Should i rebell at 21?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberto Quezada

Jan 18, 2020
Hi im a newcomer and I need advice this is going to sound like a stupid question. But I been vaping behind my parents back since I was 19 and now I'm 21 and the reason I have for quitting this stuff is going to sound stupid but here it is well since im 21 now I don't want to rebel against my parents anymore because i find it ridiculous. My parents have caught me like 3 times and are very strict on me about it. But there still giving me a chance. So what should i do should i continue vaping behind my parents back at 21 or should I stop what do you guys think???

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Well...
Going behind your parent's back never bodes well.
You are 21 - sounds like you are living in their home ?
Their house/their rules.

Are you vaping to not smoke or vaping just for vaping ?
If you are vaping just to vape, I would say stop.

Back to going behind your parent's back...respect is priceless...self respect even more so.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi im a newcomer and I need advice this is going to sound like a stupid question. But I been vaping behind my parents back since I was 19 and now I'm 21 and the reason I have for quitting this stuff is going to sound stupid but here it is well since im 21 now I don't want to rebel against my parents anymore because i find it ridiculous. My parents have caught me like 3 times and are very strict on me about it. But there still giving me a chance. So what should i do should i continue vaping behind my parents back at 21 or should I stop what do you guys think???
Welcome and glad you joined.
It's all about your comfort level and how you address or not address the subject.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Maybe time to rent a flat/get a flat share and move out ... not being sarccy - I left home at 17 to live my own life - a decision I have never regretted ( and btw I am looking at being 70 in April )

If you can't do that, then it is indeed "The Parents' House, the Parents' Rules!"

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome.

But, why are you asking a bunch of strangers on the net this question? I'm not going to tell you what to do, you are TWENTY ONE years old. It's really old enough to decide what to do on your own, do you not think?

I can tell you what *I* would do, and it would be to sit down and have a (well you should try) to have a mature conversation with them about your vaping, and see if they are comfortable, and if they are not maybe the garage or you should vape outside.

The fact your parents found you 3 times already tells me you aren't good at stealth.

At this point in your life you don't NEED stealth anymore, you just need to find out if you are vaping INSIDE or OUTSIE and well if you can't vape in your bedroom there are INFINIUDES of places you could find where you make your own rules. If you are working or in college you should find a part time job and go for THAT.

I worked part time ALL the way through college and graduated with a double distinction in both majors so don't get all whiny if you are in college about funding yourself to get your own place.

Anna

But, seriously I could care less which choice you make. Your parents may have a different opinion but it is THEM you should be talking to.

Oh boy the educational system has so much to answer for these days.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Pour your parents a drink. Get them loosened up. Then hit em with the news that you are grown and can make your own decisions. If they kick you out, the good news is... You can make your own decisions.

Bible says "Honor thy Father and thy Mother." Something something blah blah blah

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I mean, yer 21 now. Go tell your folks where to get off for crying out loud. Grow some nads. And be sure to come back and let us know how that turns out for ya.
    The invisible sarc start and end tags on that post jump right out.. :blink:

• Agree

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    REBEL!!!
    qXJgLBJ.jpg