Sigelei 213 owners thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I hope it works out for you with the replacement lashed.

sigelei really has dropped the ball, they should have never gone away from using Yihi chips, there greed took over. I am not buying anymore products from them unless they take ownership of there screw ups and go back to using Yihi chips.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Riff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Texas
My Sigelei 213 "died" today. A contact is loose. Anyone open one of these bad boys up or seen a video of teardown? It's out of warranty so may as well try to fix it as repair or replace costs as much as getting a new one. (More really they want $80 for new/refurb fuchai) Otherwise I'm looking for sales next month.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Sucks to hear about your 213 @Riff

ecig.com once had the Fuchai 213 on sale for something like $36, last time I checked the price went up to just under $50.

If you think 75 watts is enough coming from a DNA75 chip check this out: HCigar VT 75 | 75w Temperature Control Mod

Sign up for an account before buying and I heard they will send you a 10% off coupon too. I think free shipping starts at $50 and they have a lot of good sale stuff on that site.

I like my VT75 over my 213, the only drawback is less power but I just make sure and put builds in the 0.25ohm range and above so I can get away with less power and longer battery life.

Reactions: GeorgeS

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
My Sigelei 213 "died" today. A contact is loose. Anyone open one of these bad boys up or seen a video of teardown? It's out of warranty so may as well try to fix it as repair or replace costs as much as getting a new one. (More really they want $80 for new/refurb fuchai) Otherwise I'm looking for sales next month.
Maybe have a look at Daniel from DJLsb's video. He did pull his apart for the review; maybe he mentions how he did it.

Sent via Tapatalk, using my 404 Error. Not found.

Reactions: mjag
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me before I go to the vape shop where I bought this mod. I love it, it's worked great but ever since yesterday afternoon, every time I press the fire button I get a message on the screen saying "Too Hot!". I haven't changed any settings but the mod was sitting in my car while I was at the gym and it was pretty hot yesterday (still don't think that's it). I've tried other atomizers on it and always the same result. Anyone experience this issue before?

Thanks

Markus Skubic

Sep 11, 2016
Hello everybody,

I wondered what firmware was shipped with your Sigelei 213. My has the version 2.0, in the YouTube contributions towards the appliance which are mostly damning I have only seen older versions.

img_109537sw4.jpg

Therefore, I wonder wich firmware your devices have. I am seriously in search for a newer firmware. If I find one I'd open the housing to solder the necessary wiring itself, to see how far I am in a position to install new firmware or even can make adjustments.

The technical knowledge is not a problem. So I would be glad if you would write which version is running on your 213.

In order to receive this information take out the batteries and put them in again, closes the flap WHILE holding the fire button.

Except for the firmware thing I am very satisfied with my 213 and can not understand the negative judgments on YouTube. But I also evaporate mainly in power mode at 165W with a preheat for a half second at 200W.

Reactions: EODPaul

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
Can't understand the negative judgement? They were originally told vendors it was upgradable. Built the board to be upgradable, but left off the IC's needed to complete the circuit. It's a 213w device that lets ignore yours (doubt it's hitting the numbers, but let's say they finally fixed it 4 months later), it doesn't go above ~150w. They didn't tell anyone that the TCR system was changed. The TC is broken and temps ramp up the more you vape.

On top of the problems with the device itself. The first reviewer to point out the issues with the device, posted his video about the issues they went on to try to insult him and suggest he was out to get him and threatened to sue them.

Last edited:

wade

Verified Member
Oct 31, 2012
Armstrong BC
So I figured out something interesting. I knew about holding the fire button while starting up to check your version.

If you hold the down button while booting it resets to factory default.

If you hold the fire and down button it shows a solid screen. I think this might help burn in.

If you hold the fire and up button it shows "Calibration Resistance" then mine shows "Calibration Success"

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
So I just scooped one up today and I dig it thus far; however, my voltage is constantly fluctuating .01 - .02 ohms p/s back and forth. Is this common with the 213 or does this have to do with the pin the post in the RTA?
If you're referring to the battery voltage readings, it's normal.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Wow this thread really bummed me out heh. Im pretty happy with the Sig Spark and a KF5 at the moment (never use TC only power mode) but I was planning on picking up a Cthulhu V3 which is a 25-27mm wide tank and it looks ridiculous on the tiny Spark and this was the mod Ive been looking at getting for the new tank. Ive been happy with all the Sig's Ive owned over the couple of years since I quit smoking but it sounds like they really dropped the ball on the 213. Guess Ill be looking elsewhere now. Found the older Fuchai 200w for $29, but I gotta go do some research now apparently before I blindly give Sigelei money from now on like I used to.

DilFisher

Jan 27, 2016
Mobile, AL
Wow this thread really bummed me out heh. Im pretty happy with the Sig Spark and a KF5 at the moment (never use TC only power mode) but I was planning on picking up a Cthulhu V3 which is a 25-27mm wide tank and it looks ridiculous on the tiny Spark and this was the mod Ive been looking at getting for the new tank. Ive been happy with all the Sig's Ive owned over the couple of years since I quit smoking but it sounds like they really dropped the ball on the 213. Guess Ill be looking elsewhere now. Found the older Fuchai 200w for $29, but I gotta go do some research now apparently before I blindly give Sigelei money from now on like I used to.

Yeah man, me too. I've been a fan of the 213 since I first read about it. Ergonomically it looks great, and the size seals the deal for me. So I went and got one today, look up some reviews and see nothing but people demolishing the credit of this thing and saying it's not what they advertised. But lets be honest, who tf vapes at 200 watts? Even if youre around 75, it's still giving you what you need. The bummer is the firmware, though.

Reactions: cooladdict

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Sigelei is not the only one. There are reports for:
Wismec RX2/3 issues with some units not working in dual batt config. And of course the inconsistent 510.
P4U IPV 400 issues with lack of reverse polarity circuit.
P4U IPV 6X issues with lack of reverse polarity circuit, leading to a recall. In addition, reports of TC/TCR issues, which is weird given that it's supposed to be a Yihi chip.
Smok Alien misfire issues, which is a small issue but it's very early days for this one.

So it's difficult to find the "perfect" mod, if your expectations are high. And by expectations I mean expecting the device to deliver for what it advertises on the box.

Despite all these reports, I have an IPV 6X and a Smok Alien on pre-order. I can't help myself. My Shiniytis is strong.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
I think Im pretty much going with the HCigar VT75 mentioned above. Cant really go wrong with a legit DNA device.. Thats good to know about the Wismec.. I was also considering the RX2/3 specifically to use in dual battery mode, as well as the IPV 6X.

Reactions: champions

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Sigelei is not the only one. There are reports for:
Wismec RX2/3 issues with some units not working in dual batt config. And of course the inconsistent 510.
P4U IPV 400 issues with lack of reverse polarity circuit.
P4U IPV 6X issues with lack of reverse polarity circuit, leading to a recall. In addition, reports of TC/TCR issues, which is weird given that it's supposed to be a Yihi chip.
Smok Alien misfire issues, which is a small issue but it's very early days for this one.

So it's difficult to find the "perfect" mod, if your expectations are high. And by expectations I mean expecting the device to deliver for what it advertises on the box.

Despite all these reports, I have an IPV 6X and a Smok Alien on pre-order. I can't help myself. My Shiniytis is strong.

I have a Sig 213 and Fuchai 213 and am happy with both, but only use power mode with them.

I was wanting an IPV 6X until I heard about the issues and "potential" recall (I take it the recall is in effect now?) So I opted for the........

IPV 400. Had it now for a month or so with no issues and liking it. But now the shop I bought it from said it may have the same recall. Good news is, they said they would take care of me if the recall goes into effect. So, Friday I picked up the......

SMOK Alien Kit. Very new with it, but really, really liking it so far. This is the first I have heard about any issues with it, so hoping any misfires (I haven't had any so far) are isolated issues.

Indications are I have not been making good choices with my last 4 purchases! :cry:

But should I or anybody else be overly surprised that a pre-8/8 push to get things on the market before it closes would have these results? That is why I paid a little more at my vape shop, knowing they will treat me right if big problems arise. At least I am hoping they will.

So I figured out something interesting. I knew about holding the fire button while starting up to check your version.

If you hold the down button while booting it resets to factory default.

If you hold the fire and down button it shows a solid screen. I think this might help burn in.

If you hold the fire and up button it shows "Calibration Resistance" then mine shows "Calibration Success"

I was messing around with some of these button combos you posted and when I do the fire and up button on my Fuchai 213 it's giving me a" calibration failed" message. Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Since that has happened my .5 coils appear to be a reading at .6 which is kind of an issue for tc mode that WAS working just fine for me Prior... Any help would be appreciated

chibahawk

Jun 29, 2012
Jersey
This is probably a very stupid question and a long shot at that. Does anyone know the stock settings the 213 comes in regards to preheat in TC and Power mode? A friend of mine used my mod for a few days and adjust the preheat modes and it hasn't been working the same since. Dry hits after try hits in Power mode and TC is lacking power.

This is probably a very stupid question and a long shot at that. Does anyone know the stock settings the 213 comes in regards to preheat in TC and Power mode? A friend of mine used my mod for a few days and adjust the preheat modes and it hasn't been working the same since. Dry hits after try hits in Power mode and TC is lacking power.

I have the fuchai 213 but as far as I know the settings would have been the same. I think I read somewhere that the preheat settings were supposed to automatically change depending on the coil put on but don't quote me on that because I don't know for certain if that's true or not. Anyway, on my fuchai when I use ss316l in TC I'm almost positive the default was 60 watts with a preheat of 0.10 seconds. I typically run mine at about 40 watts with preheat time turned all the way down to 0.01 since there is no actual temp control during preheat time,and it works for me .but of course the wattage you enter in preheat settings will depend on what type of coil you are using since the preheat power adjustment in the TC modes is essentially your max wattage used for temp control.

As for wattage mode, I unfortunately can't remember what the default was . If it's giving you dry hits I would either make it match your actual wattage you're vaping at and drop the preheat time down to the minimum (0.10 sec) or just drop both preheat watts and time to the minimum and it should function just like any plain old VW mod.

Alternatively, you could always reset the whole device to default if you're not too worried about any of your TCR/TFR numbers being reset. To do this, open your battery then hold the "down" button in and while holding that button In , close the battery door .your screen should say something like factory defaults or reset defaults. Then after a second or so let the button go and you should be good to go.
Hope this helps

Reactions: chibahawk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread