Sigelei 150 Watt Mod Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
So I've watched several YouTube videos on the sigelei 150 Watt Box Mod and it seems like a pretty solid device and looks kinda cool too but I have one concern....does this mod actually throw the atomizer as much power as it says it does? In a couple of videos I watched the reviewer said that he has to run all his tanks at a higher wattage on the sigelei 150 than he would have to on many of his other devices. I tried looking up some tests for this device but couldn't find any so if anyone knows of any please let me know. The last thing I want to do is drop $100 on a device that doesn't perform top notch or at least how it says it performs in the specs.

Last edited:

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
Hello, I bought the 150 after watching a few vids from the standard bunch and I am really liking it. I run my drippers and my Atlantis no problems and it's pretty accurate to my 30w box. I wanted something higher for dripper where I am safe and can run 70-80 no problem. Battery life seems good and so far after a week it was a good box mod. The 100 has a sometimes sticky button, so skipped that and went up one.

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
Hello, I bought the 150 after watching a few vids from the standard bunch and I am really liking it. I run my drippers and my Atlantis no problems and it's pretty accurate to my 30w box. I wanted something higher for dripper where I am safe and can run 70-80 no problem. Battery life seems good and so far after a week it was a good box mod. The 100 has a sometimes sticky button, so skipped that and went up one.

Ok awesome, that's encouraging to hear. I know alot of people say its a great device which I'm sure it is but that just really bugs me that it may or may not be accurate.....maybe that one guy just didn't know what he was talking about or he had a defective device of something but I think I'll be picking one up still.

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
I grabbed a 100w plus instead, but similar device.
Not quite sure what he is referring to. From the reviews I have seen and the comments on the forums, the segelei are top notch.
My zmax mini has never given me issue.

Yeah I asked a few different vendors and they all say it has a 95% efficiency and I even looked up the YiHi chip it uses which also says it has a 95% efficiency but still I can see a test coming out with the mod vaping at 150 watts but really only giving out 110 watts or something.

CoilinTrouble

Jan 17, 2015
Lebanon, Indiana
Be careful getting any mods on ebay as u can sometimes wind up with either a clone or a refurbished one. Other than that though, and I say this all the time when asked about high wattage mods, but my Sigelei 150 far outclasses my IPV3 & my God Mod 180 in every way. And as far as not being accurate, I could toss my nautilus tank on my ProVari 2.5 and run it at the same wattage as my Sigelei 150 (12-14watts) and get identic performance. Again just make sure youre getting an authentic and youll be fine

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
Be careful getting any mods on ebay as u can sometimes wind up with either a clone or a refurbished one. Other than that though, and I say this all the time when asked about high wattage mods, but my Sigelei 150 far outclasses my IPV3 & my God Mod 180 in every way. And as far as not being accurate, I could toss my nautilus tank on my ProVari 2.5 and run it at the same wattage as my Sigelei 150 (12-14watts) and get identic performance. Again just make sure youre getting an authentic and youll be fine

Alright, I'll watch out for clones. Where did you buy yours from?

CoilinTrouble

Jan 17, 2015
Lebanon, Indiana
I'll be honest I bought mine from ebay third day they were out, so I cant knock ebay completely, but what I did was buy from A-someone state side and not a chinese distributor, and B-I put them through the ringer and I made them send me pictures of the serial number, then C-kept a record of the conversation with then telling me it was authentic so that way if there was ANY issue I could prove to ebay/paypal that I was deceived and could get my money back. Luckily though the vendor was upright, I got my Sigelei, registered it with Asmodus (who does all warranty work), and confirmed from Asmodus that it was authentic with the serial number. So I wont sit here and say IGNORE ebay, just be cautious about it. I guess Im also more .... retentive than most purchasers though...

Edit: One other fair warning, I also purchased mine on day 3 after release, so there wasnt exactly much time for clones to be released. Its been awhile now so its good to be as cautious as possible now, as theres more refurbished models and clones out now then a few months ago. But this is a problem with almost any mod nowadays...

Last edited:

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
I'll be honest I bought mine from ebay third day they were out, so I cant knock ebay completely, but what I did was buy from A-someone state side and not a chinese distributor, and B-I put them through the ringer and I made them send me pictures of the serial number, then C-kept a record of the conversation with then telling me it was authentic so that way if there was ANY issue I could prove to ebay/paypal that I was deceived and could get my money back. Luckily though the vendor was upright, I got my Sigelei, registered it with Asmodus (who does all warranty work), and confirmed from Asmodus that it was authentic with the serial number. So I wont sit here and say IGNORE ebay, just be cautious about it. I guess Im also more .... retentive than most purchasers though...

Edit: One other fair warning, I also purchased mine on day 3 after release, so there wasnt exactly much time for clones to be released. Its been awhile now so its good to be as cautious as possible now, as theres more refurbished models and clones out now then a few months ago. But this is a problem with almost any mod nowadays...

I understand completely, I'm quite the cautious buyer as well. I only found on on Ebay at the moment and it looks different from all the other ones Ive seen so far. I'll give you the link but check it out, it has venting on the side and all the buttons look like they are more indented than usual (might just be the angle though). Btw that's smart to register the serial number with Asmodus to confirm the authenticity, I'll defiantly be doing that.

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321689852950?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
It actually looks authentic, the buttons only look more indented in those pictures because it has the silicone sleeve on it, and the sleeves silver whereas I got a black one. Otherwise looks pretty good, just play it safe and youll be fine

But look at the 3rd picture, it doesn't have the sleeve on and the buttons still look more indented. I think this is a newer version or something.

CoilinTrouble

Jan 17, 2015
Lebanon, Indiana
Oh cool, so when its at 50, 100, and 150 watts its actually putting out those watts?

Yep. Mines accurate within +/- 0.15 watts, and over 100 watts that means its accurate within 0.15%...a completely livable fluctuation. Even if it was only at 10 watts, its lowest setting, thats still only a 1.5% margin of error. Its even a little more accurate than my IPV3.

And like JRohrer said, leagues above the Cloupor imho.

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
Yep. Mines accurate within +/- 0.15 watts, and over 100 watts that means its accurate within 0.15%...a completely livable fluctuation. Even if it was only at 10 watts, its lowest setting, thats still only a 1.5% margin of error. Its even a little more accurate than my IPV3.

And like JRohrer said, leagues above the Cloupor imho.

.15% or 15% over 100 watts? And wow I didn't know its better than all those other mods ha

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
0.15% lol i made sure i didnt typo that part but yeah imho its the best non american made mod out there and honestly it beats alotta my amurika made ones too. The Sig 150 is my go to mod when im home and driving its the reo grand w/ reomizer

Dang that's 100.15 watts when set to 100 watts!? Ha that's about as spot on as it gets! I'm defiately getting one. If you go back to that Ebay post don't you agree that It looks like a newer version or something? Because those buttons are defiately indented more than the other Sigelei 150s I've seen.

RBTXJuice

Moved On
Mar 8, 2015
CA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
I haven't heard of any problems from anyone so I'm assuming its a great device. The 100W+ is more than enough for me though :)

Yeah Im not too sceptical abut it anymore because some guys on here actually performed tests on it and they came back very accurate. And as far as power goes I dont think Ill be needing 150 watts anytime soon but its pretty much the same price and the 150 has a bunch of improvements from the 100plus.

CoilinTrouble

Jan 17, 2015
Lebanon, Indiana
Yeah Im not too sceptical abut it anymore because some guys on here actually performed tests on it and they came back very accurate. And as far as power goes I dont think Ill be needing 150 watts anytime soon but its pretty much the same price and the 150 has a bunch of improvements from the 100plus.

Yeah I rarely go above 90-110watts myself but its good to know its there if you need it, and the basic improvements of previous iterations make the 150 worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread