should nic juice over 36 mg be banned ?

should over 36 mg nicotine levels be banned ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
would be nice to at least see better warning lables and handling suggestions with the higher nic levels due to people that do not completely understand the hazards . I only mess around with 18 mg stuff and keep it in a very safe location .soon will be getting a lock box for my stuff way before i try to handle above 36 mg nic juice . I just want to make sure I am responsible with the stuff . I do have a bottle of 36 mg but I have not opened it yet .

Wow ! Do you do the same with your liquor? hairspray? cologne? shampoo? deodarant? windex? toilet cleaner? You get the idea here right? and just so you know your using extreme caution with juice that has less nicotine in it than a pack of cigarettes but if it makes you feel better i guess you could use gloves and a gas mask also. Then place the unused juice in a spill proof container, wrap in plastic wrap, then wrap in tin foil, place in a fireproof safe and then bury it 10 feet under. Just remember where you buried it so when you need to drip again in about 5 minutes you know where to get it.

Or for that matter i live in the country....maybe you do to. Do you take extra precautions with gas, diesel, fertilizer, pesticides...of course we do but do we put in all in a safe?

Lets not go overboard here.

Having said that i have seen several posters say they vape 48MG juice (stupid) but what can you do? I also have know people that drink straight everclear (stupider).

My grandfather once told me you can't teach common sense.

Reactions: cigarbabe

DrkLashes

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
www.facebook.com
The ONLY reason I'm inclined to say yes (or at least not right now) is because we only need just a couple of people to screw up and get hurt or accidentally hurt someone else somehow and then it's exaggerated all over the news- too many people/organizations that would like to see ecigs banned as is... (and if they ever DID manage that- *insert expletives here*) But minus that fear, it would be a shame for people not to have the freedom to mix their own... Stuff really is too over regulated now! :mad:

• Disagree

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
It should definitely be banned.
My 6 year old child passed right by the 18 mg juice to get to the 100mg juice.
I was lucky that I grabbed her before she had a chance to drink much.
I may need to put a lock on my refrigerator.

can you not see the flaws in your comments? Because it seems to me you wouldh't have grabbed her if she was reaching for the 18mg. It seems to me that you might want forks and electrical sockets banned as well, since policing after a child might seem like a daunting task.

Edit: I am not Picking on you or singling you out BH, I was only replying to the comment... I didn't realize you were THE BH until after posting just pure coincidence

Last edited:

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It should definitely be banned.
My 6 year old child passed right by the 18 mg juice to get to the 100mg juice.
I was lucky that I grabbed her before she had a chance to drink much.
I may need to put a lock on my refrigerator.

Are you serious8-o NO nicotine liquid should be in the reach of a child:mad: Tell me you were just joking:rolleyes:
RIMP:evil:

Actually I think anything over 30mg should be licensed (not banned), and that's just being generous. 24mg is already considered Very High and I already get a better buzz on that compared to the Marlboro Cowboy Killers I used to smoke. Anything from 24 to 30 would be sufficient for cutting and mixing.

If you want anything higher, then you should have a license to get it that says you're qualified to work with it. <- that should weed out some of the dummies, better safe than sorry.

Captain Morgan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Oklahoma
If anyone is worried about having nic juice >36mg in their home, DON'T BUY ANY! If anyone is worried about their children getting hold of their nic juice, PUT IT UP OUT OF THEIR REACH! If anyone is worried about other poor ignorant vapers killing themselves because they are not as intelligent as us, WISE UP! The Chinese have been vaping for the past 6 years, and those in the western world for the past 2 years, all without a single instance of fatal over-dosing on nicotine. For that matter, just a little over 50 years ago, mankind did not have any drug laws whatsoever, yet managed to survive without it for over 2 million years. So where are the ignorant that could cause the rest of us a lot of trouble? They are in the FDA and their support groups, the anti-this and anti-that people, chipping away at our God given freedoms under the false banner of "Safety". If we continue in this direction, we will ultimately end up with neither freedom nor safety.:-x

• Love

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I like that you have a choose to by it or not, if you do you take the responsibility to store and use it properly. I am tired of people not taking responsibility for their own actions. Everyone wants to blame someone else for them not reading and researching before using something. And when they do something wrong they always say, "It's not my fault, I didn't know what I was doing, no one told my it would do that, and because they didn't tell me it is their fault not mine." WRONG it is your fault for not reading and doing your part.

Anyway sorry about that. Just had to get that out.
Ditto Here!
We don't need any more impediments, we do need to know how to stay safe! Put it up high, lock it up, but do not ban it. 40-60mg on nicotine can killl ~ so use with respect.

Big Hit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2009
Inver Grove Heights MN
can you not see the flaws in your comments? Because it seems to me you wouldh't have grabbed her if she was reaching for the 18mg. It seems to me that you might want forks and electrical sockets banned as well, since policing after a child might seem like a daunting task.

Edit: I am not Picking on you or singling you out BH, I was only replying to the comment... I didn't realize you were THE BH until after posting just pure coincidence

Are you serious8-o NO nicotine liquid should be in the reach of a child:mad: Tell me you were just joking:rolleyes:
RIMP:evil:

Ha ha,my kid has learned her lesson after having her stomach pumped.
Now I store my juice behind the Mad Dog wine and she hates MD.

Dad2daBone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I don't think it should be banned. Responsible use should be up to the person who decides to work with it. You can buy a bottle of sleeping pills with enough drug in it to kill yourself, you just don't take the whole bottle at once. I completely recommend if your going the DIY path, get one of those nic test kits and make sure you know what your vaping.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Put a warning label on it that says:

This is a highly toxic substance. If you're stupid enough to buy this product and not handle it properly, please use contraception. The gene pool is muddy enough as it is!!!

We aren't a bunch of babies. We are around dangerous products all day. Handling nic is nowhere near as dangerous as driving. Of course, if the car came in for the first time now, it would probably be banned too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread