Not open for further replies.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Anyone see this yet?

2013sigeleibestsellingp.jpg

2013 Sigelei Best Selling Products Variable Voltage Product Sigelei Telescope Zmax Hot Sale Kick By Evolv - Buy Sigelei Telescope,Kick By Evolv,Evolv Kick Product on Alibaba.com

Looks like they cloning the kick.

Last edited:

cardenio

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
United States
I just read about this from ........, can't wait to compare this one(when the kick becomes about 15 bucks everyone should buy like 4 knockoffs, such a good product!) to my actual kick that i could'nt afford to buy more than one of. Although i always think how ...... everyone must be at sigelei... those 40-50 new mechanicals they just came out with ripped off almost every mechanical design i've ever seen too.. All hail the king of the knockoffs

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
I would almost more assume this is a joint venture rather than a direct copy. I can't see Sigelei marketing it as "by Evolv" if it weren't. I'd think if they were to try and steal credit, they'd steal ALL the credit. They'd say "Kicked by Sigelei". Either way, I'll be stalking the coops forum and picking up a couple of these for backups!

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Sigelei has cloned almost every mech mod maker out there...why wouldn't they just use a stock Evolv pic to advertise yet another design clone? Obviously they missed the class on ethics...

It's not just in the pics, though. It's everywhere throughout their description as well. I'm not saying it's legit, and yes they have been known to use authentic pics of things they clone, but like when they made their Zen clones they didn't write "by Zen" in the description.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Given the slew of new mechanicals they've just put on the market, it makes a lot of sense that they would team up with Evolv on the Kick. I love the look and size of the mech mods, but I only like using them with the Kick. At this price point, each mech can have its own - no swapping. Hear that whooshing noise? That's the sound of my Vamo flying out the window :)

neofelis

Oct 24, 2011
Australia
I think you'll find that all along The Kick was made in china.. If makers say It's designed in USA they can some how justify charging $50 for a $3 item.

All Evolv ever said was that "We have partnered with Dimension Engineering and are releasing a Modder’s Board version of our Power Regulated technology. This will bring our Power Regulation to a more customizable format for various creative applications."

No where did it EVER state, Made in USA. It's all in the dishonest writing.

I've heard of many people were never happy with the product for X, Y, Z reasons. Maybe the new price point of $10 will be more appealing?

A co-op was just done on these so I'll post back with more info on these soon.

Last edited:

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
I'm one of those guys who just doesn't get why anyone would want to kick a mech in the first place. I mean, a 10w limit and the first gen kicks cost more than a vamo!?!? HEY! Don't throw your vamo out the window! Send it to ME!!! :D

BUT that's off topic. The main reason I'm posting in this thread... and this is just pure speculation on my part... is that I believe Sigelei is flooding the mech market in an attempt to pretty much become the Vamo of the mech world. Just as good as competing products at a lower price. Flooding a market means cutting per unit profit margins drastically and relying on market share to make up for it. I think they are doing that with mechs and it wouldn't surprise me if they did a joint venture with Evolv on these new kicks for the same reason. Remember, just because it has a lower price does not necessarily mean the quality of components and craftsmanship is equally low.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I kid about the Vamo - I'm actually fond of it, although it's awfully big and clunky compared to my Kicked Chi Chi. That was just my way of making basically the same argument you did. Mechs are the hot item right now, for both the sub-ohmers, who obviously wouldn't want a Kick, and folks like me who dig the form factor of the mechs but need a little extra oomph to compensate for a little extra resistance. Sigelei + Evolv = something for everybody. And yeah, I know - I should just get a Zmax V3. In fact ... could you excuse me for a moment, please?

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
You must have a Braille keyboard :). I do the sub-ohm thing from time to time, only I call it shorting out. If I ever learn to do it on purpose, then I can give up the Kick, too :)

It's really nothing magical. I just wrote an extensive post in the New Members section (yeah! really!) of the forum in defense of SLR vaping. TL;DR version: lower gauge wire = thicker wire and longer runs to better incorporate thicker wicks at a given resistance. Thicker wicks = more juice to the coil. Thicker wire also means a bigger contact area on the wick which translates to more juice being vaped up. Of course you need an *un*kicked mech, a good battery, and an RBA, usually modded to provide better airflow. I love it!

I posted that reply to my blog. You can read it here if you like:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/oktyabr/4045-noob-s-low-ohms-concerns.html

(SORRY! Didn't intend to high jack this thread!)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I'm one of those guys who just doesn't get why anyone would want to kick a mech in the first place. I mean, a 10w limit and the first gen kicks cost more than a vamo!?!?

In response to the first part of your statement, people do it because they want a regulated vape from a mechanical device... As to the second part of your response, most Vamo, V/Zmax, Evic, & (insert any other failed VV/VW devices here), vape between 7-10 watts and are very happy with the vape. This is where just about any mechanical and an installed Kick come into play! Most people are curious about mechanical's and RBA's but don't either know how to or can't set them up properly and consistently to get the same vape they were getting with their VV/VW devices. You also have those people that don't have an interest in rebuilding their own coils, (for whatever reason), and would rather use just a standard atty or carto on their device and again this is where the Kick installed is the viable option for them.

I am one of those people that enjoys my vape at 9-10 watts and I can just set the Kick, install it, and vape happily, (and consistently), all day... I also own other mechanical's and have RBA's on them and have tried the sub-ohm coils and IMO, its nothing to write home about.

The same feeling you have about not understanding why someone would want to kick a mechanical, I don't understand why anyone would want to vape sub-ohm coils!!! To me its a step back in time, prior to VV/VW, with vaping and the draining of the battery leaving me with an unsatisfied vape and wanting to pick up an analog!!! At least with using the Kick installed I don't have that craving!!!

Something to remember, what makes your vape enjoyable to you is usually not going to be the same for someone else... Its not rocket science!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread