Show Off Your Stabwoods Thread

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
So gorgeous! I love mine, and sometimes I think I spent too much... but I know for a fact I’d have regretted not getting 100x as much.

I sometimes feel the same way but then I look at the mods and just get a real enjoyment from them.

I often will defend it to myself by saying I have no other hobbies or travel or go to the theater or out to dinner so it all evens out. Which it really does but I shouldn’t have to feel badly I like them bottom line.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
I sometimes feel the same way but then I look at the mods and just get a real enjoyment from them.

I often will defend it to myself by saying I have no other hobbies or travel or go to the theater or out to dinner so it all evens out. Which it really does but I shouldn’t have to feel badly I like them bottom line.

compared to 50 grams of tobacco a day, for me. My mod pictured above is about 6 days smoking :thumb:

Screenshot_2020-01-25_06-32-27.png

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Check the beginning of the thread for different products to use to achieve particular results you may want.

The unfinished wood is the reason it sells so cheaply when compared to other stabwood mods. And it’s the reason that the 1st several pages go into detail as to how to polish it or put a clear coat finish on it ourselves.

It’s not like Asmodus doesn’t know how to do a beautiful finish. I have the Minikin Boost Kodama and Silvanusa who’s finishes are just as gorgeous as a vicious ants or some other custom mod.

I guess they wanted to keep the price low on these models and the real expense is the hours upon hours of sanding then applying layer after layers of clear coat.

Here are the high end Asmodus with beautiful finishes:

View attachment 865469 View attachment 865471

View attachment 865473 View attachment 865475
I have the one in the middle with the ultroner logo instead of the asmodus. The mod cracked and I would like to repair it because its a reliable 26650 mod. Have had it for years and it always fires and turns on, even after being dropped a few times in my sleep...
51bcb91d2d0d151e94d0003790cafc01.jpg
a3b0a2534e56f954c74d7ea784b66359.jpg
4f74f027898fd1ed7c832fe3b90c9fa8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I have the one in the middle with the ultroner logo instead of the asmodus. The mod cracked and I would like to repair it because its a reliable 26650 mod. Have had it for years and it always fires and turns on, even after being dropped a few times in my sleep...
51bcb91d2d0d151e94d0003790cafc01.jpg
a3b0a2534e56f954c74d7ea784b66359.jpg
4f74f027898fd1ed7c832fe3b90c9fa8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

oh I’d be devastated if I dropped one of my stabwoods especially the more expensive ones like yours.

I do use them in my rotation every day but they never leave the house. I won’t even bring them on my yard where there’s a concrete patio.

I wonder if some wood fill would work. Unless your good at woodworking maybe there’s a local wood restorer in your area that can fix that crack so it doesn’t get bigger.

Which model is that? Minikin Boost Kodama Or Silvanusa?

Reactions: DeloresRose

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
From what I know about stabilized wood you shouldn't have to worry about the cracks opening up. It's moisture that causes cracks to open up and the wood is sealed against moisture.
Stabilized wood is not sealed against moisture.The process only injects resin into the mold filling large voids in the wood.The wood itself is still porous and should be oiled and sealed for protection.

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Stabilized wood is not sealed against moisture.The process only injects resin into the mold filling large voids in the wood.The wood itself is still porous and should be oiled and sealed for protection.

It does depend on which mod you get. Some stabwood mods come already oiled and sealed for extra protection and extra prettiness:)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Gorgeous! Just need a quick polish for a bit of shiny to bring out those purple!!! Check out the beginning of this thread for different methods of getting that.

It Definitely doesn't need a polish of any kindo_O
    Maybe a picture with a bit more light and a better camera but no polishing that's for sure:D

My Lustro Wood is Very Shiny:cool:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    It Definitely doesn't need a polish of any kindo_O
    Maybe a picture with a bit more light and a better camera but no polishing that's for sure:D

My Lustro Wood is Very Shiny:cool:

lol!!! Take a pic in some sunlight that usually shows the shine better. You probably already know that a quick wipe down w mineral oil occasionally or Howard’s Feed & Wax keep the wood in good condition. If you already know this ignore me lol! But it could help a new stabwood owner.

The purple has such depth to it. It’s really beautiful.

I’m still looking for another EOS 2 but I can’t find any except at stabwood mods U.K. but they’re the same colors I already have. I’d like to find a blue one. Maybe I’ll post a want in classies!!

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    lol!!! Take a pic in some sunlight that usually shows the shine better. You probably already know that a quick wipe down w mineral oil occasionally or Howard’s Feed & Wax keep the wood in good condition. If you already know this ignore me lol! But it could help a new stabwood owner.

I’m still looking for another EOS 2 but I can’t find any except at stabwood mods U.K. but they’re the same colors I already have. I’d like to find a blue one. Maybe I’ll post a want in classies!!

lol!!! Good tip for new stabwood owners there:D
    I already have quite a few though so I'm not a new stabwood owner and don't need any tips, thanks for trying anyway:)
    Feel free to come over to Australia and you can see the Shiny on my Luscious Lustro:rolleyes:

Good luck finding yourself another EOS 2!!

Anise

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA

I just recently got a luna, an Orion and 3 other vapes that are supposed to be stabwood. Your tip helped me a lot as a first time stabwood owner.
    I'm curious though. Would it hurt my three questionable vapes to treat them even if it turns out they aren't stabwood? I'm going on the assumption that if they advertised as stabwood then they are stabwood so I figure I should treat them just in case.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I just recently got a luna, an Orion and 3 other vapes that are supposed to be stabwood. Your tip helped me a lot as a first time stabwood owner.
    I'm curious though. Would it hurt my three questionable vapes to treat them even if it turns out they aren't stabwood? I'm going on the assumption that if they advertised as stabwood then they are stabwood so I figure I should treat them just in case.

As long as they’re wood they should be treated with the same products.

Users who are viewing this thread