Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I've dropped my eleaf aster 4-5 times and it is tough.

"4-5 times"...well...my 2 grandchildren have knocked my P80 off my desk (onto a hardwood floor) at least 45 times in the last couple months...and it "Takes a licking and Keeps on ticking"...

70% of its surface area is metal...and I think its elongated and beveled shape helps to add "drop protection"...:thumbs:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
If gerry says that it's "Grand Kid Approved" then that's good enough for me. I also wondered as I have (3) of them myself (P80's, not Grand Kids, I have 12 of those, Grand Kids). The only 'possible' weak point that I can see would be the battery door latch system. You say 70% metal ?? Where do you get that number from gerry, I'm just wondering ??

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Grand Kids, I have 12 of those, Grand Kids). You say 70% metal ?? Where do you get that number from gerry, I'm just wondering ??

52...although I don't have a degree in Metallurgy...(and did NOT stay at a Holiday Inn last night)...I just guesstimated (possibly incorrectly) (like so many other things in my life) that the "plastic" black side panels made up 30% and that the "metal" (?) top, side strips and bottom made up 70%???

[I noticed, and appreciated, how you named those 12 youngin's "Grand Kids"...:thumbs: ]

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
My latest was born about 2 months ago, in Italy, as dad's in the Army. Sorry to say that I won't get to meet the little guy for the first time till he's about 4 years old. Going back and re-reading that post now, I worded it a little weird I think.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Just got my first DNA device, a couple of weeks ago- a DNA 75. On the P80, I'd been using 10.5W with 400F temp as my standard setting. When I use those on the DNA, the TC cuts in and limits it to an obviously much lower temp. I have to set it to around 430-435 to get the same vape.

I have to assume that DNA is the more accurate at reading the temp, so I must have been vaping at a higher temp on P80 than it showed me. But I'm curious if anyone else using the P80 (or another Wismec) vs. DNA, experiences this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread