Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
4B3D8841-2C7B-4129-8FC2-FE2DDC4A9D34.jpeg
Bronze relic and green.

This is what I should be getting TOMORROW :banana:!!

Is it the same one as yours??

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
As someone who hobby crafted fine exotic woods for over 50 years I have been more a fan of solid wood mods with hand rubbed natural finishes than dyed stab wood panels or mods. Caring for mine was simply keeping them clean with an occasional application of Howard Sun Shield wood conditioner and protectant.

Will post thumbnail pics, click to enlarge.

So I only have one 'stabwoody', an Athena Pride dna 75 bought when you got what they sent you sight unseen. Plain Jane's wood is next to nothing compared to the one(s) they used for all of their sales ads. My preferred top gear for this desk brick has been either a Geek Vape Avocado 24 RDTA or VV Mesh rda.
athenapridedna75.jpg az.jpg

The rest of my wood mods are all Reo Woodvil's... I bought 11 of them but no longer use them (5 Reo P67's retired all of my other 30 Reos). Have old pictures of nine of them (lost those of two other 18490's in a computer crash that I no longer have for new pics).

A pair of early 18650 Woodvil's, both running 2013 Vicious Ant Cyclones. Jatoba on the left & Walnut w/Wenge door on the right.
2wood.jpg

A pair of Woodvil 14500's (c. 2013/2014). Bubinga w/RM3 & Walnut/Birdseye Maple door w/IGO-S.
3wood14500.jpg

Woodvil 18490 (c. 2011) that I call Calamity Jane as I am something like the 5th owner of this Shady Lady that has a slightly warped personality from not being stabilized thoroughly when made. Maple Burl with a brass RM2 that was custom turned down by the ReoMeister to match her small catch cup.
4wood-calamityjane.jpg

The last Woodvil's made by ReoMeister Robert O'Neal went on sale May 23, 2015. They are a flat top with no catch cup that allows using larger atomizers. Eventually they ran 4 of my 8 Nuppin's w/custom Syner DT's.

#253 is Quilted Maple w/V2 Naval Brass Nuppin' and DT.
5wood-253.jpg

#320 is Zebra Wood with Birdseye door, V2 Navel Brass Nuppin'/DT that was changed to with a copper AFC sleeve.
6wood-320.jpg

#271 is Quartersawn White Oak, SS V1 Nuppin' w/brass AFC & DT.
7wood271.jpg

#177 is Jatoba w/Ebony door, Black V2 Nuppin' and DT.
8wood177.jpg

All four together...
9woodx44s.jpg

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
View attachment 798035

This is what I should be getting TOMORROW :banana:!!

Is it the same one as yours??
Yep!!! Mine ought to be here Monday I think. Any ideas for a tank for that? For now, I have a black Solomon v2, it has a gold af ring, not too matchy but close enough. But I’d really love something perfect.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Yep!!! Mine ought to be here Monday I think. Any ideas for a tank for that? For now, I have a black Solomon v2, it has a gold af ring, not too matchy but close enough. But I’d really love something perfect.

Hmmmmmm good question. I hadn’t given it much thought now I’ll have to lol! I guess I’ll go with black. Not sure what else will go with that faceplate. If you find something let me know.

It’s VERY funny how much we like the same type of mods!!!

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Hmmmmmm good question. I hadn’t given it much thought now I’ll have to lol! I guess I’ll go with black. Not sure what else will go with that faceplate. If you find something let me know.

It’s VERY funny how much we like the same type of mods!!!
Great minds think alike!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
As someone who hobby crafted fine exotic woods for over 50 years I have been more a fan of solid wood mods with hand rubbed natural finishes than dyed stab wood panels or mods. Caring for mine was simply keeping them clean with an occasional application of Howard Sun Shield wood conditioner and protectant.

Will post thumbnail pics, click to enlarge.

So I only have one 'stabwoody', an Athena Pride DNA 75 bought when you got what they sent you sight unseen. Plain Jane's wood is next to nothing compared to the one(s) they used for all of their sales ads. My preferred top gear for this desk brick has been either a Geek Vape Avocado 24 RDTA or VV Mesh RDA.
View attachment 798025 View attachment 798027

The rest of my wood mods are all Reo Woodvil's... I bought 11 of them but no longer use them (5 Reo P67's retired all of my other 30 Reos). Have old pictures of nine of them (lost those of two other 18490's in a computer crash that I no longer have for new pics).

A pair of early 18650 Woodvil's, both running 2013 Vicious Ant Cyclones. Jatoba on the left & Walnut w/Wenge door on the right.
View attachment 798029

A pair of Woodvil 14500's (c. 2013/2014). Bubinga w/RM3 & Walnut/Birdseye Maple door w/IGO-S.
View attachment 798031

Woodvil 18490 (c. 2011) that I call Calamity Jane as I am something like the 5th owner of this Shady Lady that has a slightly warped personality from not being stabilized thoroughly when made. Maple Burl with a brass RM2 that was custom turned down by the ReoMeister to match her small catch cup.
View attachment 798033

The last Woodvil's made by ReoMeister Robert O'Neal went on sale May 23, 2015. They are a flat top with no catch cup that allows using larger atomizers. Eventually they ran 4 of my 8 Nuppin's w/custom Syner DT's.

#253 is Quilted Maple w/V2 Naval Brass Nuppin' and DT.
View attachment 798039

#320 is Zebra Wood with Birdseye door, V2 Navel Brass Nuppin'/DT that was changed to with a copper AFC sleeve.
View attachment 798041

#271 is Quartersawn White Oak, SS V1 Nuppin' w/brass AFC & DT.
View attachment 798043

#177 is Jatoba w/Ebony door, Black V2 Nuppin' and DT.
View attachment 798045

All four together...
View attachment 798047

Thanks for sharing! You have some very beautiful wood mods there!

• Agree
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

Are you getting excited or just feeling wary about the arrival of your new mod? You said you were expecting it Monday. Is there mail delivery tomorrow? I think it’s Presidents Day but I’m not sure if the mail is cancelled.

I woulda thunk Asmodus would’ve sent your Lustro by 2 Day Priority Mail for all the aggravation they’ve caused you.

Customer service has been really good but they need to step it up in QC and the fulfillment department.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Are you getting excited or just feeling wary about the arrival of your new mod? You said you were expecting it Monday. Is there mail delivery tomorrow? I think it’s Presidents Day but I’m not sure if the mail is cancelled.

I woulda thunk Asmodus would’ve sent your Lustro by 2 Day Priority Mail for all the aggravation they’ve caused you.

Customer service has been really good but they need to step it up in QC and the fulfillment department.

Oh, I forgot all about President’s day. Yep no mail. They sent the last one 2 day priority, but they only received it back Friday afternoon. I’m not too fussed about if I get it Tuesday or later, really, as long as it gets here and works.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Oh, I forgot all about President’s day. Yep no mail. They sent the last one 2 day priority, but they only received it back Friday afternoon. I’m not too fussed about if I get it Tuesday or later, really, as long as it gets here and works.

Oh yeah that’s right I forgot they were waiting for the return. That’s what happened on my last return too.

Oh well something to look forward to on Tuesday then!!!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
How are you lot paying your mortgages? Man, even I have my limits. The Purple Dani stabwood is what got me to swear off them forever, like, as in the name. STAB WOOD. LOL..

I may pick one up for you for cheap like, as you gather your possessions in a brown paper bag. No, I won't because I would drop it. Immediately. And I am sure you are all doing fine with your finances. LOL.

But yea, awesome thread some of these mods are like incredible.

Anna

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
How are you lot paying your mortgages? Man, even I have my limits. The Purple Dani stabwood is what got me to swear off them forever, like, as in the name. STAB WOOD. LOL..

I may pick one up for you for cheap like, as you gather your possessions in a brown paper bag. No, I won't because I would drop it. Immediately. And I am sure you are all doing fine with your finances. LOL.

But yea, awesome thread some of these mods are like incredible.

Anna
I can’t speak for anyone else, but my house is paid off and my car is 17 so no payments in that for 14 years. Otherwise no way could I get my shine on lol. But still, that Danibox is out of my league unless I find me a rich boyfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread