Sigelei-K Kick Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
Just got the 3 I ordered, whoot! seems to work fine, nothing has blown up. I like my mechanical due to it's form factor and look... doing sub-ohm is fine and all with an rda, but sometimes I like having something more reliable... the same vape through the whole battery charge. Using it in a K100, easy to install, looks like it may be tough to get back out if I wanted to. Picked them up for $15 each.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I have a pair of real Kicks and a pair of Sigelei clones. I like the Sigelei version for the price, but there are a few things to consider. First, is it's larger than the real deal. It won't fit into some mechanical mods without sanding. Second, is that it's louder than the original. This doesn't bother me at all, but I could see it bugging some people. Third, it doesn't have the plastic coating; this helps the original model slide into mods better and adds a bit of protection. Lastly, it doesn't have the low-battery warning that the original does.

I'm glad I have the clones and will happily use them. Should I need another Kick-like product, I'd get the real deal.

Discord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
Where were you able to get them for $15?

Sigelei-K Kick Clone

I was watching this listing every day. not sure how many they got in, but they only had 15 left by the time I ordered it, then I came to ECF and posted a link to the listing and I think the rest were gone within a couple hours.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
It won't fit into some mechanical mods without sanding.

Which ones? I've tried my S.Kicks in da #20 and a plastic Bolt with no problems.

Second, is that it's louder than the original.

Louder in what way? If you're talkin' 'bout pops and hiss, dat's just 'happy farts' from a satisfied coil(s) and quite (pun intended) desirable for my vaping experiences!

... and adds a bit of protection.

From what?

Lastly, it doesn't have the low-battery warning that the original does.

OK, here ya have me at a disadvantage in that I do not own an orig Kick. How does the orig Kick warn of a lo-batt in a mechanical PV?

It feels good to know every Evolve Product Ive bought is putting food on the tables of Americans.

For me, it 'feels' better for me to put better/more food on my table since I live on fixed retirement incomes!

Last edited:

pdxtechdoctor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
pdxtechdoctor
Sigelei-K Kick Clone

I was watching this listing every day. not sure how many they got in, but they only had 15 left by the time I ordered it, then I came to ECF and posted a link to the listing and I think the rest were gone within a couple hours.

Thanks for the link.. I have a new vendor to stalk... they carry some great stuff and good prices...

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Which ones? I've tried my S.Kicks in da #20 and a plastic Bolt with no problems.

It wouldn't fit in my friend's Nzonic and Gus 69. There are several reports of mods that the clone is too large for.

Louder in what way? If you're talkin' 'bout pops and hiss, dat's just 'happy farts' from a satisfied coil(s) and quite (pun intended) desirable for my vaping experiences!

No, I'm not talking about the coils. The real Kick is dead silent. You can hear the Sigelei version working. Again, it's a non-issue for me, but some people might not care for it.

From what?

From wear. This is particularly important for people that want to change it in and out of mechs frequently.

OK, here ya have me at a disadvantage in that I do not own an orig Kick. How does the orig Kick warn of a lo-batt in a mechanical PV?

It stutters your vape when the battery is low.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Not to bust your chops and nuttin' personal, but I do like to separate da wheat from da chaff for our ECF membership.

It wouldn't fit in my friend's Nzonic and Gus 69.

Really? So much for da majority of our general membership PVs!

There are several reports of mods that the clone is too large for.

Links would really assist your observations and assist our membership!

No, I'm not talking about the coils. The real Kick is dead silent. You can hear the Sigelei version working.

No, I don't hear da Sigelei operation! What do you hear?

From wear. This is particularly important for people that want to change it in and out of mechs frequently.

The only possible physical wear is from the outer diameter of the stacked circuit boards and hourly removals/replacements. The orig plastic coating will wear off long before the actual circuit boards perimeters!

It stutters your vape when the battery is low.

Well, da Sigelei actually stops working once at da min watt/voltage/ohms cutoff is reached! Which would you prefer?

Regardless, please be more objective prior to bad mouthing a viable, reliable and rea$onable alternative to a device twice the pri¢e!

Discord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
yeah, I don't have any sound coming from the clone... and it just stops working when the battery gets low, that's a pretty good signal to me that it's time to change. I also suspect that the PCB won't wear out even if I did take it out and put it in 1000 times to change the setting (which I'd never do).

The "Buy American" argument is fine, especially if it means something to you, but majority of "made in america" things out there are just assembled in america, then a massive markup is added. Taking into account the cost of parts, labor, and support, I just didn't feel like spending more than 3x as much for what is effectively the same thing. If the kick was $20-25, I'd consider it, but not at $50. I'm glad I have an alternative.

Last edited:

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Not to bust your chops and nuttin' personal, but I do like to separate da wheat from da chaff for our ECF membership.

That's great. I like helping ECF members too.

Really? So much for da majority of our general membership PVs!

Links would really assist your observations and assist our membership!

I just gave two examples that I have seen not fitting. The point being, it's larger than the original and doesn't fit in as many mods. I'm not sure why you're trying to argue the point, especially when you don't have experience using a Kick.

No, I don't hear da Sigelei operation! What do you hear?

It's a soft, whirring sound. It's definitely there. This happens with both of my clones.

The only possible physical wear is from the outer diameter of the stacked circuit boards and hourly removals/replacements. The orig plastic coating will wear off long before the actual circuit boards perimeters!

The clone can wear and is exposed. The original isn't. Using one of your tactics, why don't you make a list and provide evidence that the exposed design won't show wear?

Well, da Sigelei actually stops working once at da min watt/voltage/ohms cutoff is reached! Which would you prefer?

I greatly prefer the original. You know when the battery is low. The other one just dies.

Regardless, please be more objective prior to bad mouthing a viable, reliable and rea$onable alternative to a device twice the pri¢e!

I wasn't "bad mouthing" anything and was being completely objective. Look at my original reply. I wrote, "I like the Sigelei version for the price," and, "I'm glad I have the clones and will happily use them." I'm not sure why you're being so sensitive about this. As someone that has and uses both models, I was giving people observations to consider. Additionally, I'm not sure how you can call the device reliable. Nobody knows anything about the longterm reliability of Sigelei's model considering that it has been available for less than a month.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
I've got three Kicks and a Sigelei clone. I've really enjoyed my Kicks, and I got the clone just to see how it compares. I've had similar observations to those of RPad. The clone won't fit in my GGTS -- the Kick will, but it's tight. It also won't fit in my Super-T Kicklet, which is what I got it for. I don't own any of the Sigelei mechs, but the only device I've been able to use it in is my Kick edition Jazz Cartopipe.

The plastic sleeve on the Kick is an advantage over the clone, because there's less stuff that can get hung up on threading, and therefor the Kick is less likely to be damaged or get stuck.

The clone does indeed make a whirring noise when it fires. It's audible over the delivery systems I use, except maybe for crackly cartos. I'm assuming that this is the module sending pulses to continuously check the ohms of the attached device. I find it kind of annoying, but it's not a dealbreaker or anything like that. The Kick does something similar, but it's only audible when the battery is absolutely dead, nothing is firing, and you have your ear up to it.

I absolutely agree that the Kick's low-battery warning (a series of short, intermittent fires in succession) is an advantage over the clone, which just stops working when it dies. I didn't fully appreciate the Kick's warning system until the battery went low the first time I used the clone. I had no way of knowing if I had a short, had popped a coil, or if the battery had died.

I think the Kick's negative contact spring is also an advantage over the little negative contact on the clone. The spring on the Kick can be stretched to make contact if necessary, and I wonder how much wear and tear the clone's negative contact will take before the solder pops off.

I'm glad I only paid $15 for my clone. It's a bargain at that price. It's not a bad device and it seems to perform just fine, but at full price, I'd gladly pay the extra money for a genuine Kick.

Last edited:

Disconnect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Washington DC
The plastic sleeve on the Kick is an advantage over the clone, because there's less stuff that can get hung up on threading, and therefor the Kick is less likely to be damaged or get stuck.

The clone does indeed make a whirring noise when it fires. It's audible over the delivery systems I use, except maybe for crackly cartos. I'm assuming that this is the module sending pulses to continuously check the ohms of the attached device. I find it kind of annoying, but it's not a dealbreaker or anything like that. The Kick does something similar, but it's only audible when the battery is absolutely dead, nothing is firing, and you have your ear up to it.

It sounds to me pretty much like my vamo. That is both good and bad - on the good side, I don't mind the sound. (The wife even said she likes it.) On the bad side, it means I can't use it at work because our office is SILENT. (I can hear someone typing from almost 40' away.) I have permission to vape at work as long as it is 'discrete'.. that means no rattle and nothing too hot, and of course no huge plumes wafting from my desk. I had hoped the kick clone would make up the gap between VW and mechanical, but its iffy at best due to rattlesnaking.

I think the Kick's negative contact spring is also an advantage over the little negative contact on the clone. The spring on the Kick can be stretched to make contact if necessary, and I wonder how much wear and tear the clone's negative contact will take before the solder pops off.

I can speak to this. I jammed it in and out of a 'telescope' mod from vape dojo a bunch of times before giving up. (As far as I can tell, it just won't work there. Works fine in a KTS telescope.) The top end-cap isn't removable, so getting it out involved pulling pretty hard on the bottom post. It survived that, although I suspect I dramatically lowered it's overall life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread