Status
Not open for further replies.

doolak

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 13, 2012
Germany
www.vaporbase.de
Hello there,

after i had posted some information about my Silica wick in a german forum i received a lot of inquires and decided to put it on the Fleabay (as long as my shop is still under construction).

It's a excellent Silica rope made of high quality Silica Fiber with a continuous temperature resistance exceeding 1000°C. The twisted rope has a diameter of approx. 3 mm and it is easy possible to split it into two seperate ropes - each of them consists of 6 yarn threads.

It is characterized by a high temperature resistance, fantastic wicking / capillarity and a neutral taste. It has a very good chemical resistance and a high mechanical strenght. The fibers have a diameter of exceeding 6 micron and therefore they are considered as harmless to health.

img2348q1.jpg

Some product information:
- high quality Silica Rope - manufactured in Germany
- continuous temperature resistance: > 1000°C
- length: 1 Meter / 3 Meter / 5 Meter
- diameter: approx. 3 mm
- Fibre diameter: > 6 micron

Feel free to ask me if you need further information.

As already said, until my shop launches it is available only on eBay: Vaporbase Silica wick on eBay

It is available in 1, 3 and 5 Meter length - the price is as follows:

1 Meter: £3.25
3 Meter: £8.49 (£2.83/Meter)
5 Meter: £12.10 (£2.42/Meter)

Shipping to Europe, North- and South America and Australia is £1.50 - in the eBay auction there is a list of all countries where shipping is possible for that price.

If somebody needs shipping to other countries or wants to order directly here, please PM me.

Cheers,

doolak

Last edited:

doolak

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 13, 2012
Germany
www.vaporbase.de
The current prices in US Dollar are as follows (approx.):

1 Meter: $5.05
3 Meter: $13.20 ($4.40 / Meter)
5 Meter: $18.81 ($3.76 / Meter)

If you watch the item through the US eBay website, eBay displays a estimated delivery of 11-23 business days. This is automatically displayed by eBay - we ship right after we receive your payment with Priority Mail and it should arrive within 5-7 days usually.

doolak

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 13, 2012
Germany
www.vaporbase.de
Excellent seller right here never have I had the communication with a seller like doolak. Mine should be here shortly

Thank you for the feedback, urquidezj! Hope that you will be satisfied with the wick as you are with the communication!

It was shipped on 11 July, so it should be delivered within the next few days. Please let me know when it arrived and if everything is fine.

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
received wick, shipping took a week to the US not too bad.
impressions, wick is fat! nice no more doubling up.
there is absolutely zero nasty flavor on this wick
i wrapped, dry burned good didnt even faze it.
overall behaves like every other but has no bad flavor or smell like with other wicks, doolak is very communicative and i will buy again if i manage to run out hehe
i highly recommend it

doolak

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 13, 2012
Germany
www.vaporbase.de
Hi there everybody!

From today, 01 August 2012 until next Sunday, 05 August 2012 we offer a special discount for all ECF members:

Buy 3 Metres of our Silica wick 3mm and get 1 Meter for free!

Buy 5 Metres of our Silica wick 3mm and get 2 Meters for free!

If you buy at eBay, please provide your username, followed with the letters "-ecf" (Example: doolak-ecf) and please do not mention the forums name or anything else which is vaping related! Or just order directly here in the forum via PM.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Cheers,

doolak

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
This is great silica, didnt know till after I ordered that it was this one. It takes a ton of heat with a torch. I boil it 2 times, 30 mins each time so that its all rinsed, then I torch it till it goes from orange to white again. If you try it with a lighter it doesnt get hot enough to get past the light grey, so a small butane from 711 or a reg work torch is best. Great clean taste, neutral. Ordered more this weekend.

doolak

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 13, 2012
Germany
www.vaporbase.de
This is great silica, didnt know till after I ordered that it was this one. It takes a ton of heat with a torch. I boil it 2 times, 30 mins each time so that its all rinsed, then I torch it till it goes from orange to white again. If you try it with a lighter it doesnt get hot enough to get past the light grey, so a small butane from 711 or a reg work torch is best. Great clean taste, neutral. Ordered more this weekend.

Thanks for the nice feedback, anavidfan!

I use a small butane torch, too. I just flame the wick with the torch for a moment - i don't boil it. But of course both is possible.

The main purpose for such a preprocessing is to clean the wick from the sizings (i am not sure if that's the correct word in English) which are used during the manufacturing of every glas fibre or silica. The wick i sell can easily be cleaned by torching it with such a small butane torch (the sort you use for Crème brûlée) or, if this is not available, by just dripping a few drops of liquid on it and burn it with a lighter. In my experience that's enough to have a clean, neutral taste.

Another advantage if you torch it before use is that the wick becomes more stable and easier to handle. You may have recognized that the wick is twisted looser than some other wicks, so it's a bit more difficult to handle. But exactly due to this "looseness" it has a much better capillary action than any wick i have used before and a lot of people have the same experience and recommend it out there in the forums.

By torching it becomes more stable, easier to handle and does not loose its good capillary action abilities.

If anyone has further questions - feel free to ask!

Hock A Lugie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
nor cali
Hellow doolak and everybody on ecf, I got some of this wick a good while back and it works way better than silicawicks.com and Imeo wick any day of the week! If your still fooling around with cotton or omega and looking for something that wicks great and doesnt burn or cost an arm and a leg order from this guy,you wont be dissapointed. I sware you will be happy with your purchase! I still have 4 meters of it and am going to order more next week so I have it stock piled just in case the ecig grimlens get their way and put a ban on them. Im so,so,so happy that I found this stuff It tastes the best of all the wick I have try out and you can dry burn the crap out of it when it gets all gunked up then run under water dab it dry with towel and refill and use again.It doesnt get get any better in my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread