, I have experienced shortness of breath.
Could I be using less than pure ingredience? I started by purchasing my e liquids directly from the manufacturer? Flavour Art, (FA) but I am now buying my FA and Flavorah e juice's from DIY-ejuice.com which I think is a middle man.
Can anyone tell me if I am correct about this and if you have experienced the same breathing issue when using a (middle man) to purchase my Internationally-made ejuice flavors?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, Janee5439. I've been vaping for over 6 years now and DIY'ing for most of those. I've gotten my nic and concentrated flavors from the same 'middle man' in that time. Your post doesn't make much sense to me. Are you saying that you started having these issues when buying directly? Have they improved or gotten worse since buying from that site you mentioned?

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    Releaser of the KRAKEN
    Wow, Sorry to hear that. Shortness of breath in any instance, is not a good thing. I'm not a Dr. by any means, perhaps you should go see one. It could be a quality control issue, or a bad allergic reaction to an ingredient, it's unclear as to what's going on. Definitely stop using the product .
    Either way, take your well-being seriously.

Last edited:

Nermal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    Hello!
    Ever since I have started making my own e-juice, I have experienced shortness of breath.
    I had the same problem from a local vendor. Turns out it was 70% glycerin/30% PG. I switched to 70% PG and the problem went away. It took at least a month for the change to be effective.

This is a rare but known reaction to high vg ratios. Might be your problem and might not be. In any case, I will never use a liquid that doesn't state the ratio on the label.

moze229

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2011
    Central NC, USA
    Shortness of breath is something a doctor should diagnose. However....

I will tell you that I’m sensitive to ALL flavorings. I can have some from time to time, but I’m 99.9% flavorless. Boring, I know, but I’m no longer smoking. I don’t even think about it anymore.

I recently was vaping a grape flavor for a few days (much longer than I would usually try.). I started becoming short of breath. I stopped the flavor, and my symptoms went away. A few years ago when I was making the transition from smoking, I would also get short of breath. When I stopped smoking and just went to vaping alone (not easy) it went away.

Too much flavoring? Expired bottles? Sensitivity to specific chemicals? It’s really hard to say. The only thing definitive is that if you go back to non DIY and it’s fine, there’s something in the process that you are either doing wrong or having a reaction to. The manufacturers you mention have been selling flavors for years, so I wouldn’t see that as being an issue, unless you are getting non-authentic product.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread