Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
The maple is disgusting, too sweet for me. Would make a good sauce for a french toast or something tho.
Apple was the only flavored one I tried. There is a guy down here that makes corn whiskey and he ages it for a while and all the locals pay a lot when it goes up for sale. Still cheaper for me to go to the ABC store!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The brand does have other flavors but I haven't tried them. It may be hard to find in your area. I know last year I had to go to at least 5 liquor stores looking for it. 4 of them had never ever heard of it. The 5th one ordered some in....

:)
Hard to find around here too. Schnapps are still on the shelves; looking back I wonder how I drank those. Tried a shot of HW apple pucker several months back and it was so thick and sweet. Need to try an upscale brand now that I'm all grown up. Used to love them, McGuilicudy's was always my favorite.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hard to find around here too. Schnapps are still on the shelves; looking back I wonder how I drank those. Tried a shot of HW apple pucker several months back and it was so thick and sweet. Need to try an upscale brand now that I'm all grown up. Used to love them, McGuilicudy's was always my favorite.
Schnapps was always too sweet for me...... I liked the weird stuff....like Sake(warmed).

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
One of my favorites while learning about life was VO & water. I loved tequila sunrises until I drank too many one night, haven't touched one since. Oh and everclear fruit punch with real fruit. Didn't drink much of it but would get pretty toasty eating the fruit.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
One of my favorites while learning about life was VO & water. I loved tequila sunrises until I drank too many one night, haven't touched one since. Oh and everclear fruit punch with real fruit. Didn't drink much of it but would get pretty toasty eating the fruit.
I’ve got some stories about hunch punch made with everclear. I’m shocked my husband asked me to marry him after witnessing the hot mess I was while drinking that.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Never tried it, what does it actually taste like?
We would do shots of it, not a sipping drink. Kind of a acquired that some consider nasty, but after that 1st shot, the rest start to taste better.....lol. Its slightly bitter, no sweetness at all, but really cannot put my finger on exactly what it tastes like.....I know its made with rice, but doesn't taste like it....the rice is fermented.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I’ve got some stories about hunch punch made with everclear. I’m shocked my husband asked me to marry him after witnessing the hot mess I was while drinking that.
After polishing off the fruit I would on occasion crawl in the porcelain bathtub to cool off.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
We would do shots of it, not a sipping drink. Kind of a acquired that some consider nasty, but after that 1st shot, the rest start to taste better.....lol. Its slightly bitter, no sweetness at all, but really cannot put my finger on exactly what it tastes like.....I know its made with rice, but doesn't taste like it....the rice is fermented.
I was looking a schnapps ( sorry) I’ve never had rice wine

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
It’s really sweet. It’s supposed to be served in little glasses like bigger shot glasses. My grandma drank it that way.
I can't remember who made it, alto several different one are available. The one I used to drink would put hair on your chest and keep you very warm if it was winter. lol

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
It’s really sweet. It’s supposed to be served in little glasses like bigger shot glasses. My grandma drank it that way.
My grandma preferred blackberry brandy, the really sweet cheap stuff. Of course it was just to help her sleep and we need not bring it up in church.:lol:

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
My grandma preferred blackberry brandy, the really sweet cheap stuff. Of course it was just to help her sleep and we need not bring it up in church.:lol:
That’s what my grandma said too. I think they learned that in bible study! Lol

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Girl after my own heart! They had to throw me in the shower with clothes on before the had to put me to bed.
They'd just leave me in the tub if I fell asleep. I once had the sweetest boyfriend...if he couldn't wake me up he'd lay down on the floor to make sure no one bothered me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread