caracl.jpg

Wow, absolutely gorgeous!

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
hi guys, i was wondering for people in the USA what shipping courier do you guys use to ship out the caravela's to pedro? UPS or Fedex anyone have problems when shipping to him? this is my first time and i have to send out the firing mechanism. Thank you for your time

Hey K, whats wrong with the bottom button. Would like to know for future reference.

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Id like to hope so...but i have a feeling it is lost now and i will have to wait until the 23rd before Pedro will look into it with the postal people on his end...then undoubtedly it will be another month of all of that...and if they dont find it..probably have to maek another...another month probably...then ship and hope again..2-3 weeks on shippingi guess... so i am probably looking at February or March... for number 155

But alas that is part of the game we all play i guess... sigh

Sorry to hear about your shipping troubles Jeff :(
Have no fear, I'm sure you'll be getting your Caravela any day now.

spw11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2012
Texas
Anyone know if you can still get on the list? I've tried accessing the google.docs link and it seems broken, althugh could be my computer here at work. Tried on iPhone too, no luck.

Thanks!
Juanita

Pretty sure Pedro is still taking orders. Delivery is like 3-4 months out. His website has been acting a little flaky lately... There's been a couple times in the last week or so I haven't been able to get the Caravela home page to come up, so there may be some side effects to the linked pages... I dunno.

Keep tryin'!

VaporHead512

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
TX
Id like to hope so...but i have a feeling it is lost now and i will have to wait until the 23rd before Pedro will look into it with the postal people on his end...then undoubtedly it will be another month of all of that...and if they dont find it..probably have to maek another...another month probably...then ship and hope again..2-3 weeks on shippingi guess... so i am probably looking at February or March... for number 155

That sucks man, I feel your pain and I am sorry.

spw11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2012
Texas

That sucks much jager....... I've got my second on the way and there's always that nagging feeling in the background that something gonna get hosed along the way. I'm mean it's a tiny package and a big ocean... right. Who knows what kind of turmoil is going on in the NY area after Sandy though. Could just be stuck in some kind of loop there and eventually thrown free.

Moueix

Moved On
Aug 20, 2012
Michigan and Iowa
Break one nine for LongHaul. How bout ya LongHaul, copy?

Buddy, I initiated my order with one each of the 350,500 and 650 tubes. Added another 650 for finish variety. Then I saw the measurements of the finished assemblies on Pedro's site. That 350, fully assembled is 69mm long. I measure the width of my middle 3 fingers (I have monster big hands. Not fat, just SPANNED. XXL gloves) and those three fingers are 75mm. Realized that the 350 with an atty could only be held by two fingers, pinky for trigger. So I cancelled my 350 and 500, and instead I'm just getting 3 650 tubes, each finish except shiny SS. Then I looked through the old spreadsheet and the new, and see you have MANY orders, and all but one are 650 tubes only. Obviously, you're using your first orders, and still ordering just 650's for the most part. I assume you must be very happy with just those tubes.

I'm getting two sets of bottoms and tops, and I'll put a 500+kick in one for my rba, but a 650 batt in one for just a drip atty or Gryphon (Thanks Dspin!) to enjoy the long battery life.

I'm wondering, are you happy with pretty much all 18650 tubes? I think the little 350 looks cute, but with these giant meathooks, I just don't think it is practical, plus the sucky battery life of 700Mah. Input?

Last edited:

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
If your hands are that large - I doubt you would find the 18350 to your liking. Yes the battery life of a 18350 w/genisis atty doesnt last long - at least not for me and I use AW's. Actually the 18490 batts hit harder than the 18350's IMO.

Lastly - the best battery of all for a 18650 - is the MNKE IMR batts. Trust me on this M - you will thank me

Checkout post 38 - here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/329364-batteries-4.html

Break one nine for LongHaul. How bout ya LongHaul, copy?

Buddy, I initiated my order with one each of the 350,500 and 650 tubes. Added another 650 for finish variety. Then I saw the measurements of the finished assemblies on Pedro's site. That 350, fully assembled is 69mm long. I measure the width of my middle 3 fingers (I have monster big hands. Not fat, just SPANNED. XXL gloves) and those three fingers are 75mm. Realized that the 350 with an atty could only be held by two fingers, pinky for trigger. So I cancelled my 350 and 500, and instead I'm just getting 3 650 tubes, each finish except shiny SS. Then I looked through the old spreadsheet and the new, and see you have MANY orders, and all but one are 650 tubes only. Obviously, you're using your first orders, and still ordering just 650's for the most part. I assume you must be very happy with just those tubes.

I'm getting two sets of bottoms and tops, and I'll put a 500+kick in one for my RBA, but a 650 batt in one for just a drip atty or Gryphon (Thanks Dspin!) to enjoy the long battery life.

I'm wondering, are you happy with pretty much all 18650 tubes? I think the little 350 looks cute, but with these giant meathooks, I just don't think it is practical, plus the sucky battery life of 700Mah. Input?

Last edited:

Moueix

Moved On
Aug 20, 2012
Michigan and Iowa
If your hands are that large - I doubt you would find the 18350 to your liking. Yes the battery life of a 18350 w/genisis atty doesnt last long - at least not for me and I use AW's. Actually the 18490 batts hit harder than the 18350's IMO.

Lastly - the best battery of all for a 18650 - is the MNKE IMR batts. Trust me on this M - you will thank me

Checkout post 38 - here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/329364-batteries-4.html

AWESOME Dspin! Good post, I'll definitely be finding some of the MNKE's! I ran across the size thread on Pedro's site, and found a fat Bic marker 22mm, and marked off the 69mm length. Definitely NOT going to work for me. I can't get 3 fingers in that little space. Dropped the 4 tubes I had ordered, and I'm liking the 3 finishes of 18650 to choose from. Ko4ik is an awfully patient guy, thank goodness.

Do you know when Pedro might open up that Damascene list?

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Hello to all the other sailors out there. Figured I would post up a really crappy pick of my fleet. Hopefully I can take some better pics later.
I'm now impatiently waiting for the Zodiac series and genesis atomizer.

Great collection you have going there benz - I do know the Zodiac went up for pre-order today

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
AWESOME Dspin! Good post, I'll definitely be finding some of the MNKE's! I ran across the size thread on Pedro's site, and found a fat Bic marker 22mm, and marked off the 69mm length. Definitely NOT going to work for me. I can't get 3 fingers in that little space. Dropped the 4 tubes I had ordered, and I'm liking the 3 finishes of 18650 to choose from. Ko4ik is an awfully patient guy, thank goodness.

Do you know when Pedro might open up that Damascene list?

No, dont know about damascene - MNKE at RTD Vapor or Avid Vaper. Ahlusion was selling them, but were out of stock a couple weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread