Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Thanks for the prompt answer, which color (or all in general will have the same problem)? I also read that some units come with not centered screen !?

The fourth option is vaporesso Armour Pro

$37.89 Authentic Vaporesso Armour Pro 100W VV VW TC APV Box Mod - 5-100W / 1*18650/1*21700/1*20700 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

but also it has it's own flaws :(

I'd get the vaporesso Armour... Looks and sounds awesome. It will be a little thicker in your hand but allowing you to use different size batteries is a good thing if you have them. I have 20700 batteroes that lasts a long time with 4250mah.

Reactions: fis1976

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
One more question for black and silver model owners. Is the silver color the color of the metal or it's colored and will peal? If that's the case I will probably get the black one.
On which one? The silver Primo and the P80 appear to be SS. Don't know what the Armour is but it looks SS also to me.

• Useful
Reactions: gerrymi

fis1976

Jul 3, 2018
On which one? The silver Primo and the P80 appear to be SS. Don't know what the Armour is but it looks SS also to me.

Thanks, I was talking about the P80, I will probably skip it, I like the looks, Arctic fox compatibility, but after watching and reading reviews there are too many things that I dont like. The biggest problem is that it looks like this product has very week build control, too many reviews with tilted screens, scratches and so on. Second, too many reviews with battery sag, and third few reviews where screen completely died after few months.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hi,

I know it's a little bit an old topic but I'm new to vaping and I really like the look of this mod. I read all pages and watched few reviews but I have few question for you, real users.

How is the mod holding after few months of use? (chips, dents, does color fade, battery door problems, screen problems etc.?).

I'm in doubt which one to choose Wismec SINUOUS P80, Joyetech eVic Primo Mini 80W or Eleaf Pico 25, I will be using it only in low wattage with a Siren 2 atty (24mm)

Thanks in advance!
I've had the SS/Black P80 for 7 months. To be honest, the first one I got did have an issue with getting to the sub-menu for controlling the lights. My Freedom Smokes replaced it immediately. But since then, it's been bullet proof. A few tiny scratches on the ss, but nothing else. I wouldn't buy a painted mod anyway - I've never seen one that didn't chip/peel eventually. I don't own the others your considering, but have really liked the P80. It's a great size, looks good, and is really easy to just grab & squeeze to fire without having to fumble for a button. It also does TC very well, and the UI makes it really simple to change modes or adjust. And the battery door is convenient and held up well. The only reason it's not getting more use out of me now is that I recently got a smaller/lighter DNA mod. I only use small & light 1-battery mods. Oh, and at certain angles, the display board can look like it's not straight - because the way it's built, it is purposely angled slightly backward at the top - sort of leaning away from you.

Good luck with whatever you decide on. Here's pics from today- you have to zoom in to see minor scratches.
upload_2018-7-4_10-22-58.png

fis1976

Jul 3, 2018
Thanks for the answer @Brewdawg1181

I really dont know what to do. The P80 is really good looking mod and will suit my needs perfectly (I'm a MTL and looking for a mod for Siren 2 24mm, BTW that Doogy looks great on the P80 :) ) and for 26$ (- 4$ for a new member in Aliexpress) maybe its a good deal. On the other side it looks to me like 50/50 will you get a working mod as it should be or you will get a mod with some problem.

Here is a video of the screen problem and I read a lot of comments about the same issue

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Thanks for the answer @Brewdawg1181

I really dont know what to do. The P80 is really good looking mod and will suit my needs perfectly (I'm a MTL and looking for a mod for Siren 2 24mm, BTW that Doogy looks great on the P80 :) ) and for 26$ (- 4$ for a new member in Aliexpress) maybe its a good deal. On the other side it looks to me like 50/50 will you get a working mod as it should be or you will get a mod with some problem.

Here is a video of the screen problem and I read a lot of comments about the same issue

I don't know - at these prices, I'd go with the one that appeals to you most (you'll probably be buying a new mod in a couple of months anyway! ;)). But the Armour is bigger than P80, by a pretty good bit. And weighs more. And at that price, you could buy the P80 from MFS, get in a couple of days, and have US support. I had my replacement in 2 days, before I ever even shipped back the original.
But that Armour is nice looking. And there's thousands of people that just love their Pico's.

For a few more $ You might consider this- it's my latest, very small, and a DNA to boot, so you can customize, and I feel safe on-board charging. I love it, and considering getting another if no one comes out with an even smaller mod I like soon. I just can't seem to find any smaller than this (recommendations, anyone?). I just hate feeling like I'm carrying a brick in my pocket.
upload_2018-7-4_17-30-4.png
$50.23 Authentic SBody Macro 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 200-600'F(100-300'C) / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Well since we are throwing around recs for more stuff, Volcano has some Lavabox's in stock.
I really love these mods! By far the best mod I have ever owned. Also, $10 cheaper than the s-body and ships from the US (Hawaii).
LAVABOX M DNA 75 Blood Red Box Mod - VOLCANO e-Cigs

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I don't know - at these prices, I'd go with the one that appeals to you most (you'll probably be buying a new mod in a couple of months anyway! ;)). But the Armour is bigger than P80, by a pretty good bit. And weighs more. And at that price, you could buy the P80 from MFS, get in a couple of days, and have US support. I had my replacement in 2 days, before I ever even shipped back the original.
    But that Armour is nice looking. And there's thousands of people that just love their Pico's.

For a few more $ You might consider this- it's my latest, very small, and a DNA to boot, so you can customize, and I feel safe on-board charging. I love it, and considering getting another if no one comes out with an even smaller mod I like soon. I just can't seem to find any smaller than this (recommendations, anyone?). I just hate feeling like I'm carrying a brick in my pocket.
    View attachment 752351 $50.23 Authentic SBody Macro 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 200-600'F(100-300'C) / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

That’s sharp looking but I didn’t see in the description where it said it has a dna board in it.

Reactions: KC0YNU

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Reactions: hittman

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Yea my bad I think it has a dna too. I think the one I linked has the dna75c while the macro has the dna 75, no color screen. My bad, after looking at the discussion on fasttech they claim it does and the guys post above that I didn’t read first says he it does and used escribe and has one so obviously he’d know better than me.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Yeah, it's DNA. Probably the cheapest DNA mod you could find. That's funny - I didn't realize the specs don't mention it. At $50, you'd think they'd shout it from the rooftops, and be sure to put that prominently in the description, huh?

While y'all are giving recommendations, I'd love to find something smaller than this 79x24x40, 79g mod.

I will say that I never really believed that different mods in wattage mode delivered significantly different vapes, but over time, I've found that this DNA really is a better vape than my other mods at the same watts. But I bought it for the size, and DNA was bonus. Kind of cool to customize, but that fades quick. Safe on-board charging is nice, too, though. I trust DNA as much as Nitecore.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    The biggest problem is that it looks like this product has very week build control, too many reviews with tilted screens, scratches and so on. Second, too many reviews with battery sag, and third few reviews where screen completely died after few months.

Hi fis...I bought my first P80 in October 2017...

Liked it so much...especially it's unbelievable hand comfort and remarkable Firing Panel...that I quickly ordered 2 more...

All 3 are still working Great...No tilted screens...No scratches (Bronze, Red and Blue)...No noticeable (to me) battery sag...

:2c:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    I just got one the other day.
    Crooked digital read out.
    I like this mod but it feels quite cheap, it is cheap I guess.
    It works okay and feels okay to use.
    They sent me a black one, I asked for a silver one. Its okay, I can deal with that.
    Im on the look for another mod now. The Sinuous P80 isnt quite what I was looking for.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: KC0YNU
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread