Not open for further replies.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Thanks:). There's only a few more pieces I still have to get before I feel like I've tried all the best known vaping items. And that's a SNP tank and a DNA20 type (going to wait to see what new models come out for this, nothing I've seen with it yet is a must have). But I've yet to see/hear of any battery that comes close to a Provari for durability/reliability, which besides interesting looks is what I most care about.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I just addressed my responses into your quote. (Mine in bold)
It's not difficult to quote text properly. Allow me to demonstrate. :D

the performance data of every major brand of batteries is posted on several threads here on ECF.
That data is for brand-new batteries, right? How applicable is it as the battery begins to degrade after a few hundred charge/discharge cycles?

Once you know the slope and intercept points of a battery curve, calculation of the mAh is pretty simple, I would think someone of your advanced technical knowledge would figure it out pretty quick.
Call me a skeptic, but I prefer empirical measurements rather than theoretical calculations based on a manufacturer's data sheet, especially when we know that there are all sorts of clone batteries out there.

the MOD cannot possibly know what brand of battery you are putting in it, the MOD mAh software/firmware/whatever would have have a general curve which would sort of make the whole feature useless.
Or you could simply assign a number to each battery that you own and tell the mod which one you just popped in. Then it could learn that battery's curve. This would give us a number of benefits such as identifying batteries that aren't up to snuff for whatever reason and being able to see how the curve changes as the battery ages due to cycling.

You did not acknowledge the safety part I tried to stress. [...] I would not like to charge my device through a micro-USB, because I would be risking my ProVari on whatever power source I plugged into.
What kind of cell phone do you have? Do you have a tablet like an iPad or similar? Is the replacement cost of these devices more or less than a a Provari? Do you also take the batteries out of these devices to charge them separately, or do you risk those devices on whatever power source you plug them into? :D

Good luck finding something with all the features you want.
Thanks! :vapor:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Most of us don't feel the need to be that .... retentive, but I'll humor you.

That data is for brand-new batteries, right? How applicable is it as the battery begins to degrade after a few hundred charge/discharge cycles?
Wrong. that data is for batteries both new, used, and at the end of their useful life. This has been hashed out thoroughly at candlepowerforum.com long before modders started sticking big batteries in tubes to vape off of. You would know that if you had actually searched for the information.

Call me a skeptic, but I prefer empirical measurements rather than theoretical calculations based on a manufacturer's data sheet, especially when we know that there are all sorts of clone batteries out there.
That is why most of us buy AW IMR batteries from an AW battery dealer, or from AW himself.

Or you could simply assign a number to each battery that you own and tell the mod which one you just popped in. Then it could learn that battery's curve. This would give us a number of benefits such as identifying batteries that aren't up to snuff for whatever reason and being able to see how the curve changes as the battery ages due to cycling.
Or we could buy a high quality battery, high quality charger, and dispose of the battery when it stops holding a charge.

...does this stuff really keep you awake at night?:confused:

What kind of cell phone do you have? Do you have a tablet like an iPad or similar? Is the replacement cost of these devices more or less than a a Provari? Do you also take the batteries out of these devices to charge them separately, or do you risk those devices on whatever power source you plug them into? :D
Warning! Graphic images of burned hands, legs and melty cell phones!
https://www.google.com/search?q=exp...bioATG84CIAw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1241&bih=605

Since you are obviously using this thread for your own amusement, you can have more fun here: Disney.com | The official home for all things Disney

My ProVari blinks at me when it's time to replace the battery, and when the ProVari refuses to fire, I know my battery has been drained to 3.2 volts.

Edit: That is all of the information I need to know in order to use both my batteries and my device effectively. Anything more than that is overkill for my needs. However, for the sake of appeasing your need to have useless information at your fingertips, I'm sure there are very high end chargers out there that will assist you in gathering the kind of information you need. If there isn't, then obviously no one else feels this burning desire quite the way you do.

Just my :2c:

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

kbzj.jpg

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
OK, apparently some people think that the currently available Provari is the prefect device that can never be improved and nothing else can ever be better. Cool. Provape, are you listening? Don't ever change a thing! :laugh:

I'm sorry, I got a little side tracked in this thread. What don't you like about your ProVari? I was just curious cuz I haven't heard many say they didn't like the one they purchased. Mine has been working awesome. Did you get the new V2?

But back on topic, OP never even came back so not sure if there's true interest or trying to stir the pot. Just say'in.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va

I responded the way I did because I did not want to cherry pick portions of your quotation, like you did from mine...again.

I can produce no better refutation of your reckless speculation than the one already provided by PLANofMAN.

I can produce no better refutation of your false assumptions than the one already provided by PLANofMAN. What I would call you would not be a "skeptic".

Yep, you can do that all you want. That sounds so much simpler than pressing a button nine times, or carrying a few extra batteries.

My cell phone is charged by a specific adapter made by the manufacturer of the device. I don't remove the battery because it is not recommended by the manufacturer. I don't plug it into a USB port of a computere via micro-USB cable, that is for sure.

You are welcome.

DeadPuppy_zps4eee264a.png

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Well, that went nicely. :blink:

So, in summary:

Buy a ProVari if you want, or not. If you do buy one and like it, keep it, it will last you a looooooong time.

If you don't like it, you can re-sell it in the classifieds, they usually don't last too long there.

That summarizes about 200 "Should I buy a Provari?," and "What's so great about ProVari?" threads.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
That summarizes about 200 "Should I buy a Provari?," and "What's so great about ProVari?" threads.
Lol. I really like my ProVari. I also like my Vamo, my Zmax, my MVP.... and on and on. I just don't get how these questions invariably turn into a bunch of howler monkeys throwing feces at each other.

Next up: The AR vs. AK debate.

:pop:

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Lol. I really like my ProVari. I also like my Vamo, my Zmax, my MVP.... and on and on. I just don't get how these questions invariably turn into a bunch of howler monkeys throwing feces at each other.

Next up: The AR vs. AK debate.

:pop:

Go visit a motorcycle forum some time, we ain't got nothing on them. Human nature is weird.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I can't remember who it was, but one time a member posted that he witnessed the most vicious forum fight imaginable. He said he had never seen anything like it. It got very personal and horribly mean. It started with something he posted, but soon grew far beyond him with members attacking each other. And what started it? It was on a cooking forum and in a review of a muffin recipe he had written something critical of a particular kind of flour.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
This Is The Most Epic Brand Meltdown On Facebook Ever
Yeah I couldn't find that, but I got derailed on this gem. I remember watching that episode and reading the comments as those restaurant owners had a meltdown...and went to war vs. Reddit, Yelp, and Facebook.

Epic. :pop:

Not quite the same, but also very weird was this episode. I didn't witness it (I was never able to get the hang of LambdaMoo), but reading about it fascinated me.

JULIAN DIBBELL - "A Rape in Cyberspace"

ETA: I read an article about the restaurant fight, but it was about the owners and why they were kicked off the show. I think it mentioned posts on fb, but that wasn't the focus of the story.

Last edited:

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
I bought a Provari because I found it used on ebay for cheapskies, it was kinda beat up and worked like nothing else I owned. I bought another brand-new because I liked it so much and I think it looks better in green with red splatters.
I do not care if you do not like mine for they are mine.
I also use my VV/VW devices in VV mode because I know where my sweet spot is in voltage on all my toppers. I will learn where it is in VW because I am going to do a DNA20 build for myself soon-ish. It will be in rotation with my provaris and MVP2 and mechs and....

Should you upgrade to Provari? It is a solid device that you can get your money back out of. So why not if you can afford it? If it does not have the features you want then probably not..... It is still a great device that I am happy to own.

Also,

Kan i joyn ur guild of ossum nobl provari lytesaiber weelding waryers of virchew and trewth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread