Simple but possible breakthrough idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveyRoots

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego
www.myspace.com
It seems that the major problem of making your own ejuice (nicotine toxicity aside) is that people extract it in water then add everything which cuts the nic potency in half. has anybody ever considered pre-mixing your PG/VG and Distilled water THEN putting your tobacco teabag in to steep? in concept it shoud work and then all you need to do is drain the bag, mix and vape. no diluting cause the PG/VG is already in there. just a thought.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
That's more or less what i have done, but using vodka and VG. But I am no longer interested in a tobacco taste and feel this is an expensive method.

Looked at nicotine patches today and the cheapest supermarket branded high dose ones worked out at £14 for 200mg, not too bad if it more or less all seeps out into a VG/water/vodka solvent. Thats roughly 200 cigarettes worth (1 cigarette).

I remember someone saying that only 10% of the nicotine is released by a patch but according to the box i read it is 50%. Anyway, they are designed to leach nicotine into water - the moisture on the skin - so this extraction method should be effective with 95%+ extractable over 24 hours of soaking). I believe VG is also effective as a solvent for nicotine so to avoid having a highly concentrated solution at any point, i am suggesting starting with a volume of solvent slightly greater than the final volume and suggest this be 90% VG and 10% distilled water.

Last edited:

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
If each (901) cart holds 10 drops and 1 drop is 0.05ml then the amount of solvent to end up with, perhaps after some evaporation, is 25 ml. This is about 1 25ml bottle of juice. So 25-30ml of VG/vodka/water seems the required amount of solvent to use, if my figures are correct. Maybe this is too little in volume for the soaking of the patches, so the extraction method might not be so easy after all. If one uses evaporation to reduce a larger volume of solvent down to 25ml, perhaps some of the nicotine will evaporate too? I dont know.

More sensibly, lets calculate based on desired nicotine stregth.

If we are aiming at 12mg juice (medium), this means 12mg of nicotine in 1ml. So 200mg of nicotine should be dissolved in 200/12 ml, about 18 ml.

So in fact this is not either an easy method or a cheap method. But it might come to this one day.

Last edited:

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
That's more or less what i have done, but using vodka and VG. But I am no longer interested in a tobacco taste and feel this is an expensive method.

Looked at nicotine patches today and the cheapest supermarket branded high dose ones worked out at £14 for 200mg, not too bad if it more or less all seeps out into a VG/water/vodka solvent. Thats roughly 200 cigarettes worth (1 cigarette).

I remember someone saying that only 10% of the nicotine is released by a patch but according to the box i read it is 50%. Anyway, they are designed to leach nicotine into water - the moisture on the skin - so this extraction method should be effective with 95%+ extractable over 24 hours of soaking). I believe VG is also effective as a solvent for nicotine so to avoid having a highly concentrated solution at any point, i am suggesting starting with a volume of solvent slightly greater than the final volume and suggest this be 90% VG and 10% distilled water.

Do we know everything that is in these nicotine patches? I've heard of people extracting nicotine from nicotine gum, and at least that is meant for internal use. I know that my lidocaine patches can be harmful if eaten by a dog or child, and lidocaine itself isn't very toxic, so obviously it would seem like there is another ingredient in the patch which is fairly toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread