Shouldnt dripping be dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingraptor724

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
United States
Seeing that sub ohm tanks have become big it makes me wonder why people still drip? There is none of the hassle of building coils, it holds juice so you dont have to carry around a ejuice bottle everywhere and it can produce the same vapor as rebuildables. My 3 friends drip and I have been using 0.3ohm atlantis v2 and are clouds come out to about the same, a little more for me actually because I have unusually larger lungs than most people but why drip anymore.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
One word... Flavor. I haven't met a single sub-ohm tank that can even come close to my Magma for flavor. Plus, many of us enjoy the hobby aspect of building out own coils. Also, changing flavors is a lot easier.

There will always be different preferences. Sub-ohm tanks have definitely changed the market, but they are not the end all be all.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I'd say no. Flavor is good in tankes, but flavor can't be by dripping. Some tanks, but not all can be run as high as an RDA does. There isn't a hassle building coils anyways though? I don't find it to be a hassle though. Tanks are nice, but dripping/squonking will always be ahead of a tank.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Quality RDA clone $10
100ft kanthal. $6
100 cotton balls 1$

Never having to buy another pre built coil ...... Priceless.

Edited to add:

Ever wonder why all the latest tanks advertise themselves as being "just as good as an RDA"?
;)
There's a reason RDAs are used as a benchmark tanks try to achieve.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Looking at your post i see clouds are mentioned. Thats cool to look at but really has nothing to do with flavor.

Sub tanks are a niche market just like 150 w mods, sure they are popular but 90% of the owners never touch 150 watts, they want the extended battery life

Oversized clearomizers will stay popular for ease of use, but even then they dont compare to the true rebuildable subtanks like goblins and cthulhu's.

Besides, think you'll find this in a chinese made clearomizer head?

images-4.jpg

Why buy a subtank when you could of had a v8?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Seeing that sub ohm tanks have become big it makes me wonder why people still drip? There is none of the hassle of building coils, it holds juice so you dont have to carry around a ejuice bottle everywhere and it can produce the same vapor as rebuildables. My 3 friends drip and I have been using 0.3ohm atlantis v2 and are clouds come out to about the same, a little more for me actually because I have unusually larger lungs than most people but why drip anymore.

1: sub ohm tanks versus "drip"
what ?
what is the connection?

2: ok so you think dripping is about clouds?

3: why "drip" anymore.
manual control of wicking.

If you vape on a tank taking 1 vape a minute at low power or 1 vape in 3 minutes at higher power you might be fine
but if you find yourself chainvaping occasionally (or frequently) especially at high power and the wicking doesn't keep up, you get the DRY HIT and now you have to either ...... wait......wait.........wait, or maybe you have to rewick.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Seems folks have summed it up. The flavor from a well setup quality rda (clone or authentic) can not be matched by any current device with a premade factory coil. I have a Revolt here, .31 ohm dual coil set up with.JOC and 24g N80 and there is simply no way the flavor from an Atlantis 2 even comes close.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I drip on an ego at about 7 watts or so. A little dual coil octopus dripper. I use it to test flavors with. No clouds but works ok with a 1.8 30 gauge build in it.
I agree with those not wanting to buy the 3-5 dollar heads for subohms.
Pack of 5 authentic occs for $10 at FastTech. I'm not arguing just saying. I use the rba too now but $2 occ that last me a few weeks is well worth it.

puddinman

Jun 6, 2015
I see dripping as an entirely different thing. It's more of a hobby than a habit. I haven't started building myself, but a local shop built me a .2 dual coil on a derringer which beats my Atlantis v2 as far as flavor. I rewick as needed. I don't pay much attention to clouds but I would say the Derringer wins there too. When I don't wanna mess with dripping I use my Atlantis at home as well.

I drip on my Derringer/Sigelei 150 when I'm on my porch relaxing with a drink and my dog and or my (adult) kids. The wife is NOT into the increased vapor so she avoids that. We swap flavors and have little cloud contests and it's quite enjoyable. I don't see myself competing or anything though.

I used to take my iStick 50w with a Nautilus 1.8 when I'm going out. Now I also alternate with the Subbox mini kit and the Heatvape Invader. Just depends on my mood/what's filled and ready.

I don't think RDAs are going anywhere because they are dependable, cheap and fun. Tanks and replaceable coils also have a place for portability, convenience and stealth aspects.

It's a big market and there's a place for all tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread