sig. Others ( in my case a husband)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
My dh ( dear husband) still smokes regular Ole' cig's . He does not nec. consider me an ex -smoker ( much to my chagrin) I am trying SUPER hard not to be an obnoxiuos "X" smoker ( they still annoy me) but I have to admitt that the smell is starting to register and be less than pleasdnt. I am wondering if anyone else has these issues and what they have done/do inregards to them.

I really like my new silver bullet (which is white ..and shiny!! ) and he thinks I'm nuts. I do believe he's happy I'm not smokinh reg ole smokers but still there is something distanceing when ones not going into the e-cig world with (the other person ) .. know what I mean?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hahaha. Great idea.

BTW does your husband get along well with gadgets and stuff or is he a technophobe? Some people are intimidated by gadgets. Also he may be as scared of ecigs as I was of Chantix and nicotine gum - I was sure no matter what I tried I would still get cravings and and then fail, so I didn't even try. He may think he would be giving up something by vaping or would not be comfortable using a gadget in public. No way to know.

Last edited:

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
Hahaha. Great idea.

BTW does your husband get along well with gadgets and stuff or is he a technophobe? Some people are intimidated by gadgets. Also he may be as scared of ecigs as I was of Chantix and nicotine gum - I was sure no matter what I tried I would still get cravings and and then fail, so I didn't even try. He may think he would be giving something by vaping or would not be comfortable using a gadget in public. No way to know.

truthfully , I *think/believe* he see's the e-cig as something "girly" , Not sure why.. and certainly nor sure how to get him past the misconception. I know his issue w/the green smokes was that he couldnt hang it from his mouth like an ano but the SB certainly is not going to improve that <lol> not sure what to do and would like my dh to feel healthier w/me. ,

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
It's always tough when you try to quit smoking with any method and a spouse doesn't try to quit with you. I say if you can, "play to his strengths". Find out what does it for him to take the e-cig as seriously as a tobacco cig and duplicate that for him with an e-cig. Does he like tons of nicotine? Big fluffy clouds? Tobacco or non sweet "girly" flavors? You can do all of these things with an e-cig.

Perhaps seeing how your health as a non smoker improves will help. Some folks just won't take it seriously until they HAVE to quit for health reasons. My wife and I made a pact that if I quit smoking she will lose weight ( she's a big gal and I only want her to lose enough so it's not hurting her health, I'm not asking her to become skinny). I have quit smoking she has not lost any weight yet, but I remind her about the pact and tell her to please do it for health reasons because I don't want to lose her early in life. Perhaps a tact like that may help him to try e-cigs with you.

The majority of vapers are men I believe and vaping is becoming more publicly widespread all the time. He will start to see more and more men vaping around him. All these things together could do it for him. Try to be patient and saying a prayer now and then cannot hurt either. Best wishes for you and your family.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...is he a sports fan...NASCAR...fishing/hunting...off roading/cars...get something as simple as a box mod or even another SB and bling it up with stuff that is in his interest(stickers are cheap)...leave it laying around, don't push it at him and maybe he will come around...if not, you can clean up the stickers and have another mod for yourself...I'm very glad, my Wife and step-daughter all started vaping along with me...made for a mutual support society.........
madjack:2cool:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Hmmm maybe get some ecig skins and make one batt look manly for him, like camo colors and leave that lay around- LOL Hard to say what will trip his trigger. Also some good tobacco flavors, Halo has some great flavors for tobacco he might light. If my hubby still smoked it would be tough to get him crossed over because he was a cold turkey quit guy and thinks I am weak needing a crutch like ecigs. But he is not complaining because at least I am not smoking anymore LOL bnrk

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
Hmmm maybe get some ecig skins and make one batt look manly for him, like camo colors and leave that lay around- LOL Hard to say what will trip his trigger. Also some good tobacco flavors, Halo has some great flavors for tobacco he might light. If my hubby still smoked it would be tough to get him crossed over because he was a cold turkey quit guy and thinks I am weak needing a crutch like ecigs. But he is not complaining because at least I am not smoking anymore LOL bnrk

Hmmmm...ya' know they do make camo tape for hunting applications. You've just given me a great idea for hunting season. Just wrap a little "Realtree" camo around me eGos. Thanks bnrkwest!!

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Hmmmm...ya' know they do make camo tape for hunting applications. You've just given me a great idea for hunting season. Just wrap a little "Realtree" camo around me eGos. Thanks bnrkwest!!

...just don't drop it...you'll never find it until you see a deer passby while vaping:plololol.......:2cool:

NoMoreMondays

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Indiana
My 2 cents: Leave him be. Tell him to feel free and try an e-cig, whenever he feels like it, but don't push it on him and don't have any expectations, hopes or whatever (that way you safe yourself from being disappointed or upset over absolutely nothing). Tell him where you keep the supplies and make sure he knows how to use them, but beyond that let him make his own choices.
Yikes, that sounds harsh! It's not meant to be. Here it is in a nutshell: If there's one thing worse than having to put up with the smell of analogs after a vaper quits smoking, it's the hypocrite that the smoker has to put up with.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
Hard to say what will attract him. I'm the last in my family to smoke, and nearly the last among my friends. My wife quit smoking 15 years ago to make it easier for me to quit but I went back to smoking within a few weeks. She's just glad I finally quit ROCs. I doubt she will be interested in vaping at this point.

I wonder if your OH sees eCigs as 'girly' because the only person he know who vapes is yourself. You might mention that a huge number of people that neither of you know personally (many ECF forum members) are vapers who do not feel particularly girly. I don't feel that way myself. You may have selected some fairly 'girly' battery colors that have influenced his opinion. Be sure he knows (maybe even get a few) that batteries come in 'guy' colors as well - even camo as some have said.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Maybe you can trick him into trying it by being confused and needing help. Like fill 2 cartomizers with flavors you think he would like. And then get upset because you didn't mark them and now you don't know which flavor is which. Ask him which he thinks is cherry tobacco and have one be cherry tobacco and one be cuban cigar.

Instead of cherry tobacco or cocoa tobacco or some other flavored tobacco

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread