Should I tell my family that I vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been vaping for about 3 months now, but I still haven't told anyone in my family that I vape. Since I'm a college student, I still live with my mom and I've managed to keep all my vaping supplies hidden from her so far. It's not difficult to hide everything, but I feel pretty bad for doing it. I know she'll be disappointed (and possibly even angry) when she finds out, which is why I haven't admitted to it yet. I don't really don't how to approach the discussion with her either.

Anyone have any advice?

Reactions: glointhedark

Mousetower

Aug 9, 2017
I think that if you are vaping to stay off cigs, then that's fine, and your family should be pretty happy about it (provided that they understand).
The point is that vaping is generally considered to be much less harmful than cigarettes, but in reality, it's probably better, from a health point of view, to do neither. I certainly wouldn't have started vaping if I hadn't got myself hooked on the evil weed.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think anyone can give you too much advice on this matter, personally. Like others have pointed out, it depends on a lot of factors, like if you were smoking before and it would give her ease to know (with an explanation) that vaping is safer, for example.

But, you know your mom/family best, you really have to be the judge of whether withholding the information is better for HER overall wellbeing and weigh that against her finding out you've been vaping after a long time and did not tell her and how hurt/upset she might be?

I'm assuming you are an adult, so you have the right to make these kinds of decisions.

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Getting involved in family dynamics is fraught with pitfalls. If you're over 18 you're free to do as you wish. I you're using it to keep from smoking, great. If you're vaping as a just because no one can assure you of absolute safety. Way better than cigarettes, not as good as just breathing.

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread