Sigelei 150W or Snow Wolf 200W? (wattage only comparison)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokin909

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2014
Milan to Minsk
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a dual 18650 VW device and have narrowed it down to these two. I'm after a reliable high wattage device with good battery life for my RDA builds that range from 0.3 - 0.7 ohms.

I'm keen on the sigelei as I've owned one before and can attest to their reliability. I know the Snow Wolf has TC but I'm not interested in that. I'm wondering how the two compare in terms of chip quality and accuracy

Are there any reviews out there that have measured their actual performance? I usually look to PBusard for this sort of info - but he doesn't seem keen on reviewing these high powered devices (as per his sigelei 100W review comments).

Anyone out there who has used either/both - or maybe some other suggestions?

Thanks you

Last edited:

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
I've had my sig for a while now and it's outstanding. I couldn't ask for more out of it. I'm taking a break from rda/rta and just using a super tank mini, .2 paralel dual coil at 75w. Battery life with 2 HE2's has been 2 to 3 days normal vaping and a solid 2 when I chain vape my atf juice. I know a few people that have the Snow Wolf some love it a couple sold theirs. Seems in wattage they're close in performance and I've heard mixed results for tc. I'm not going to mess with tc for another year maybe more still alot of head room for improvements although the DNA200 is tempting me at the moment.

Reactions: smokin909

serene.in.dallas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Sig 150's are notrious for being a bit underpowered. The snowwolf doesnt do true 200 watts, after 150 it fires in pulse width modulation. Why not look at the sig 150tc? Ignore the tc features and it uses a yihi chip that reads ohms to the hundreth, not the tenth like the original 150. Just food for thought.

smokin909

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2014
Milan to Minsk
Sig 150's are notrious for being a bit underpowered. The snowwolf doesnt do true 200 watts, after 150 it fires in pulse width modulation. Why not look at the sig 150tc? Ignore the tc features and it uses a yihi chip that reads ohms to the hundreth, not the tenth like the original 150. Just food for thought.

That's actually very good food for thought. Tbh, the only con for the regular Sig 150 that is almost a deal breaker for me is that it only reads to the tenth, but as TX Biker said, the amount of people who report they work and work well, day in and out is enough to keep me interested. I like that it's been proven to be a solid workhorse and I build on my ohm meter so I guess it's not that big of a deal. I'm a bit ocd maybe.

Snow Wolf pulsing after 150w is fine - I honestly don't expect to go over 100w, let alone 150w - I sort of viewed them both as 150w in that regard with the SW pulsing at 150w. As long it's accurate in delivering said wattage up to 150 watts and a reliable mod that won't bite the dust after three months, then I'm okay with that.

I haven't really thought about a DNA 200 - I'll have to go off and do some research.

I'm leaning towards the Sigelei 150w, but now I'm throwing the TC version into the mix. Tbh, if I could get some information about the regular Sigelei 150w chip's performance in wattage output and it was acceptable I'd buy it right now and see how the DNA 200 market pans out over the next few months.

EDIT: I believe the chip the standard Sigelei 150w is a YiHi SX330 v8.5 - Ruby Roo video shows the chip

Last edited:

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)
Just because the device offer temp control doesn't mean you have to use it. You can still use kanthal and wattage mode as normal. Personally I would go with a TC device and when you are ready to start messing with it. All you have to do is get the wire and start building. Personally I would go with the sig 150TC. The snow wolf seems gimmicky to me...

smokin909

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2014
Milan to Minsk
Here are the wattage charts results that Dirk Oberhaus measured. These are the wattage mode specs only. His TC results for the Snow Wolf are not in a table format summary but you can see them being outputed in his videos.

Snow Wolf 200w (wattage mode specs only)
image.jpg

Sigelei 150w
image.jpg

I'd love to see the Sig 150w TC results when he reviews it and compare both Wattage and TC modes with the Snow Wolf and Wattage mode with the Sigelei 150w.

Last edited:

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
Thanks for posting the charts. My Sig is within those readings roughly + or -. I really don't care if my mod reads to the tenth or hundreth atm I've reverted to a sub ohm tank and it is what it is. the Sig does read my super tanks .2 as such and does the job so I'm happy. If I were in the market for a tc device this year the DNA 200 would win hands down just because of the upgradability the other features of the board are the big bonus for me.

smokin909

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2014
Milan to Minsk
You're welcome.

Based on these numbers and their proven build quality the Sig 150 is my choice as well. It basically runs within acceptable accuracy at 0.4 ohms up to 80w - 0.2 ohm up to 70 which works for me.

Just an FYI the Sig 75 in wattage mode was on point across the board from 0.2 - 0.8 ohms.

At some point the output voltage limits are going to kick in.

im happy to be in 'wait and see mode' for the DNA 200 - I'm sure we'll see lots of stuff coming out before the year is out.

For the money and reliability of real world performance the Sig 150 would suit my needs fine and I'd be happy to add it to my collection today. If I can find something on the 150 TC wattage mode I'll get them up - I'd love to know!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread