Show Off Your Stabwoods Thread

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
So I ordered an Asmodus Silvanusa that comes from the factory with a super shiny acrylic clear coat. This is unusual for Asmodus since all the ones I’ve seen usually come with a matte type or even dull finish.

Polishing a mod and then clear coating it is extremely time consuming as anyone who has been polishing one knows.

I’m still working on 2 of my mods. They will never get that deep almost thick plastic layer look though as one done from the factory.

It is a matter of personal preference as well. The green EOS II looks awesome just as it is with the matte finish and I have no intention of buffing/polishing it except to clean and maintain the wood.

The other EOS II which is blue is just screaming to have a gloss finish to it. I’ve been working on it on and off for almost a month. It’s really starting to pop.

I may “experiment” with a water based poly finish on it when I think it’s been polished as much as I can do. There are other gloss finishes out there that may work too but I’m not experienced to attempt anything that might damage it.

I might even find a wood finisher that works on musical instruments etc to see what they suggest or can offer.

All kinds of fun ways to get the look you want from your stabwood mods without having to pay $600 and up if that’s your “thing” .

I was making close to 6 digits when I got ill and would’ve paid that amount of money no problem on a beautifully crafted piece of art that doubles as a vape mod lol!

A gloss resin will do the job and put a mirror finish on it :)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
A gloss resin will do the job and put a mirror finish on it :)

That’s what I was thinking too. so I bought a small can of something- I can’t remember exactly rn and I’m too lazy to go look! I just hope I don’t screw it up.

• Agree
Reactions: charlie1465

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
That’s the spirit!

This was last week...

FBA76C75-E9A2-47DB-8C2C-92185B6D2286.jpeg

This was yesterday...

C8030DD1-6E6A-4777-8E17-D4BC83DD1761.jpeg

I don’t make six figures but I earn a comfortable living and other than my house carry no debt. I also have a little side job that pretty much pays for my mod lust. To me hunting down “the” block and seeing it transformed by a master is as enjoyable as actually vaping it. That’s my guilty pleasure.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
This was last week...

View attachment 807061

This was yesterday...

View attachment 807063

I don’t make six figures but I earn a comfortable living and other than my house carry no debt. I also have a little side job that pretty much pays for my mod lust. To me hunting down “the” block and seeing it transformed by a master is as enjoyable as actually vaping it. That’s my guilty pleasure.

Absolutely nothing guilty about that!

It really is amazing to see a block of wood turn into a thing of beauty!

I’m looking into custom mods atm. Which mod maker is doing this for you? Every time I think I’ve narrowed it down something else pops up!

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Absolutely nothing guilty about that!

It really is amazing to see a block of wood turn into a thing of beauty!

I’m looking into custom mods atm. Which mod maker is doing this for you? Every time I think I’ve narrowed it down something else pops up!

Are you on FB? Meraki Creations. Konal Hall is the modders name.

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Are you on FB? Meraki Mods. Konal Hall is the modders name.

I am but I don’t think I’m with that group. I’ll check them out. Ive been looking at a Blackrose Evo model but haven’t pulled the trigger. He’s asking quite a bit more than a few others for a simple design.
Thanks

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
That’s what I was thinking too. so I bought a small can of something- I can’t remember exactly rn and I’m too lazy to go look! I just hope I don’t screw it up.

Best thing to do is to take it appart if you can and if not just mask it really well. A good idea would be to use a mech mod polishing jig, or even an old cartomiser to clamp it off any surface. Use a vice or a G clamp. Easier to concentrate on applying the resin then....you only have a limited time :)

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I am but I don’t think I’m with that group. I’ll check them out. Ive been looking at a Blackrose Evo model but haven’t pulled the trigger. He’s asking quite a bit more than a few others for a simple design.
Thanks

I was a zombie last night :|

actual name of the group is Meraki Creations.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
At one time having mods made from some of the woods that I have was high on the list. Even had some lined up to be done, but those on the other end never followed thru.

Some examples of some of the woods from another hobby I no longer do...

I wanted to use these as panels in a couple of matching ebony wood mods...
doorwood3.jpg

This collage includes some of the larger slabs/blocks that from each a bunch of mods could be made from.
spywoodxl.jpg

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
At one time having mods made from some of the woods that I have was high on the list. Even had some lined up to be done, but those on the other end never followed thru.

Some examples of some of the woods from another hobby I no longer do...

I wanted to use these as panels in a couple of matching ebony wood mods...
View attachment 807191
This collage includes some of the larger slabs/blocks that from each a bunch of mods could be made from.
View attachment 807193

0DF1DE77-5DAD-41DB-B11E-D206067BF386.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread