The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Should I clean my clearomizer before first use?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Aakav, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Aakav

Aakav Full Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Just got my first real e-cig in the mail today! Twist batteries with a few different clearos (Kanger T2, ViVi Nova Mini, and a pack of firebird/phoenix CE3's). I was just wondering if it's good practice to clean them before I use them, or if they're safe to use right out of the box? Anyone have any opinions or bad experiences with using them right away?

2. Dbailey

Dbailey Senior Member ECF Veteran

Tips? Not a bad idea. I do not.

3. Chrispixx

Chrispixx Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2012
    Buffalo,N.Y.
    no need to clean them just fill and vape. If you have different juices fill the Kanger and the Vivi with different ones. If you know how the juice is supposed to taste, see which ones you like best and report back.

If the CE3's are the syringe needle fill those can be a pain too fill. I have some but prefer my clearomizers better,just for ease of filling.

4. elmattias

elmattias Resident Miyagi Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    N'awlinz
    short answer: no, your clearos should come clean from the factory.

5. fehk2001

fehk2001 Full Member

Oct 15, 2012
    birmingham
    i think if it is rebuiltable it is better to take it apart ( except the atomizer ) and use warm water to soak it for 30 seconds. this morning i have opened up a rebuiltable ce5, did not wash or check anything, just pour some eliquid into it, waited 30 minutes and start vaping, after three hours it still has the BURNT taste, so i took it to the sink , wash the atomizer and discover that the atomizer isnt fully screw into the center post . so i use warm water to soak it and no more burnt taste now

6. elmattias

elmattias Resident Miyagi Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    N'awlinz
    he is talking about a *brand new* atty...you really don't need to clean that......but i'm assuming you really didn't read the OP so....

7. fehk2001

fehk2001 Full Member

Oct 15, 2012
    birmingham
    Yeah man its brand new , i did read that , and i just open a brand new this morning

8. zengargoyle

zengargoyle Full Member Verified Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Los Angeles
    A quick lookover and wash is good if you have the time. I've popped new T2 heads out of the bubble pack, put them on and vaped and found them lacking. Then I take it off and look and the 4 wicks are stacked and squishes like '88', slip off the silicone and fiddle the wicks into place so they look like: 'oooo' and slide the silicone back down and preso perfect hits. Do they need washing? no. Would it help to at least take a look at your complicated assembly type attys and make sure they're setup all nice and good. yes. Giving the VN/T2 heads a quick wash and dry can remove any primer liquid and reduce the break-in time. (I don't know CE3s at all, no comment). So OP, you don't have to clean before use, but if you have the time, you might catch some problem early before you have a tank full of juice.

9. FloridaNoob

FloridaNoob Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Holiday, Florida
    I have found that most new attys have primer from the factory. Also who knows how clean the hands were of that worker who put it together. So yeah, I would wash every clearo/atty I got brand new. That way you have cleaned out the primer and know it is nice and hygenic. Also like was said you make sure everything is actually put together properly. So I would agree. Wash wash wash from the start. Won't hurt anything and can only help make things better.

10. maomao
    This message by maomao has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Nov 11, 2012, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Nov 2, 2012
  11. bsidb

bsidb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    Ive always dry burnt my clearomizors, check for coils that may be out of place and adjust with a needle, wait for the smoke to clear, those were ce2's ,havent used one in a bit since the vivi nova, dont even bother with stock heads, but if i did id dry burn it and check the coils make sure they werent touching each-other, burn off any residue then blow it off

12. GreenEyesDon'tLie

GreenEyesDon'tLie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2012
    MD, USA
    I rinse mine out with warm water, but I don't go through the work of really cleaning it. I've heard too many stories of people getting weird tastes on brand new clearos from primers or something.

13. IndubitablyMe

IndubitablyMe Full Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Maryland
    What is in the primer? I am waiting on some clearos that said the wicks had primer to prevent fraying, or something like that. Should they be cleaned? If so, then how would one go about doing that (water, alcohol)? Dry burned maybe?

14. DtEarth

DtEarth Full Member Verified Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Philly
    No need to clean anything. As others are saying, there are clean from the factory. Some say to boil atty's with silica wicks because of the breaking in time. Silica wicks to some have a taste to them till they break in. Doesn't take long to break them in. Takes more time to boil and dry them out then it does to just vape them for awhile. But that's just me. Everyone is different.

15. GreenEyesDon'tLie

Oct 26, 2012
    MD, USA
    I don't know what's in it, but it tastes terrible. Rinsing with water usually gets it for me, or you could soak overnight in water or vodka. I'm not a fan of dry burning, but I don't think that would help with the primer

16. IndubitablyMe

Oct 24, 2012
    Maryland
    How long would you have to wait after rinsing a clearo with water before you can fill and vape? I tried to rinse my atty with water once, blew it out good, and it tasted watery for 2 days.

17. GreenEyesDon'tLie

Oct 26, 2012
    MD, USA
    Depends on the clearo. I give my SI Nanos an hour or 2 after I shake the water out of them. They have a bit of a watery taste after, but it only lasts for a few vapes.

18. FloridaNoob

FloridaNoob Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Holiday, Florida
    if you are using the Nova, you can blot dry the atty and wicks, and then do a few short dry burns, 4-5 count then pause a count or two, to dry it. Otherwise have a spare and let it dry overnite and grab the fresh spare one. That is how I am working it on mine, currently.

19. IndubitablyMe

Oct 24, 2012
    Maryland
    I think a ViVi Nova will be my next purchase. Keep hearing good things about them. Only tried two clearos so far. A 3.5 ml Vision clearomizer (didn't like the plastic drip tip -- tasted... plasticky) and a Vision Stardust (really tight draw, and it made my juice taste a little... nausea-inducing). I have a Redux coming and I really hope it performs better. Sometimes this new "hobby" of mine is incredibly aggravating. I hope to one day be as knowledgeable as you fine ECF-folk!

20. IndubitablyMe

Oct 24, 2012
    Maryland
    A whole thirty minutes passed since I considered ordering a Vivi Nova and I couldn't take it any longer, so I ordered me a ViVi Nova, ooooh giggidy! More vape mail to look forward to.

21. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    May be just me, but I do and I always recommend that others do too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.