Should I try a different type of atomizer on my Reo Grand ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronic Dripper

Aug 21, 2012
Mission BC
I used to direct drip with my LR ( Smoktech ) 510's, a dripshield, driptip attached to a standard Ego T battery ( 1000mAh ), now I use the same atty and tip on my new Reo Grand. The atty's were lasting 3-4 weeks on the Ego, but on the Grand they are lasting 1 1/2 weeks, sometimes less. I know the manufacterer, suggests the 510 LR ( mine are 1.7 ohm ) and I test them regularily ( multimeter ). Should I bump up to a 2 ohm resistance ? Try 306's or something else ? Don't wanna be atty shopping all the time, as you can imagine I keep quite a few on hand.
Also I saw a You Tube video where the girl in the demo of the Reo Grand had a drip shield on her 510, mine doesn't seem to work on the Grand, looks like she's got the same one I have, mines a Smoktech brand. Least of my worries anyways as I haven't really seen a need for it on my Reo. Is there shorter drip shields available though?

Anxiously awaiting your feedback !

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Came across this while searching extenders. I know the grand doesn't need a drip shield but I have a couple and really like the way they look. I have read that Rob does not recommend using adapters overall but I think I might try one on my grand as it is used and out of warranty anyway. Can someone suggest a high quality extender that would give me the best chance of not shorting anything out? I know there is a difference in the good ones and the cheapies but do not know how to identify them other than price which is rarely a good indicator.

taphandle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Came across this while searching extenders. I know the grand doesn't need a drip shield but I have a couple and really like the way they look. I have read that Rob does not recommend using adapters overall but I think I might try one on my grand as it is used and out of warranty anyway. Can someone suggest a high quality extender that would give me the best chance of not shorting anything out? I know there is a difference in the good ones and the cheapies but do not know how to identify them other than price which is rarely a good indicator.

I was using drip shields but I like to see the cup. I am still using extentions on most of my Reos as it just seems to work better for me that way. I can't say they are good or bad but have had no issue with these and they are not the cheapest.
510-510 Shorty adaptor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread