Dec 26, 2012
Texas
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Off Topic

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
ProVape gets charged an extra $15 by the vendor they get the blue and green LEDs from. Rather than raise the price across the board, they only charge extra for people who select that option. I'm not sure why it would cost $49 for the option for people overseas, though.

Not fully understanding what you meant in the last line of your post, so i'm going to guess your thinking "provape" charges that for people overseas. What i meant in my previous post was that british vendors charge that much, it can vary though.

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Just trying to help the unknowing out and maybe save some money.I'm glad the OP is aware of after sales service as I have 2 friends who are in need of it.One said it wasn't worth the hassle and the other chose to go back to cigarettes.(very sad)
If you don't appreciate my advice,just do what I did for you..use the ignore option.It's on the left side of the settings page.

You know... this is actually not the first time I've seen people say they have problems with Provari...and they are all overseas. I'm wondering if some of the places that sell Provari are actually selling FAKE Provari? As in, maybe taking the guts out of the Provari (which are hand soldered in the USA is my understanding, and thus uncopyable for mass cheapo production), replacing it with a cheap circuit board, and sending it out with the Provari outside. Then keeping the actual hand built circuit board for something for themselves?

This would never work on a US buyer, since anyone here would just send it back to ProVape, who'd discover the problem immediately.

Because one of the things I saw in one of the other threads downing provari is that the cap is loose and has to be shoved back in. WHY would the cap get loose if it's never been taken off the unit???

I used my Provari cap as a darn crowbar... when I couldn't get the glass off my Steam Turbine, I TORQUED it down on my Provari and used the Provari head as a lever to pry the cap off the Steam. Not sure if I'm explaining this right, but you wouldn't believe what I did to the Provari if you saw it.

What I did would have destroyed any other mod I own (which happens to be a heck of a lot of mods at this point), but I was so frustrated with the Steam at that point, I didn't care, and figured at the worst, I'd send it back to Provari for repair. It has NO effect on the Provari, and I got the top off the Steam. I still can't get the cap off my Provari, even after that (not that I've tried popping it out from inside). They are built like the Sherman tanks of the PV world, and I just loved my Provari that much more (it's my PV screwdriver in so many ways).

Yet I see these people pop up with Provari defect issues... and usually from overseas. Hrm!!!

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I got distracted by a post about the "Svoemesto semovar". I went and had a look at it on the "cloud 9 vaping" site. Modular, which is interesting. Still, won't stop me buying a provari, but, the whole modular thing beats any aftersales service, right !?. Definitely going to be getting one of those in the not so distant future. Not as "attractive" as a polished stainless steel provari with green L.E.D from provape usa though.:)

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
As a long time ProVari owner, I would be surprised if you ever regretted your purchase. We talk about the benefits of low cost repair, and good customer service, but the fact of the matter is that ProVari's almost never need servicing (provided the owner cleans the battery contacts every six months or so :) ).

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
As a long time ProVari owner, I would be surprised if you ever regretted your purchase. We talk about the benefits of low cost repair, and good customer service, but the fact of the matter is that ProVari's almost never need servicing (provided the owner cleans the battery contacts every six months or so :) ).

I dunno... the used one I bought clearly never got cleaned in its life... and it vaped amazing (I cleaned it tho... wow... dirty).

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
I got distracted by a post about the "Svoemesto semovar". I went and had a look at it on the "cloud 9 vaping" site. Modular, which is interesting. Still, won't stop me buying a provari, but, the whole modular thing beats any aftersales service, right !?. Definitely going to be getting one of those in the not so distant future. Not as "attractive" as a polished stainless steel provari with green L.E.D from provape usa though.:)

Why limit yourself to one led colour:)?
SvoeMesto SM-V3 Semovar Window - Cloud 9 Vaping

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
So, i've been doing a lot of searching for a stainless steel provari v2.5. Found one on a british site but has the blue led. I cannot find a stainless steel provari v2.5 with a green led anywhere except from provapes usa site. I really want the green led, and to be honest i don't want to buy a provari if i'm not happy with the specs. So, given the fact that i will be charged vat etc when it arrives in england the final cost should be about £190. I'm not trying to save money by importing so do you think it's worth the trouble to import a provari ?.

I really do love the Provari and it is what I use but I have to ask a question.

I will start by saying that I have not read this thread and only your post.

I thought there were a couple of really good devices closer to home for you.

I thought there were some products that were competitive with the Provari but were in Europe. It made sense of me to get a Provari in the USA but would it not make sense to get a super premium device from Europe?

I could be all wrong on this. Just a thought.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
So yesterday i pushed the button on a polished stainless steel Provari v2.5 and extension end cap, direct from Provape. Hard to say how long it will take to get here, so i'll just wait. I'll post a photo when i've got it.

Oh, I see you ordered the Provari. I think you will be very happy with it.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I really do love the Provari and it is what I use but I have to ask a question.

I will start by saying that I have not read this thread and only your post.

I thought there were a couple of really good devices closer to home for you.

I thought there were some products that were competitive with the Provari but were in Europe. It made sense of me to get a Provari in the USA but would it not make sense to get a super premium device from Europe?

I could be all wrong on this. Just a thought.

Yeah you're right. Looking at a Semovar SvoeMesto SM V3 Semovar BASE Kit - Semi-Polished - Cloud 9 Vaping

Much nicer than a provari, adjustable centre terminal, modular, option for hybrid configuration. Very attractive mod. Might get one of these. There about £50 cheaper than a provari.

Also looking at the futura too, but that's american.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I will say this.

If something better than a Provari comes out I might not be interested. It hit all the features that I want and does everything I want of it.

That said there is a cost to moving things around the world and I do know there are good things in Europe.

If I was in the UK or Europe I think I would be looking at things there but I could be wrong.

I am saying it this way because I don't want anyone to think I don't like the Provari. It fills my wants for an 18650 device perfectly. :)

If I was over there I would probably be looking at the SvoeMesto.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I will say this.

If something better than a Provari comes out I might not be interested. It hit all the features that I want and does everything I want of it.

That said there is a cost to moving things around the world and I do know there are good things in Europe.

If I was in the UK or Europe I think I would be looking at things there but I could be wrong.

I am saying it this way because I don't want anyone to think I don't like the Provari. It fills my wants for an 18650 device perfectly. :)

If I was over there I would probably be looking at the SvoeMesto.

The thing with the Provari, from the official description, is that it provides a consistant vape until the battery is flat. That's not a direct quote but with words to that affect.

With most other mods, probably all of them, the vapour production deteriorates when the battery is getting flat. So i needed the provari for that reason. Also, i couldn't get the specs i wanted in England. I "needed" a polished stainless steel Provari v2.5 with "green" led, has to be green, and i couldn't find it here. I'm not saving any money getting it abroad. With vat etc added on to what i've already paid it should work out to be about the same price as it is here..:)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
The thing with the Provari, from the official description, is that it provides a consistant vape until the battery is flat. That's not a direct quote but with words to that affect.

With most other mods, probably all of them, the vapour production deteriorates when the battery is getting flat. So i needed the provari for that reason. Also, i couldn't get the specs i wanted in England. I "needed" a polished stainless steel Provari v2.5 with "green" led, has to be green, and i couldn't find it here. I'm not saving any money getting it abroad. With vat etc added on to what i've already paid it should work out to be about the same price as it is here..:)

Crossing fingers on the VAT matter. I know several UK peeps here that seem to prefer buying in USD due to the exchange rate, and for whatever reason their incoming shipments getting dinged for VAT seems to be a pretty rare exception.

The bottom line is: You ordered what you really wanted and that's always a good thing. :) For a shiny new toy, you're getting a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread