Silica Wick 3 mm - temperature resistance > 1000°C

Status
Not open for further replies.

in4mati0n11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Tampa
Thanks, mate! It's shipped and on the way to you!

Just received and I must say, this is the HIGHEST quality Silica wick, I have ever used... I could tell I was in for a treat the second I looked at it... wicks like a monster and like others said, withstood my torch torture test and passed with flying colors!!

I have absolutely no hesitations whatsoever in recommending this wick!

Thank you again!!!

doolak

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 13, 2012
Germany
www.vaporbase.de
doolak still taking orders via PM? Would like to grab 3 to 5 meters if possible.

Saw it on Fleabay and would rather go direct if you are still doing such.

Thanks,
~Icky

Hi Icky,

yes - if you like you can order here through the Forum via PM. Just write me how much you want to order and provide me your shipping adress. I will sent you payment information then.

Cheers, doolak

uitzetter

Jul 12, 2012
The Netherlands
I have been testing this silica for a week now. First wick I recoiled for the Igo-S was a home run on the first try! What great wicking. I have never experienced anything like this in silica. I never want to go back to "regular" silica. I have yet to get a dry hit on my Igo-S (exept for the very last before it is dry, lol). It wicks and wicks and wicks. Sorry, don't know how to put it any other way.

And the taste! Unbelievable! Right from the start it's full flavor. No nasty silica taste, no break-in period. Just nothing but taste. Even better then cotton, because cotton has a break-in period and if rolled a bit to tight, has a muted taste. Not this silica.

No more cotton, no more silica. I just want this from now on.

I have recoiled several times. I have to admit, I did have to get used to it. It's much more difficult to handle then regular silica. It is much softer and it unravels easily. It's a bit better after torching as Doolak said , but not by much (IMHO). I didn't have a difference in taste between just dry-burning after first usage and torching, so I will just dry burn from now on. I found that if I fold the silica once over with 4/5 wraps, I always end up with a 2-2.2 ohm coil. Just as I like it.

The dry-burning is also another experience. Normal silica seems to "shred" into tiny bits here and there after dry burning. Not this. It seems to hold it's shape much, much better. I have tested 47 0.5ml samples of juice over the last week, dry burning after each sample. I only used two wicks. Not two because I had to, but just because I wanted to see how easy or difficult it was to replicate my coil. The wick it self could have handled it fine.

Then I recoiled a couple of Protank heads. Folded the wick over, wrapped 4/5 times and removed the silicone (agr, how do you write that word..) cup from the top of the air tube. Resistance came out a bit to high, between 2.8 - 3.1 ohm. So I will try with single wick 5 wraps 32g kanthal a1 next time. However, besides the resistance, all of the above also applied to the Protank.

I couldn't be happier :laugh::laugh:

:vapor: on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread