The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

Small UFS problem...

Discussion in 'The GG' started by Jturse, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jturse

Jturse Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Hey guys maybe someone can help me out. I have a slight problem with my UFS. I get everything loaded up. When I open my Liquid Flow control everything works great. But when I try to close it, it unscrews the atomizer. I basically have to keep it open or the top ends up coming loose and I loose all my juice. When I put the atomizer in I tighten it firm but not too much to damage the threading. It seems no matter how many times I do it it keeps loosening the atomizer. Any tips, tricks, or help or is there just a flaw in my UFS.... I have tried about 7 different atomizers from different companies and all do the same thing....

JEFF

2. JollyRogers

JollyRogers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Virginia
    Are you using the 510 extension and an imeo mouth piece or a drip tip with the top piece? Either way, I would say the top pice or the imeo tip is to tight...

3. msh1

msh1 Full Member

Feb 25, 2010
    devon
    Have you put vasaline on the oring in the top cap that the atty goes through and dont tighten top cap to much just a pinch

4. Hvdp

Hvdp Senior Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Belgium
    Hi Jeff, i am new at this but i found that the top cap is only there to keep the o-ring in place. So i think it is not supposed to be very tight. I keep it fairly loose and this works for me.

5. Jturse

Jturse Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I BELIEVE you have all hit it spot on... I was tightening the top cap way too much... Works like a gem. Ok I am headed back to my NIC induced coma on my UFS!!! See you all soon... hahahaha... Thanks everyone... Great group of people... IMEO.. Love the new UFS... Great job...

6. msh1

msh1 Full Member

Feb 25, 2010
    devon
    Glad its sorted

7. wigglr

wigglr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Vaseline on top oring!!! I load it up lol

8. Stinky Uncle Ed

Stinky Uncle Ed Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    US
    Also, use a mouse pad or a rubber jar opener pad to tighten the atomizer. The rubber jar opener pad is also great for screwing/unscrewing all the UFS/GGTS parts nice and firm without using tools :)

9. aka_Queenie

aka_Queenie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Hahaha I use my Playtex rubber gloves to tighten/untighten. Good grip on those babies. Didn't have a jar opener or suitable mouse pad available, even if I had thought of those.

10. boggypot

boggypot Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2011
    Asia
    I'm having a little problem with one atty.

Installed in the ufs, i can't duck any air in when I open the air ring and close the juice.

What could be wrong with this atty? It's brand new, seems to work if i just drip on the stealth.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

11. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    USA

Every atty or carto can behave differently in the UFS. A brand new one might not act or vape like you want it to, so replace it with another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.