Small tank issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

legbuh

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Yep, I've cleaned this one once already. I used my steamer and a 90% IA soak. Had the tanks for about a week now.

It worked great to start. I cut of the HC about an hour ago. Put it back in an super mega vapor. But now it's acting like it's empty again.

I can also get it to "prime" not only by removing and reinstalling the tank, but by giving it two small puffs IN (not out, like you're taking a drag) while not pressing the battery button. I just verified that now. :)

It's not a huge deal... but it would be nice to figure out what is causing it not to prime. Tank is about half full right now. But even after a full fill (minus 2mm or so) this morning after the initial couple puffs it dwindled.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
legbuh, please don' slap me for this one ... but your battery has a good charge on it, right?

I really can't think of anything else, except for one thing. You might try taking three or four sharp drags IN and see if that will help prime your atty. I've read that this is the best way to do it. You could also drip a couple drops directly from your juice bottle onto the atty.

You're doing everything right as far as I can tell and these are such simple systems that there isn't a great deal that can go wrong. I've read elsewhere that some people have taken a long needle and punctured the threads on the wick in the atty to improve performance. I haven't done this myself and hesitate to recommend it.

I'll be checking back also to see if somebody smarter than me has an answer. I'd like to know what it is too.

legbuh

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
LOL! I won't slap you... I actually appreciate a civil tone on a forum.. it's a nice change!

You can't really drip right on the atty since the tube is there, but I've never heard of poking the filler in the straw.. I may try that. The steamer I use puts out some force so it could have pushed it up some.

I've tried the sucking too and it works ok, but not NEAR as good as a quick puff out into the mouthpiece..

Also, if I leave it sitting (I always stand them on the battery end) it will work good for a couple more puffs, then seem to fade. So I know it has to be something with the fluid not flowing enough anymore.

I'm gonna try the poking method. :) That makes the most sense if my steamer dislodged or moved some of the fibers in the straw. I can see the fibers in this one and my other one I don't recall being able to see them.

I need to order a couple more atties anyhow so I can have one for my sweet vapes and one for my bitter vapes.. they don't mix well.. lol.

legbuh

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
No, my issue seems to be flowing from the tank to the atty.

The most simple explanation would be the juice isn't flowing because air can't get into the tank to replace the liquid that comes out maybe creating a small negative pressure in the tank? And taking it off allows it to equalize via the hole in the thank. And putting it back on allows the juice to flow.

So the question is.. where is the air plug at?

legbuh

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Ok, been a couple days of this now and I can say that blowing in or out without battery will work ok once in a while.

But, removing the tank and reinserting it makes it like it's brand new... TONs more vapor. And it's not like you even have to wait more than a second or two for the fluid to float down. So something is stopping the fluid from going down to the atty.

I may post on the TW forum for this...

Lola69

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I am having the same problem and found out from another thread (through Scottbee) that I'm using viscous juice (I'm vaping German Chocolate Cake from TV at 30% VG). It's just too darn thick for the tank and I'm getting a burning taste. Not sure if it's the exact same problem as you're having legbuh, but maybe it's your juice too?

legbuh

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Nope, I always only get 10% VG from Tasty Vapor. Same stuff I've been using for a while. It is a newer batch but still, pretty "liquidy". :)

I did clean out the inside of the atty (the end with the tube) and also blew out the atty with my air compressor from the battery side. Got some fluid and a couple small black specks. We'll see if that helps.

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
Besides blowing out the atty from the battery side with my air compressor (very high power... lol) I cleaned the straw side of the atty with qtips and alcohol. Made it all weekend without a hiccup. Worked flawlessly. So, she's back to darn near perfect for me!

Maybe the pin is getting clogged up. I wipe mine out with a drop of alcohol on a Qtip every night. So far, so good. Glad you got it straightened out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread