Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
I can't get VG extracts to pass through any reasonable filter, even a coffee filter, without pressure. Even when hot. Although, maybe it's not hot enough?

Currently, after a quick strain, I'm filling the front-end of a needless syringe with organic cotton and filling it from the back with the extract (removing the plunger to do so). Takes a lot of pressure to get it to pass the cotton, but comes out pretty clean, not perfect though IMO.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
As a brewer, I can tell you right off that a plate filter isn't going to work. It's tough enough pushing beer through one & they clog up very, very quickly, even with minute amounts of yeast and proteins in solution. Also they won't work with just gravity. They're designed to have beer pushed with CO2 in access of 5 PSI.

johni

Extractor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Columbia, Missouri
For our coffee maker we use one of the gold plated screen baskets. It's about time to replace the old one and I wonder if this would work for a first pass before the paper filters?

Paul, that strainer should work fine for removing the bulk tobacco. I use a cheap mesh strainer from Walmart.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I placed an order tonight with WL. Now I just have to get some tobacco. The most confusing part of reading NET threads is people stating how many grams or ounces of tobacco they use. If they said a half cup or something that I can visualize it would help. I bought off the shelf pipe tobacco years ago but don't remember how much is in them. Guess I have to buy something, probably ciggy stuff. Don't want any BT additives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread