Sick, Sick SICK of cartos/clearos/tanks/Ce2s etc etc etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I've come to the conclusion that it isn't very likely I'll buy anything that isn't a top or bottom feeder again.

My REO mini was probably the best vaping money I ever spent and I'm very much looking forward to the VV REO. I'm still debating with myself about buying a VV Woodville which should be for sale any day now or waiting for the metal VV REO Grands that should be coming in maybe a few weeks.

I have a notcigs VVPV and it is a real treat to use. I've been using it pretty much exclusively for a little over a week. There were a couple of bumps in the road at the original release date, but I'm confident notcigs has it all sorted out (just judging by this beautiful mod I'm vaping right this minute - it's almost too nice). The VVPV was on the expensive side, but it was worth every penny.

I have a couple of plastic bottom feeders (one is broken - but I'm gifting that to someone who wants to fix it) and they've been really nice to use too. Though plastic mods aren't durable enough for my work and play, I'm really happy that I bought them.

Feeders are the best possible thing currently available to reduce the hassle and to provide consistency.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Has anyone tried the Boge Revolution V2.1 ? I'm interested but I would like to know if they are as good as they seem. I know the battery is not replaceable but the price makes them seem reasonable to replace and I would love the 10ml bottle and the charge while vaping features. If they could avoid all the problems stated by mAdHattress then I would be interested.

Paradox28

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Richmond, KY
I've come to the conclusion that it isn't very likely I'll buy anything that isn't a top or bottom feeder again.

My REO mini was probably the best vaping money I ever spent and I'm very much looking forward to the VV REO. I'm still debating with myself about buying a VV Woodville which should be for sale any day now or waiting for the metal VV REO Grands that should be coming in maybe a few weeks.

I have a notcigs VVPV and it is a real treat to use. I've been using it pretty much exclusively for a little over a week. There were a couple of bumps in the road at the original release date, but I'm confident notcigs has it all sorted out (just judging by this beautiful mod I'm vaping right this minute - it's almost too nice). The VVPV was on the expensive side, but it was worth every penny.

I have a couple of plastic bottom feeders (one is broken - but I'm gifting that to someone who wants to fix it) and they've been really nice to use too. Though plastic mods aren't durable enough for my work and play, I'm really happy that I bought them.

Feeders are the best possible thing currently available to reduce the hassle and to provide consistency.

Do you have to use an atty on the VVPV or can you use cartomizers, too?

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Who has a bottom feeder? What do you love about them?

I was also tired to death of constant filling etc. About a month ago I bought a Vmod XL and I'm loving it. Fill up your bottle, put in a fresh battery and carto, and vape away for days until you change out your battery. The juice and carto lasts me for ages. My Lil Mama tank on my Provari is also very much hassle free. I almost didn't even bother to try it as I had leaking with other tanks if the mod lay on it's side. Not so with Lil Mama! fill up and vape for weeks, and no leaking or flooding at all (even if lying flat)!
jud2sn.jpg

2cy2t1s.jpg

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I actually would be interested in a repairable atty but, you can't bottom feed them and they are hard to get not to mention expensive. I don't like vaping with filler. So, I use attys. Below are pics of what I use just about every day. The thing about a bottom feeder or a top feeder is that how well they work depends on how well you are able to get the right amount of juice into the atty. If you get a dry hit, it's your fault. It's not a totally trouble free solution.

Left Reo mini, 1.8 ohm 901 atomizer. Right Buzz Pro, 2.5 ohm 901 atomizer with DOD.

My_PVs.jpg

rusalka

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
USA
pay attention to the co-ops in the next couple of months. the "BFG" will be run in there. it is called the bottom fed genesis. I see it going for around 50-75 dollars depending on the number of people in the co-op.

Trust me you will want this one. it will have liquid control as well as air control. The unit is being designed by scubabatdan. I hope he doesn't get upset with me for this info.

edit: As far as the "cost," well the replacement for the coil is pennies versus a dollar for a carto, or $3-7 for an atty.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
pay attention to the co-ops in the next couple of months. the "BFG" will be run in there. it is called the bottom fed genesis. I see it going for around 50-75 dollars depending on the number of people in the co-op.

Trust me you will want this one. it will have liquid control as well as air control. The unit is being designed by scubabatdan. I hope he doesn't get upset with me for this info.

edit: As far as the "cost," well the replacement for the coil is pennies versus a dollar for a carto, or $3-7 for an atty.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. The availability is more of a problem than the cost.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX

Bluesman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
PA USA
Okay, mAdHattress, have you made your list of all recommendations? Get out your credit card and start buying. No, wait! I'm just kidding.

I'm just saying that everyone has there own opinion. There are drawbacks to using any of these products. One goes with the drawbacks they find least annoying to tolerate. At least for now. Then we find something else which is less annoying to us and on and on.

I don't know what annoying feature you will find you can tolerate, but I do hope you find it. I have not found mine, but I'll keep looking.

Lacedolphin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2012
Harrodsburg,Ky.
I went through the same thing until I got my first bottom feeder and 306 LR atty! No dry hits, no leaking, no needles, no mess. If I decide I want to change flavors I just drip a couple drops in the tip and about 8 hits later I can add more or squawk the bottle and I'm back to the previous juice. I have 3 main juices and a ton of sample sized bottles so I can add,change, or mix whenever I feel like it. I'll never go back to tanks or cartos, I can put in a fresh 18350 and fill my bottle and I'm ready to go for hours! I carry 1 spare battery because I'm a heavy vapor, but that's all. A 6 ml bottle lasts me all day. It is as close as I have found to being the most reliable, least messy vape I have found yet.

KevNewEngland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Attleboro, Massachusetts
wkevin.com
Have you considered clearomizers? The eGo Vision/Stardust or the Vision Xpressomizer/Extreme are pretty much trouble free. No filler, you can empty the juice out of a dead clearo (if/when they die).
Excellent suggestion. I was getting tired of constantly topping off my cartridge, (I hate cartos) then I discovered the Vision Extreme Clearomizers. I am now in heaven. They are pretty much trouble free and reliable. I get mine at Liberty Flights. I know GotVapes has them as well.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I feel ur pain, I use LR dc cartos, just the basic 1.2 ml and find they last about an hr before needing topped off. It does get frustrating. I have also tried the monster 5 ml cartos, but found them very expensive and the vape too airy for my taste. Right now my fav is the xxl clear carto they sell at vaping zone. Big enough to hold more juice then a reg carto, but still small enought to give a good warm vape. Plus these are cheaper than the smok tech brand which are hard to find for less than $3. These last a good while before needing refilled, and it nice u can see how much juice u have. Vaping zone also has the best prices I have found for these.

I am also starting to try to get into tanks, tho I will admit its a slippery slope and I have not perfected it yet. Let me know if u find something that works for u.

Btw I have tried ce2,3,4 and most of the others, and they were a fail for me as well. Good luck, hang in there!!

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
*ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHH!!!*:evil:I am SO TIRED of feeling flustered over trying to get a good CONSISTANT vape. Either Im wasting juice filling and REFILLING cartomizers, alternating between dry burnt hits :blink: and flooding on the clearos, leaking carto tanks, juice spilling all over everything....yadda yadda yadda. There has GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!!!!!

**(PAUSE FOR DEEP BREATH/DRAMATIC EFFECT.)**

Had to vent. I feel better now.:oops:

Ok....The question is: Whats out there that I dont have to use a carto for? Any -->durable<---- mods? Suggestions?

No they all suck...IMO...... Thats why I only Direct Dip on a Atomizer... Best taste, best performance.....

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Do you have to use an atty on the VVPV or can you use cartomizers, too?

You can use cartos on it if you want to. Each time you press the button, it drips two drops of juice to the top of the atty or carto, so the method for keeping a carto wet might be a bit differnet than an atty - I suppose one would just vape for a while and then give it several pumps and then let it rest for a little while to soak in rather than just one or two pumps.

Grab some 3.0 Standard resistance stainless steel boge cartomizers, and a Lil' Mama tank by big daddy vapor. Alot of other 510 carto tanks either gurgle bubble or leak, but if you check out www.bigdaddyvapor.com 's tanks, they have great tanks that will never leak, gurgle, and always has a consistent non-stop vape. They also have a nice new unique tank tool called the Slap Yo Mama. It can be used on any tank. But I definitely suggest their tank on a mini Provari.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?f30xgd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread