I Have Lost The Battle : (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luma

ECF Veteran
Yes, thats right. I lost the battle against cigarettes. I just bought a pack.:(:(:(

But the war is not over... I recently made my first order to V4L and got all 11mg strength stuff. It was ok for 3 days. Then I ran out of carts. So I started dripping... and it just wasnt the same. I was vaping and vaping and vaping and vaping. Just wasnt doing it. I was going through a new cartomizer in about 1 - 2 hours. I basically bought too low of strength and not enough carts. I will tell you, that first analog after 3 days was so dam good. Not sure why. I read that 1 analog has 1-2mg of nicotine in it. So why wouldnt 11mg work???! Maybe it is all the other chemicals in them. Not sure.

But I am ordering more next week but double the amount (50 cartomizers) and at 18mg strength.

I was in the chat room earlier tonight talking about my cravings and was getting some support but I guess it wasnt enough.

I slipped.

Help me get this stupid ... nasty addiction under control!!!

When I receive my next order, we will prepare for the next battle.

Analogs may have won THIS battle, but they will not win the war!!!:grr:

Last edited:

Situation10

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
I know how you feel. I bought a pack the other day when I was drinking with a pal. For some reason if I'm drinking, if it's beer, I crave a cigarette. :( I need to quit drinking in order to fully quit smoking. I had some cigarettes left after that night and smoked them the next day, I felt hooked again but am trying my best to stick to vapor. I also vape 11mg, it feels the most like smoke to me, but maybe I should also get a little stronger mg temporarily.

Good luck to us! Here's hoping we fully quit soon. :)

Situation10

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
i go through about 5-8 carts a day 18mg. I dont vape them dry and I do rotate bt I vape the hell outta them. I am starting to vape a bit less now but still a lot compared to other people here.

I haven't counted, but that is probably about what I go through too @ 11mg tho. Especially if they are refilled carts, those don't seem to last nearly as long as a fresh one.

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
Hey Luma, for lots of people, it's natural to smoke while vaping till you are off analogs completely. Please don't beat yourself up over it cus you will when the war! I was lucky, was able to stop smoking almost from the first vape, wasn't trying, it just happened. Smoked a pack a day of ultra lights and have using only 18 mg strength carts. I'm sure once you get stronger carts it will help a lot. Might even want to get a couple of 24mg strength for the days you really want a cig.

ALUCARD

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Wylie, TX
iphoneism.us
Keep at it man! We are here for you.

I've vaped 36mg and 24mg from the get go and haven't had a desire to pick an analog up at all, but I know people that struggle even with higher than 36mg carts, so it may have nothing to do with it.

I used to go through 2 packs at a time when I was drinking with buddies, so I'm steering clear of that right now.

Last edited:

GeeYourHairSmellsTerrific

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Don't give up, it's not over. You can definitely still do this.You are probably right, you need the higher nic. I usually vape anywhere from 11 to 18mg, but a few times a day it's 24 for me. If I had a big night out I'd be taking some 36 along for the ride. And hitting it alot before a big fat craving could start, remember the delivery is a bit slower with a PV so you have to keep on top of the cravings better than with an analog.

If you are having issues with the carts not being the same after a refill, my guess is that you might be vaping them too dry before refilling. A scorched cart never vapes right again, so once you sense the taste or vapor is decreasing you need to drip a few drops into the battery end if you're not going to do a full refill about every two cigarettes worth of vaping. Or put that cart away to refill later. IMO anyway. Also picking and fluffing the cart filler can keep your draw right and is easy and only takes a sec.

My high temptation times are with cocktails and after a big yummy meal. I've found that the thing to do for me is to start to vape even before I'm done eating. It's a weird feeling thing to do this somewhat as it would have been a bit odd to light a cig while still eating, but vaping's not gross! If I wait till I'm all done the vapor feels like not enough and I want an analog. Again, gotta keep ahead of the cravings because the nicotine hits slower this way.

Good luck and keep with it, you can totally succeed this way. :thumbs:

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Concord, NC USA
I definitely think the nicotine content is the problem. I vape 24mg most of the day. I also refill my cartomizers. I use 1-2 cartomizers a day and then refill whatever one I started with. I tend to want chocolate, almond joy, or peanut butter during the morning with my coffee, and a more fruity flavor late afternoon and into the evening. Depending on the flavor trail that day, I may use one all day working with juices to gradually move from the morning sweetness to the afternoon fruits. Other times I just use a new cartomizer in the afternoon. I don't save the days cartomizers (well I throw them in a box just in case) but generally I can refill the same one 5-7 times which is close to your cartomizer use, but significantly less expensive since it only takes about 20 drops of juice to refill.

Don't worry about the slip, just keep moving forward. I still have not let go completely and just continue to try and I definitely vape 98% of the time (wish there was a ticker for that). For some of us it is not as easy, but just don't beat yourself up!

It is definitely the war we are interestd in and not the battle!

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Just think of all the analogs you have avoided! I have my various favorite flavors in various strengths. I usually vape 18s during the day, but every once in a while I will slip on a 24 if I need it. At night it is the 0 - 8mgs that work best for me. Also, it took me a long time to figure out how to make the refills almost as good as the new ones for me. I think everyone here has slipped at one time or another, but just hang in there. Stock up and plan ahead... you can do this! ;)

JohnnyVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2009
Chicago, IL
Luma, quitting smoking is one of the hardest things to do. A certain habit has been so ingrained in you that it's very easy to go back to.

Remember though, this isn't a short skirmish, it's a long campaign of war. You can't expect to win every confrontation, but think of all the times that you didn't smoke. You've already made great strides, and I know you'll continue to do so. Strap on your PV, and get back into the battle. I know, we all know, that you can do this.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
I started w 24mg, got a bottle of 36 n it was too much. Im just now after 6months, down to 11mg. Ur normal, lol dont get upset!

Id say watch DaMulta's video on refilling carto's and learn to refill them, that way they are good to go a few times and when u run outta prefilled, while waiting on ur next order, u can refill urself...and u wont feel so bad like u do when u smoke anallogs.

My first 3 months vaping, I smoked abt a pack of analogs total. I still have the last one in that pack. One day, I just didnt feel tempted any more. Its a great feeling and you too will get there!

:) Keep ur head up, ur doing everything right, just gotta find ur own style of vaping!
Heck, maybe ud do better w/a 510 or 901(ones u refill easily)? who knows, but great job so far and keep it up!!!!

JohnnyVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2009
Chicago, IL
For some reason, this thread made me think of this:
1210908277_f.jpg

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
Hey Luma, for lots of people, it's natural to smoke while vaping till you are off analogs completely. Please don't beat yourself up over it cus you will when the war! I was lucky, was able to stop smoking almost from the first vape, wasn't trying, it just happened. Smoked a pack a day of ultra lights and have using only 18 mg strength carts. I'm sure once you get stronger carts it will help a lot. Might even want to get a couple of 24mg strength for the days you really want a cig.

If plantlvr hadn't said it, I was going to. Instead of fighting yourself, go with it. If you need to, use the analogs for those times when vaping doesn't satisfy you.

Once you find your "IT" flavor & strength, you will know it and giving up the analogs will be easy. Like some others on here, I quit entirely by accident.

Relax and have fun with it.

Luma

ECF Veteran
well it's the am... took 3 hits of a cig and threw it out. went back to my VK. I do need those 18mg's tho...

Thanks for the support guys and gals. I know I will do fine. Just have to find my strength and flavor. I am hoping that the Nuport flavor will do it for me. I need something menthol but with a little smoke/tobacco flavor. The menthol carts are great but when I am craving, they just dont do it.

btw... that analog was really nasty. I also noticed my taste buds were imediatly destroyed after an analog. Its funny what you realize about analogs after 3 days of not having them.

Last edited:

JohnnyVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2009
Chicago, IL
I need something menthol but with a little smoke/tobacco flavor. The menthol carts are great but when I am craving, they just dont do it.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but experiment with mixing flavors. I try new mixes all the time, and even though I've had some real nasty mixes, I've had some good ones too.

My girlfriend likes the menthol, but also prefers a little tobacco flavor. I've been mixing her cartos with about 80% menthol and 20% Mboro, she seems to like that mix.

MeMa

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
USA
well it's the am... took 3 hits of a cig and threw it out. went back to my VK. I do need those 18mg's tho...

Thanks for the support guys and gals. I know I will do fine. Just have to find my strength and flavor. I am hoping that the Nuport flavor will do it for me. I need something menthol but with a little smoke/tobacco flavor. The menthol carts are great but when I am craving, they just dont do it.

btw... that analog was really nasty. I also noticed my taste buds were imediatly destroyed after an analog. Its funny what you realize about analogs after 3 days of not having them.

Congratulations for throwing out that analog after a few hits Luma! You've gotten great advice here - Don't beat yourself up! Some of us just can't switch right away. I'm still looking for the IT flavor, getting closer but I'm still on analogs. I am down to about 12/day compared to 30/day. The support from forum members has helped quite a bit! Rather than berating myself for not being able to stop analogs I now say "hey I'm doing ok!" It's just going to take me more time than others. Hang in there and keep trying! It can Only get better!!

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
THe first 2 weeks were hell when I first starting vaping. Remember there are several other addictive chemicals in cigarettes that make it that much harder to quit. It takes about 1-2 weeks get those chemicals out of your system and about a month to a month in half to get the rest of the nasty 4000 chemicals out of your system. The one thing I had to give up was eating those kinds of foods that trigger the erg to smoke and stop drinking all together for about 2 months. but after that first week it got a little better as far as that erg to smoke.

One thing i recommend is eating chicken breast and fish tuna or samon and tons of vegies and fruits. Also I recommend if you want rice or patatoes is to eat sweet potatoes and brown rice. Do this for two weeks... and also drink mostly water. IF you do this it will help clean your system out 3 times faster. Which means the erge will go away that much faster.

And now since april I can eat what ever and drink until i hit the ground face first and not want a cigarette....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread