Show Off Your Stabwoods Thread

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Well things like that don't do well with environmental changes, and so jealous that you have AC. Hopefully though your flare up subsides soon.

Recently heard from my Dr's after an MRI scan and it's not looking great, I've now to see an Orthopaedic surgeon. So not looking forward to that and not happy.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Well things like that don't do well with environmental changes, and so jealous that you have AC. Hopefully though your flare up subsides soon.

Recently heard from my Dr's after an MRI scan and it's not looking great, I've now to see an Orthopaedic surgeon. So not looking forward to that and not happy.

I’m so sorry to hear about that! Are you see a neurologist as well? Seem to be helping me the most especially with the pain levels.

Are you in the Boston area? Some great doctors in this area. Good luck. PM anytime if you want to.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Thank you very much @Fidola13, unfortunately I'm UK based. And no Neurologist yet, but hopefully.

Thorasic MRI scan showed degenerative loss of disk signal throughout cervical spine (no compression, some neurological issue?), osteophytic stenosis of C5 and C6 root intervertebral foramina (bone growths, spurs impinging nerve roots) and moderate to severe cervical facet arthropathy (damage to the facets which can be caused by spondyloarthropathy or some other inflammatory condition, so very probably some autoimmune issue).

Only scans have shown an issue, blood tests and the likes haven't shown anything wrong. Worst thing is that I've been telling Dr's for years and now at 42 (birthday recently) are they actually noticing something.

Anyway my apologies for officially too much information. And of course if you want to contact me for any reason whatsoever @Fidola13, please feel free to do so.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Thank you very much @Fidola13, unfortunately I'm UK based. And no Neurologist yet, but hopefully.

Thorasic MRI scan showed degenerative loss of disk signal throughout cervical spine (no compression, some neurological issue?), osteophytic stenosis of C5 and C6 root intervertebral foramina (bone growths, spurs impinging nerve roots) and moderate to severe cervical facet arthropathy (damage to the facets which can be caused by spondyloarthropathy or some other inflammatory condition, so very probably some autoimmune issue).

Only scans have shown an issue, blood tests and the likes haven't shown anything wrong. Worst thing is that I've been telling Dr's for years and now at 42 (birthday recently) are they actually noticing something.

Anyway my apologies for officially too much information. And of course if you want to contact me for any reason whatsoever @Fidola13, please feel free to do so.

I wish you well @Mordacai :)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Many thanks @Daniel Forsyth, if it wasn't for the community and Nicotine I think that I would have lost what little semblance of sanity I have left.

Because it's nice to login every once in a while, have some decent discourse and even help folks out once in a while. It helps take the mind off things.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio

I’m sorry you’re going through all this. It’s incredibly frustrating when doctors dismiss your symptoms. For years, they did that to me, treated me like a hypochondriac or insisted I was depressed and prescribed antidepressants.

Finally I said to my last neurologist, I guess you’re just afraid to run the MRIs because they’ll show I’m right and you’re wrong. It’s not like it’ll cost you anything, so I can’t see any other reason for you to balk.

That got him right in the ego. I got my MRIs and validation for my symptoms.

I’m sure I’ve been labeled difficult by all my doctors, but if you’re not a PIA sometimes you just can’t get anywhere with them.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @DeloresRose, at least I have validation somewhat now. So I can at least give my Dr's some serious heckling now. Because whatever it is, it isn't just Fibromyalgia!

Chronic severe pain is not fun.

I've seriously been considering using a chainsaw as a suppository with them, but do you go for petrol/gas or electric? And if electric, would they let me use a socket?

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    @DeloresRose, at least I have validation somewhat now. So I can at least give my Dr's some serious heckling now. Because whatever it is, it isn't just Fibromyalgia!

Chronic severe pain is not fun.

I've seriously been considering using a chainsaw as a suppository with them, but do you go for petrol/gas or electric? And if electric, would they let me use a socket?

I always go with electric. I can’t pull start to save my life.

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 8, 2014
    Florida
    IMG_20190623_182932464.jpg

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Mordacai
    I really hope they get it sorted soon for you, keep the faith brother.

Wherabouts in the UK? I used to live in Newhaven, East Sussex, before moving to the States, my Mom still lives there. We are actually visiting next year, hope it's not quite as hot next year, we love getting away from the Georgia Heat for a few weeks. I am toying with idea of buying her a stand alone AC Unit!

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @Georgia Boy, Stoke-On-Trent is the nearest largest blip on a map near me.

The place that used to make pottery such as Wedgwood, Spode and Royal Doulton. And it runs on Oatcakes.

And, yes. AC for your Ma sounds like a good idea, as the UK is drastically unprepared for heatwaves. If I had the money to buy my own place, I'd look into Geothermal Cooling. Not cheap to setup, but ridiculously cheap to run if used with low voltage pumps and some form of renewable energy (solar, wind and or water) with a battery bank.

Reactions: stols001

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

So sorry to hear about your health issues!!!! Hope you’re feeling a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread