*sigh* Got my Provari Mini today ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerbeagle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Wichita, KS USA
...but I can't use it, none of the 510 tanks I've ordered have come in :( so I have nothing to use with it. I'm coming from a Volt X2 system so all of my carts are 808 and all my clearomizers are eGo threaded (and, no, of course I didn't order the adapter). Protanks are supposed to be here tomorrow, so that will get me up and running ...at least until the batteries die. Of course, I didn't order the charger either ...was going to order the Nitecore from Amazon, but forgot to until yesterday, so it won't be here until Tuesday. At least they shipped the two 18490 batteries fully charged.

You know, I thought I had this all planned out. :facepalm:

unclestu

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
ALLENHURST, NJ, USA
This reminds me of when I ordered my Provari. I started off with it as my 1st device. So I ordered everything fromProvape including some juice (had none on hand). After I placed the order I was notified that the juice ships from a different location. I thought that I would have one package arrive before the other. Lucky for me everything arrived at the same time. Good luck with your new Provari

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
...but I can't use it, none of the 510 tanks I've ordered have come in :( so I have nothing to use with it. I'm coming from a Volt X2 system so all of my carts are 808 and all my clearomizers are eGo threaded (and, no, of course I didn't order the adapter). Protanks are supposed to be here tomorrow, so that will get me up and running ...at least until the batteries die. Of course, I didn't order the charger either ...was going to order the Nitecore from Amazon, but forgot to until yesterday, so it won't be here until Tuesday. At least they shipped the two 18490 batteries fully charged.

You know, I thought I had this all planned out. :facepalm:

Didn't I specifically address this issue with you? Or was it another new owner. Sigh. You may be able to get a charger locally until your Nitecore arrives. You got a B&M, or a Batteries Plus nearby?

Such a shame...

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
My first three mods I ordered a battery with the device (and a charger). The eVic came with a Wart/Micro-Cable charger and a battery, not that I needed on by the time I got it since it was my fourth mod. When I ordered by ProVari, I almost did not get one 18650 AW with it, but added it at the last second since it was a tradition.

My other button top had died quietly without me noticing some time before.

Having the ability to vape it right away was more precious than rubies. I ordered two more AWs from RTD that very day, along with a Nitecore charger. I swear that charger makes the batteries last longer somehow, which I know is pretty unlikely.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I swear that charger makes the batteries last longer somehow, which I know is pretty unlikely.

dont be so sure, a good charger will condition the batteries better then a cheap one, it really is amazing the difference a good charger can make, i had a noname for my very first and the batteries always came out slightly off 4.2 4.1 4.15, 4.05.
the one i use now is exactly 4.19 every time and the batteries seem better off for it.

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
dont be so sure, a good charger will condition the batteries better then a cheap one, it really is amazing the difference a good charger can make, i had a noname for my very first and the batteries always came out slightly off 4.2 4.1 4.15, 4.05.
the one i use now is exactly 4.19 every time and the batteries seem better off for it.

I was hoping you or Baditude would explain to me why I was wrong.

Thank you.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
that nitecore is getting rave reviews all over the web, for 14 bucks at fasttech i may get one, never hurts to have spares.

the charging algorithms make all the difference and and can temper the charge, so to speak and condition the battery as well as just charging it, helping them to run better and last longer.

bikerbeagle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Wichita, KS USA
Didn't I specifically address this issue with you? Or was it another new owner. Sigh. You may be able to get a charger locally until your Nitecore arrives. You got a B&M, or a Batteries Plus nearby?
Yeah, I drove around looking today, went to several places, but no one had anything I could use for IWR 18490s. I did find a 'universal' - forget the name brand now - that supposedly would charge this type of battery, but it didn't have the clearance for the larger diameter.

the charging algorithms make all the difference and and can temper the charge, so to speak and condition the battery as well as just charging it, helping them to run better and last longer.
This is why I chose the Nitecore. I don't know squat about battery technology, but I know that a good charger makes a world of difference in battery longevity. The Nitecore isn't the best - XTAR and Pila seem to be better units - but for it's price point and features, it's right up there.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
the charger is as important as the batteries.

I agree........I would never buy a cheap charger or batteries to run a nice mod.

Get the nitecore, PILA, or Xtar, and good AW IMR batts. Then, you don't have to think about it anymore. :)

Also, better re-sale value if you ever want to sell.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
agreed. i have the xtar myself both the home model and the usb powered model to run off my solar charger should we lose power for an extended time lol (florida, hurricanes, etc etc) but the charger is as important as the batteries.
Solar charger huh? was wondering if those things were any good.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
that nitecore is getting rave reviews all over the web, for 14 bucks at fasttech i may get one, never hurts to have spares.

I haven't been able to find it to link to, but I swear that before I decided to go with the Pila charger over a year ago, I had read that it uses unique charging algorhythms which may prolong the overall lifetime of rechargeable batteries.

I purchased three Aw 18650 IMR batteries with that Pila charger, and all are working today as if they were brand new. I don't know what the typical lifetime expectancy for these batteries are, but I'm hoping the extra money I spent on the Pila is beginning to pay off.

Since then, I've purchased a Xtar WP6 (6 bay) for myself and a Nitecore Intellicharger i2 for my daughter. Although I didn't actually time the amount of time the three chargers took to charge an 18650 (and it wasn't the same individual battery), it was quite obvious to me that the Pila charged in less time than the other two. I realize this didn't come anywhere close to being a valid scientific experiment, but I thought that I would share that info for the sake of it.

Racehorse said:
I agree...I would never buy a cheap charger or batteries to run a nice mod...Get the nitecore, PILA, or Xtar, and good AW IMR batts. Then, you don't have to think about it anymore...Also, better re-sale value if you ever want to sell...
The top of the line chargers will have the lastest technology and be the safest chargers on the market. Bottom line, I firmly believe you get your money's worth with the higher quality batteries and chargers. They will be worth the few extra dollars over the long term.

Last edited:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
When I ordered my provari, I think I must have read every thread on the forum first, and then I checked, and dbl checked everything was going to be compatible with the pro-tank I was using. The only thing I have with ego threads, is my ego c atomizers, and I would never use those on my provari anyway, I dont use them at all actually. Also I was looking at the chargers, and it just didn't make sense, to buy a cheep charger for a provari, so I ordered a Pila charger, I also ordered 2 18490 & 2 18650 batteries, I do not regret my decision.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
I use the LUC, save your money. While I won't say it's the worst charger in the world, it's not the best either. I got sucked in by the LCD screen, should of just went with the PILA. I'll put a Batt on that my Provari swears is at 3.6 my multimeter will say is 3.8 and the Luc tells me it's fully charged at 4.2. I have to take batts off of it and put them back on two or three times to get them fully charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread