Sigelei Zmax problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baums

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
NY
So I purchased one of these and love it. Got my buddy to order one. Issue he is having is the ego connection clearos are not firing. He can put a vivi on it and it works great. It was not just the clearo either as I tried a couple of mine which fire on my sigelei and still nothing on his. What do you guys think could be an issue here?

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Lift the center pin (gently and just a bit) with a small screw driver. Or use a spacer. Alternatively the bottom post on the clearo could be lowered but there is like a zero percent chance that this is the case if it is happening on more then 2 or 3 in a row.

If you are talking standard clearos (like ce2's) then be aware that even if you get it working they run a danger of melting at voltages above 3.7.

Baums

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
NY
Lift the center pin (gently and just a bit) with a small screw driver. Or use a spacer. Alternatively the bottom post on the clearo could be lowered but there is like a zero percent chance that this is the case if it is happening on more then 2 or 3 in a row.

If you are talking standard clearos (like ce2's) then be aware that even if you get it working they run a danger of melting at voltages above 3.7.

Hm this sounds like it could be the issue. How do you go about "lifting" it? Just get a screwdriver on the side and angle up?

Stephenst4470

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Detroit, Mi
casaa.org
So I purchased one of these and love it. Got my buddy to order one. Issue he is having is the ego connection clearos are not firing. He can put a vivi on it and it works great. It was not just the clearo either as I tried a couple of mine which fire on my sigelei and still nothing on his. What do you guys think could be an issue here?

Some ego batteries will push the center pin up in the clearo if your not careful and tighten it down too much, then you will have issues when you try to mount it in other devices. You can carefully pull the center pin out a little with small needlenose. Be very careful or you will pull it all the way out and break the wire that is soldered to it

Baums

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
NY
Some ego batteries will push the center pin up in the clearo if your not careful and tighten it down too much, then you will have issues when you try to mount it in other devices. You can carefully pull the center pin out a little with small needlenose. Be very careful or you will pull it all the way out and break the wire that is soldered to it

I don't think it is an issue with the clearo though. I put the clearo on mine and it fired. I then put one of my clearos onto his, which was working on mine as well, and it would not fire on his. So multiple clearos would not fire on his but would on mine.

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
honestly I feel like I am having the same problem with mine.
(I just haven't had time to test it further and don't use too many ego threads)

threw on an ego clearo and couldnt get anything to fire on it..
put back some others that use 510 and it works fine.. so I will need to post later to see what happens

I'm going to PM you Baum- because I'm curious to know if we bought it at the same place.

eric1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Dayton
I have had similar issues with mine; there have been times (always with a carto tank using ego cartos) where either the thread doesn't want to match quite right, or after a couple days of use, I get a "short" or "low load" message. If I loosen the tank to the point where it is a bit shaky on the threads (never cranking down in the first place), this stops. However, I don't like having a unsecure tank attached.

A regular cartomizer never has had this problem, nor the Kanger Pro Tank I have on it right now.

Baums

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
NY
I have had similar issues with mine; there have been times (always with a carto tank using ego cartos) where either the thread doesn't want to match quite right, or after a couple days of use, I get a "short" or "low load" message. If I loosen the tank to the point where it is a bit shaky on the threads (never cranking down in the first place), this stops. However, I don't like having a unsecure tank attached.

A regular cartomizer never has had this problem, nor the Kanger Pro Tank I have on it right now.

Well, loosening seemed to do the trick. Weird. He only had to loosen it a small amount too so his is not loose like you were sayin.

eric1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Dayton
Well, loosening seemed to do the trick. Weird. He only had to loosen it a small amount too so his is not loose like you were sayin.

Thankfully, having to loosen it that much only happened a couple times, and both those times the tank had been used for 4 days straight... I have narrowed this down to possible flooding (liquid was coming from the bottom of the carto threads both times) and changing tanks here and there in that period.

I'm now looking for a good 510/510 adapter to prevent any seeping of liquid onto the battery unit and help protect the threads a little more.

Nsanejain

Feb 27, 2013
GA, USA
Seems like I remember pbusardo doing a review where I think it was version 1 that certain things wouldn't tighten all the way down and make a good connection, and saying they fixed it in v2. At the same time I know you should only tighten your delivery devices enough but not too much if that makes sense. But hey imma noob so just giving my noob two cents :) I have the flat top telescope V3 so far no issues. Maybe go watch those pbusardo reviews on them seems like I remember he said it was something ego threaded like a T3 that had the problem. Hope he gets it fixed good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread