Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
They'd just leave me in the tub if I fell asleep. I once had the sweetest boyfriend...if he couldn't wake me up he'd lay down on the floor to make sure no one bothered me.
That was sweet. My husband and the time was my boyfriend, had to stop the truck 7 times and play a song on repeat for over a hour for a 20 min drive. I never drank that much again. I was 19 and I learned my lesson.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
My grandma was the adult women bible study teacher! I wonder if they were a sippers.
I learned at a early age when the ladies get together for group study, there is a lot of life lessons that had nothing to do with the Bible. Grandpa called them hen party’s.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Sounds like you had some fun times!
Yeah, we did. But now seems like a life time ago....lol No way I could do that stuff now without serious consequences/hangovers, etc.

Our friends like to sit outside in winter and have a bonfire going for warmth. Always a great atmosphere for partys. We would get a pot for heating water and put the bottle of sake in to warm.

:)

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Yeah, we did. But now seems like a life time ago....lol No way I could do that stuff now without serious consequences/hangovers, etc.

Our friends like to sit outside in winter and have a bonfire going for warmth. Always a great atmosphere for partys. We would get a pot for heating water and put the bottle of sake in to warm.

:)
Sounds like good memories and a lot of fun!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
My mother is from the KY hills. When we would visit family a case or two of moonshine always came home with us.
Most of my adult life has been spent right next door in West-by-gawd-Virginia. Moonshine is pretty good here too.

LOL

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Most of my adult life has been spent right next door in West-by-gawd-Virginia. Moonshine is pretty good here too.

LOL
It’s pricey here. I’ve had some good one and some nasty ones.
My husbands grandfather(1918) used to steal the sugar from the stills out in the woods. He said it was the only thing he ever took and he took it so his mother could make preserves, so they could eat during the winter. His mother raised 5 boys when her husband was killed in the mines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread