Status
Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Well, I've been searching something to replace the origen I've preferred..I think this may be it... I'm typing this as I take it out of the box. (I have a press running right now on some twisted wire that will be getting in it soon, but for now, I'll stick with a micro or mini/macro coil.

Here she is:
Dual or quad coil design... You can use the two holes on both sides for a lot of air on dual coils, or a basic quad build. Paid $40at a local shop for it(vape South)... surely it's around $30 online. Great machining..love the top cap, kinda like a space craft feel.
64bf4e64f74368498c02f0c0128369f8.jpg

a32d4c28c91715b6215a5fd1be1b8519.jpg

2c3d58ecbf66a7b746cfe7201d33d355.jpg

Taj top cap....tobh top cap.
27f36a36cc0c436eb970bfe33af2c8d6.jpg

Without wicks, I fit approximately 0.8mL(3mL syringe from MFS)

Its top cap is domed more than the tobh..it almost looks like it's the same pitch as magma, just not as large.

Wasn't dirty, but cleaned it anyway..but didn't mess with 510.. might leave it alone. Most "adjustable" 510 attys I've had end up leaking, but the vendor says it's an adjustable 510, so who knows:).

Build and vape- dual 28awg 0.9 Ohm horizontal compressed ~2mm ID:
a76a47c4045fb19dff2e09535ea08d5b.jpg

I wrapped both coils differently... you can see one is f...ed. The coil with the higher/top leg to the negative, lower leg to positive didn't get warped like the opposite coil..
1156edff05004a3a3501aeeb39bd7c5c.jpg

Wicked and built similar to a tobh.
About to tear it out and go with a vertical build...will edit or post when done.

Peak at airhole positions when two are used on one coil:
31499957a6dee3f1f4436ec219e11f6d.jpg

I like this:
7f9eff08e209ecafb9d2f0592fe516ae.jpg

Overall:
I'm digging this atomizer. It's basically a tobh with a LARGE well...but no leaky tobh effect.

Flavor is better than my origen((vertical)which I always considered better than a tobh) with a horizontal build... and I've always noticed more flavor with a vertical build in an origen, so hopefully the same holds true for this atty..(single airhole configuration for flavor testing)

Vapor production(dual airholes)-1-2second pull at 50 Watts went a little more than 12 feet before it stopped traveling.
Vapor production (single airhole configuration)- 2second pull at 50 Watts, surprisingly the single hole isn't hot at that power..but obviously vapor production wasn't as good, but flavor could be seen as being better at this heat- versus the "flavor test wattage"@30 Watts.

Edit-quad build- I had this and the 454 to compare at the shop. The 454 has a decent well...but probably 0.2mL...I don't know if it holds more with the cap on or not..he was really displeased with the 454..pushed me towards the taj, about 3 weeks ago...the 26650 version has a huge well...I need something for that to go on.:)

I think this is where the atty shines..performing amazing.. I'm regulated, so I did essentially the same build as the crap dual coil build up there^(wasn't thinking for both of them), but two in series..it's at 1.9 Ohms, so I over shot it for my IPV2 to give it 50watts..

0122e5e7dc5106ed7d699993be23ab5f.jpg

23c0164b186a0348eb30ae00665cf672.jpg

Omg...like a bia bia to wick..obstacle course.
6df33047c6453f4a24f66984857700f7.jpg

Edit...gif won't work
36fbb7aba307a3e42ab4728be9d8859c.jpg

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Sloppy build on quad series.. I forgot I bought 28 and 26awg... I'll have to show up to "work" for the"twisted chain" wire, so I'm reserving this spot for a redo on 26awg... and I'll find something other than two multimeter leads.lol- not the best tool for that application. :)

Edit- ok... only had time to go down the street..tooth picks..I see Qorax building with tooth picks...hell yeah- $1.25 for a few...I don't think he uses tooth picks from dollar general. Jeez, even the tooth picks are better in Canada?

Ok here is how I approached a typical quad build on this RDA(26awg ~2mm ID, 13 wraps):

I secured the negative contacts, on the legs that are using the post holes:
0738d4eedfefe4861a41bad4239b949c.jpg

Disaster struck...taking it to a dual coil.
900b47e358533caddb2067eeefad242c.jpg

I ripped apart (tightening the positive contact was a two man job). I don't think it can be done this way. :( The positive screw can be tightened all the way, but the negative post hole isn't large enough for the screw to get tightened ask the way... I'm going to figure it out

Oh well...rocking a dual coil for now.
e3de4a3c88b4289b0e81d70705d524c9.jpg

0.6 Ohms 26awg, ~2mm ID 13wraps.

Instantly puts out this at 40 Watts:
43b0ef5ff9a2c8d4b978276b728c500e.jpg

Wonderful! I have to admit, I'm pretty boss at mixing liquid. Just started last week, already have ~10 amazing recipes. I've been told to start selling it... but I'd be a bath tub mixer.. I'm not down for that... someone give me $2,000,000.

Editedit- and the crappy little screw driver that came with it works great actually..I had to break out one of my insulated screw drivers, cuz the one I thought was perfect for it has almost stripped the heads with this last build...:/

Last edited:

snipeslayer

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2014
United States
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Nope - Rules

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
^I don't think I'll be letting this one go...if only I got this before a plume veil clone.. I'd be much happier, and my touch sensor might work still. :/

The only complaint I have so far(building not performance):
66b07b033e32bf2806d0cbb318c85c03.jpg

Best image I have for it..you're forced to use the common post holes.. I'm thinking you could easily secure it around the screw/under the screw head.. it sticks that far up..so you have to choose to use the post hole or screw head for common contact.. !!this is with 28awg too!!

The positive post looks like it could have two strands under screw head, and also in the post holes..consideration with 28awg... since that's all I've used thus far...sorry for anyone that uses gauges larger than 26awg, but the positive post hole is about 2mm large.. almost looks like they used the same tool to cut airholes. Negative post holes look about 1.5mm...much larger than typical holes.-------negative post holes look to be same size as tobh positive post hole.

Edit- ok.. other problem is the quad vertical- can't pull it off yet, which should be the way you would build this dripper. It utilizes more of the well space for actual juice..but I'll mess with a quad horizontal at some point. But the pairs of series quad build is perfect for this atty.. I'll be trying again tomorrow..I guess

My friend is looking into it for me..he and a couple others have one, since he owns that shop.

I found them for $25 online, and that was a quick search. I may get another for my mechs.

I have the airholes setup on this dual coil to where it causes a similar effect that the plume veil's negative airholes provide...but no leaking(however, it is slightly drier than the plume veil)..and with at least 10 50watt pulls..:) my origen afc is stuck in the 1/8" hole I drilled in it a while ago..so I can't really compare them...:/

If I get another, I'm cutting a vertical slot for two of the holes...may leave the others alone...but that's a few weeks away.. unless I can get rid of all the stuff I never will use again...

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Thank you, classwife. I don't own a taj me dripper.:)

So messing around with dual coils, I'm thinking 10wraps on a 2mm ID is as long as a coil you want using one airhole(obviously the number of wraps will change based on inner diameter of the coil)..two airholes with the horizontal builds on this just cause dry hits..

This is the positioning you'll need to get airhole centered on coils:
4d150084715f80863ddcbdb7b4709eec.jpg

ada0295e57e154235f23beb3e39f64c4.jpg

Wicking, I prefer to tuck the negative side tails under the coil leg, so they're on the same side. But wicking how I did in the op or number two works fine too..when tucking them on the same side, make sure the wick tail isn't touching the bottom of the coil.
85bbcf2b04f3f5a1a7da9eec7d8728da.jpg

Thank you classwife, again.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Looks fun building that.
Ive done quads a few times before I just dont have the patience.
I forgot to respond to this.

That vertical quad is actually a very easy build...since it is essentially just one coil for each side..and positive post holes could easily fit 4strands of 24awg..so breezy.

If you have a regulated mod.. this is a great build... I wouldn't like the heat from it, to have it at the resistance to function equally well..:)

This atty has been my work horse..but I'm thinking about a hobo...I was surprised when I saw the well... I'm into that.. I like to vape with as little extra effort as possible..as does anyone else..

I need a 510 conversion for an estia... sigh...cuz it is the one to provide that. Wide open, it almost has the same airflow as the taj ji wide open.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Just an update...

Trying to get that "normal" vertical quad build in..in posts above^^, I torqued the HELL out of my positive contact.

I stripped the threads... about to try some aluminum foil to catch the threads... it still works, without resistance fluctuation, but building is a challenge now. Lol.

Hopefully I can chase them out with a dye-or whatever.:) if not, I'll do a different quick fix on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread