Should I get higher amounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPuddle

Dec 11, 2009
California
Hello. I'm relativity new to e-cigarettes (about two months). I'm now wondering if I should get a higher nicotine amount. I'm going though about two carts a day and don't know if it's me or the carts. I don't feel much kick and find myself burning through the carts at to fast a speed. I'm worried that if i get a higher amount I will become more addicted to nicotine and depend on it more. I'm not trying to quit just not wanting to become more addicted. I was a pack a day for over ten years. When I switched to the e-cigarette I was (and still) using the 18mg nicotine. I found myself getting a little light headed when I first started but that quickly passed. I think I was just overdoing it (new toy syndrome). What do you guys think? Is it a risk or am I not getting enough to start with? -Thanks for the help in advance.

Justin Credible

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
DFW
I personally followed that logic and was quickly sorry that I did. I jumped to 36mg as a method of overcompensating for my addiction. When I strapped on that first 36mg banana cart I was floored at the throat hit. I believe KC would call it "Fish hooks and razorblades."
I since have gone down to 11 and 18mg and have found it to be perfect. I keep 36mg Menthol around for when I'm really craving that high nicotine (as it doesn't kill me to inhale), but until I hear of another 36mg flavor that smooth I will not even consider upping it that high again.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
MrPuddle welcome to the forum. i myself use about 2 carts a day/ i vape a lot as i keep the e-cig in my mouth a lot but sometimes i will take very small drags and sometimes i take big ones. I started out using 36mg and found that was bit to high so i dropped it down to 24. i can even use 18mg but its all according to the flavor. I need a good TH too. But you said at first when you started you got light headed on the 18mg. So really i dont know if you should not go above 18mg or what. sometimes you dont need that TH but most times ya do. Thats the way i feel so thats why i will stay with 24mg. Maybe some other people have better ideas for you, They will give you their thoughts as they are very nice people. Good luck and dont hesitate to keep asking questions about anything.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
I think I'm going through about 4 cartos a day, although that's 4 refilled cartos, so probably would be 3 brand new ones (the refilled ones I tend to stop early, to coddle them along to giving me more life, I could probably get more out of them) this is of around 8-11mg cartos. I'd started on 24mg, but was trying to lower my nicotine intake. But I think I was only using 2 cartos at 24/18, so while i may have lowered the nicotine a little, I'm chain vaping more. And it's a tradeoff. Nothing wrong with chain vaping, your body can handle a certain amount of nicotine without detrimental affect - If you get too much of it, you'll actually feel ill, so it's easy to tell when you're overdoing it, so I'm basically spending a little more for a lil less nic, and the 8/11's aren't quite as satisfying as the 18/24s, if you basically chain vape you shouldn't really go over 4-5 cartos in a day. I guess if you were purely trying to see how many you could go through you could get it over that, but that can be a competition for another day :p

I wouldn't worry about it too much, find what tastes best, use that. after 6 months or a year you can revisit your usage and figure out what mg and amount/day you want to be taking.

I was smoking a lil over a pack and a half a day of ultralights (I had used to smoke a pack a day of regulars, but tried to cut down :p) before I started vaping, as a reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread