Should i import a provari from the USA to England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I feel your pain Evan! I have been thinking along the same lines as you...

I have a black mini with blue led, but i want another as my backup (evic) is on the blink... (well, the threads are anyway).

I had a look at what was available and it comes down to another provari or a semovar - the semovar seems like a perfectly good option, but i just prefer the look of the provari and known from personal experience how good they are.

Anyway, if it's to be a provari then it must be a full size one and i too want the green led (although i will consider red), and my preferred colour would be red, blue, white or zombie edition. The only provari i have seen with a green led in the UK is a mini so thats ruled out for me. None of the UK stockists have had the zombie edition in anything but mini and enjuice seem to have been out of stock for a long time.

I'll decide in the next couple of months, but let me know how you get on please :)

The only UK stockists i am aware of are;

PREMIUM QUALITY! e-liquid | e-juice & Kangertech | Kanger EVOD - Home - ENjuice (out of stock)

Vape Escape (only stock minis)

E-Liquid and Electronic Cigarette Shop - Category Listings (current stock have blue or red led)

UK ECIG STORE (just minis in stock at the moment, and cant see the option where you choose led colour so they may all be red)

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I feel your pain Evan! I have been thinking along the same lines as you...

I have a black mini with blue led, but i want another as my backup (evic) is on the blink... (well, the threads are anyway).

I had a look at what was available and it comes down to another provari or a semovar - the semovar seems like a perfectly good option, but i just prefer the look of the provari and known from personal experience how good they are.

Anyway, if it's to be a provari then it must be a full size one and i too want the green led (although i will consider red), and my preferred colour would be red, blue, white or zombie edition. The only provari i have seen with a green led in the UK is a mini so thats ruled out for me. None of the UK stockists have had the zombie edition in anything but mini and enjuice seem to have been out of stock for a long time.

I'll decide in the next couple of months, but let me know how you get on please :)

The only UK stockists i am aware of are;

PREMIUM QUALITY! e-liquid | e-juice & Kangertech | Kanger EVOD - Home - ENjuice (out of stock)

Vape Escape (only stock minis)

E-Liquid and Electronic Cigarette Shop - Category Listings (current stock have blue or red led)

UK ECIG STORE (just minis in stock at the moment, and cant see the option where you choose led colour so they may all be red)

The closest i could get to what i was looking for in england/britain was this place New Provari V2.5 They've got a black provari v2.5 with green led or matallic bronze provari v2.5 with green led or the satin silver. They don't have any red, blue, white or zombie provaris though. They've also got satin silver, black and pink all with red led. Just thought i'd mention them.:)

So i wasn't willing to settle for what's available, and so i decided to order from provape. If it's going to cost me £200 then it's got to be right, right ?.

I know it will take 3 to 5 days before it will be shipped, but i can't help going to their site just to check, mad eh ?!.:laugh:

I contacted "enjuice" and told them "you're a joke". They claim to.. well, here's a direct quote copied and pasted :

"We hold a comprehensive stock of both the standard size V2.5 and the ProVari Mini V2.5. In addition we are able to offer UK based warranty support".

They have never had any in stock ever since i first looked at their site. And as for their warranty all they do is send broken provaris to provape. I could do that myself !. :laugh:

Anyway, i'll let you know how i got on and i'll post a photo.

Last edited:

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Crossing fingers on the VAT matter. I know several UK peeps here that seem to prefer buying in USD due to the exchange rate, and for whatever reason their incoming shipments getting dinged for VAT seems to be a pretty rare exception.

The bottom line is: You ordered what you really wanted and that's always a good thing. :) For a shiny new toy, you're getting a good one.

I think the price for the provari, including the packaging and shipping, exceeds the threshhold for vat exemption by about £35. I totally expect to have to pay it.:(. If i get away with not paying it, then i'll assume it isn't due. I'll let you know either way.

I do think i made the right choice by going direct to provape. I wouldn't have wanted to just make do with what was/is available here in the uk. So i'm happy to be getting exactly what i want !.:)

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Hey, I paid a lot of money for my genuine Cobra from Alba Vapours and had it shipped here so I see no reason one couldn't order a ProVari from the US...lol

Sometimes you just have to get what you want, never mind the price.

I know you'll be happy with your ProVari. They're extremely reliable.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

Joules_Verne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
SW France
Hi Evan, I went through the same shall-I-shan't-I last August when I ordered a metallic bronze/blue led direct from Provape shipped to France. All went smoothly and took around 11days. I did get spiked with TVA of 15eur, only thing that got up my nose was the 21eur the customs charged me for raising the paperwork to charge me the 15euros !!. I don't think you will be disappointed with the Provari.
I am coming up to my 6mth vape-versary on 24Feb and am so chuffed to have quit after 55yrs smoking that I am about to pull the trigger on a satin-silver/blue led. Like you, I have been looking to find this config in UK/Europe without success so will order again direct from Provape. I have done the calcs and reckon that satin silver w/blue led and extender cap comes to USD239 (plus was USD47 shipping last time)
I reckon with current exch rate that works out at 144 pounds. I can take the VAT and still come out ahead and get the combination that I want.
Good luck and happy vaping, it really does stay the same vape from the first until the battery blinks, it's not just BS.
I have an MVP2 as backup and you can tell the difference !

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Hi Evan, I went through the same shall-I-shan't-I last August when I ordered a metallic bronze/blue led direct from Provape shipped to France. All went smoothly and took around 11days. I did get spiked with TVA of 15eur, only thing that got up my nose was the 21eur the customs charged me for raising the paperwork to charge me the 15euros !!. I don't think you will be disappointed with the Provari.
I am coming up to my 6mth vape-versary on 24Feb and am so chuffed to have quit after 55yrs smoking that I am about to pull the trigger on a satin-silver/blue led. Like you, I have been looking to find this config in UK/Europe without success so will order again direct from Provape. I have done the calcs and reckon that satin silver w/blue led and extender cap comes to USD239 (plus was USD47 shipping last time)
I reckon with current exch rate that works out at 144 pounds. I can take the VAT and still come out ahead and get the combination that I want.
Good luck and happy vaping, it really does stay the same vape from the first until the battery blinks, it's not just BS.
I have an MVP2 as backup and you can tell the difference !

Mine cost £163 from provape all in. I found out after i'd ordered that the exchange rate i'd been using was incorrect and the provari cost a little more than i thought it would, only a couple of pound though. At the moment i've tracked it to british customs, and i don't know how long they will have it. I'd mentioned in an earlied post that the threshold for vat was about 130 pound but i meant customs duty. The vat is the same as ever at 20%. So at the end of the day, along with customs duty and vat i expect the total will be something like £200.

Joules_Verne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
SW France
Well, Evan, I hope your ears weren't burning yesterday evening - I told my wife you were responsible for my ordering another Provari but she didn't believe me ! I ordered the satin silver w/green led and extender cap + shipping = USD238.85 and Barclaycard/VISA charged me GBP143.71 so even if I get clobbered with TVA/VAT I will still be ahead and have the device to my spec.
Now for the tracking..............

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Well, Evan, I hope your ears weren't burning yesterday evening - I told my wife you were responsible for my ordering another Provari but she didn't believe me ! I ordered the satin silver w/green led and extender cap + shipping = USD238.85 and Barclaycard/VISA charged me GBP143.71 so even if I get clobbered with TVA/VAT I will still be ahead and have the device to my spec.
Now for the tracking..............

Mines still sitting at customs. really !, :(, well they say a watched pot never boils. Tracking says "in progress", whatever that means !.

So your wife didn't believe you when you told her it was my fault you bought yourself another provari, hmmm, wonder why she didn't believe you !.:laugh:. That's got to be the lamest excuse ever, :laugh:, why did you ever expect her to believe that ?,:laugh:. I'm imagining the look on your wifes face when you told her that. Slightly confused, but more angry at the fact that you were actually expecting her to believe what you were telling her.:laugh:

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Hi Evan, what's the status on your Provari ?
Mine cleared customs in Paris Saturday morning and was picked up by the courier company, may be here tomorrow.
Glad you don't take my jokes seriously ! after 47yrs my wife certainly doesn't, something about pulling the other one and getting on my bike.

Hah,:laugh:..

Been tracking it everyday. Ordered it on the 10th and it cleared customs on the 18th. Now it's sitting in the uk national hub waiting to be picked up by the courier. So it'll be two weeks ago tomorrow when i ordered it. Maybe get it tuesday or wednesday although it's been at the hub since the 21st, according to the tracking, so maybe even tomorrow, who knows !.:). Been getting the feeling that the uk tracking isn't keeping up.:unsure:.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
So i got a letter from parcel force today. They've asked for £27.74. £14.24 for the import vat and £13.50 clearence fee.

When i purchased the Provari from Provape it cost £163 and that included shipping. So the grand total is £190.74.

I looked at a site here in the uk, where i would have bought one, to compare the price i've paid, and i would have spent £207.

I've saved about £17.

If i am at home when they come tomorrow obviously i'll get it tomorrow. If i'm out i'll be collecting it at my general post office on thursday. I'll post a photo.

Joules_Verne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
SW France
Beep-beep outside this morning, the courier delivered ! (with a rollie hanging out of his mouth, I tried hard not to smile - been there, done that, got (had) the teeshirt with the burn marks on it.. )
38euros duty to pay, with the GBP144 that makes total of GBP176 and boy, am I pleased with it.
Hope you get yours tomorrow, I'll try to get a piccie up later.
Whatever the price at least we both got the spec we wanted and saved some dosh for juice !
My wife (who you might have heard mentioned) said that I have no colour sense, should have
ordered the green LED with the metallic bronze and the blue LED with the satin silver not v.v ahh well..

Ohm-y-Gosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
England, UK
OP....I had precisely the same dilemma a week ago when I purchased my Provari. I was keen on the satin silver version with blue LED.....but the half dozen or so UK vendors I found via google searches all listed them as out of stock. I didn't fancy waiting so nearly went ahead with ordering a red LED version, but thought I'd send a few emails to various vendors to see if/when my preferred version would be back in stock. That yielded a result.....one of them had them in stock but for some reason the website was showing as out-of stock. Ultimately, mine crossed the threshold of my house a day later. Perhaps worth a few emails?

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
So here it is.

001.jpg

007.jpg

Tactile little things aren't they !.

Last edited:

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
OP....I had precisely the same dilemma a week ago when I purchased my Provari. I was keen on the satin silver version with blue LED.....but the half dozen or so UK vendors I found via google searches all listed them as out of stock. I didn't fancy waiting so nearly went ahead with ordering a red LED version, but thought I'd send a few emails to various vendors to see if/when my preferred version would be back in stock. That yielded a result.....one of them had them in stock but for some reason the website was showing as out-of stock. Ultimately, mine crossed the threshold of my house a day later. Perhaps worth a few emails?

Obsolutely !.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread