The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Small clearo vs larger tank

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by mn shutterbug, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mn shutterbug

mn shutterbug Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    Marshall, MN - USA
    I posted this question elsewhere but must have been the wrong sub forum so here is another attempt. Other than size, are there any other advantages of the larger tanks over clearos like the Evod bcc's? Do the coils last longer? Do they gunk up less often? Are they easier to clean? I bought a bunch of the Evods awhile back for $2 - $3 each and see many of the larger tanks go for around $15. I'd think there would be more than just size to justify that much difference in price.

Thanks for any intelligent replies.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zipslack

Zipslack Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2013
    Wesson, MS, USA
    Many of the current tanks are sub-ohm, or at least lower resistance which burns through juice faster. Evods are nice and easy to rebuild the heads. If you just buy replacement heads, the old single-coil Evod/Protank heads should be cheaper. The larger tanks can also have rebuildable heads available that makes life easier/cheaper. I wouldn't say the larger tanks gunk up less or are easier to clean...it depends on the juice, how much you vape, what power/heat, coil head configuration, etc. I use to make Evod coils last a month with some light juices, but maybe only a week with others. Same thing with the bigger tanks. The main question is how much do you vape? I moved on from Evods when I got to re-filling it 2-3 times a day.

I still have my original Evod (1.8ml) tank from 3 years ago, along with a couple of glass-body clones. I carry one as an emergency backup in case my RTA has a catastrophic failure while away from home. If you are a mouth-to-lung kind of person, Evods work well. Very thrifty on juice, excellent flavor, cheap, easy to rebuild. If you're happy with it, don't sweat it.

Most of the newer, larger tanks are going to have more performance, but more vapor=more juice burned.

• Like Like x 3
  3. mn shutterbug

mn shutterbug Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    Marshall, MN - USA
    Thanks for your views on this. I do chain vape but I also like to switch off between 2 flavors throughout the day so can thereby get by on one fill per tank per day. I'm also going to discontinue one liquid. It's a dark liquid and takes just a few days for the the taste to get bad.

4. drysprocket

drysprocket Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Also, the biggest difference is also the heat between the 2. Smaller tanks tend to give off a warmer vape, since your lips are closer to the coil. Of course, this all depends on what sort of coils you use. But just note that all things being equal- the same coil in a big and small tank, side by side, the smaller one will likely be a noticeably warmer.

And price doesn't really seem to make as much of a difference as we'd think. As long as you don't mind the larger size for carrying, I do like larger tanks better usually. Just easier to fill up. I think the size is usually just appealing to those that like a small form factor. But again, so many different variables. I'm not too familiar with Evod's, but just had to mention the theme I've noticed overall.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.