SINUOUS P80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Interesting for those of you that have dozens of P80's and can't get enough of colors/variations. I haven't seen skins for these mods before:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Skin-for...online&wl12=928313915&wl13=&veh=sem#read-more

upload_2018-4-19_12-29-41.png
upload_2018-4-19_12-30-43.png
upload_2018-4-19_12-31-15.png
upload_2018-4-19_12-32-53.png

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Reactions: KC0YNU

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I just went and bought (4) more P80's, to go with the (3) that I already have. I really do think that the P80 is a Super Device, and fitted with ArcticFox firmware, it's almost perfect for me as a Power only device for my Kanthal builds in my KayFun's. I will now have;

(1) Blue (for my Black Nano Bell Tank KayFun)
(2) Black (for my Black KayFun's)
(2) Bronze (for my Gold KayFun's)
(2) Silver (for my SS KayFun's)
(I wish they made a White P80 for my White KayFun though);)

I don't have any Red Atomizers so didn't get that color, and the Blue is dark enough that I can put a Black Atomizer on it and still look good. The P80 works a whole lot better than the (1) and only SID that I still have, and a lot more compact and reliable, and at less $$$ to boot (I think I paid about $59.95 for my SID when it was first out).

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Reactions: 52anddone

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I just went and bought (4) more P80's, to go with the (3) that I already have. I really do think that the P80 is a Super Device, and fitted with ArcticFox firmware, it's almost perfect for me as a Power only device for my Kanthal builds in my KayFun's. I will now have;

(1) Blue (for my Black Nano Bell Tank KayFun)
(2) Black (for my Black KayFun's)
(2) Bronze (for my Gold KayFun's)
(2) Silver (for my SS KayFun's)
(I wish they made a White P80 for my White KayFun though);)

I don't have any Red Atomizers so didn't get that color, and the Blue is dark enough that I can put a Black Atomizer on it and still look good. The P80 works a whole lot better than the (1) and only SID that I still have, and a lot more compact and reliable, and at less $$$ to boot (I think I paid about $59.95 for my SID when it was first out).
I have the p80 and am relatively happy with it. I was just curious what are the benefits of the Articfox firmware over the stock firmware? Im not familiar with that firmware at all so was wondering what difference it makes so I know if it’s worth the hassle figuring out how to load it. I’m technically challenged you see so simple tasks with computers for others can cause a major meltdown with me. I meltdown, not the computer although sometimes I wish it was that evil machine. Just between me and you I think it has it out for me. Skynet has become self aware and it don’t like me.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
There are a whole lot of benefits with ArcticFox firmware, but, if you are like that with your computer then you might find ArcticFox a bit of a pain at first, and not want to mess with it. Once you get used to it, it's like most other things and is relatively simple. It's the learning curve that you might find objectionable. From what you said above, I would just skip it and use the factory firmware, the ArcticFox is more for those of us that are Geeky.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
There are a whole lot of benefits with ArcticFox firmware, but, if you are like that with your computer then you might find ArcticFox a bit of a pain at first, and not want to mess with it. Once you get used to it, it's like most other things and is relatively simple. It's the learning curve that you might find objectionable. From what you said above, I would just skip it and use the factory firmware, the ArcticFox is more for those of us that are Geeky.
I installed artic fox when I first got the P80 but I could not read the screen. I quickly flashed it back to the stock software and it is easy to read. My only complaint with the P80 is the battery sag. I chain vape and the battery sag bothers me. If you give it about 90 seconds before taking another vape it has usually, but not always, recovered.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
It's just showing what your battery is REALLY doing Chodi. Newer and better batteries will not show as much sag, unless you are running your wattage up at the upper limits for that battery.

That's my guess anyways.
I own a lot of mods and the P80 is the only mod I have that has this activity. Those people who take a puff and put the mod down then pick it up a few minutes later will never notice this. People like me who often hold their mod and sometimes chain vape will notice it. This has to do with the capacitors chosen for this device. It is nothing you can change. No questions that it is going to be less obvious with very fresh batteries. It is characterized as a delay when you squeeze the fire bar. On the opposite side take any Smoant mod for example that will fire instantly every time. This is also common on DNA based mods which also fire fast every time. The P80 simply cannot do this. Not a problem for most people.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
It is characterized as a delay when you squeeze the fire bar. Not a problem for most people.

Well Chodi...with 3 P80's in my rotation...and usually chaining...(anything worth doing is worth doing to excess)...I've never noticed this...

(Of course...I'm tootle puffing along [and enjoying every moment of it]...at 8W with a 30 second 10W Preheat.)

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Well Chodi...with 3 P80's in my rotation...and usually chaining...(anything worth doing is worth doing to excess)...I've never noticed this...

(Of course...I'm tootle puffing along [and enjoying every moment of it]...at 8W with a 30 second 10W Preheat.)

Thanks for the comment. I will try playing with the preheat and see if that makes a difference. I think you meant to say 3 seconds not 30 seconds preheat?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread