The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

smartfixx excerpt from website

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by Flitzanu, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Flitzanu

Flitzanu Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2009
    Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
    not really news, but i was looking at the site based on another post, and saw this in the FAQ and thought it was interesting:

Is Smart Fixx approved by the FDA or the ATF?

The Alcohol and Tobacco Trade Bureau (TTB) formerly the (ATF) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have formally stated that Smart Fixx is not a product that warrants the involvement or oversight of either government entity. The FDA (which protects public health by assuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, medical devices, food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation) notes that Smart Fixx and its benefits do not fit the classification of products that it governs. The TTB (which exists to administer laws and regulations that protect consumers) tested the ingredients of Smart Fixx and formally determined that the TTB has no regulatory interest in Smart Fixx because it does not contain tobacco.

2. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    It looks to me like they are not claiming approval and are saying it's not required.

3. TropicalBob

TropicalBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2008
    Port Charlotte, FL USA
    I've seen that wording before .. and it is now outdated, replaced by the new edicts from the FDA, which now says it does have authority to regulate the "new drug" and "drug delivery devices." The quote is simply no longer valid.

4. yvilla

yvilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Or, is it only no longer valid as applied to those marketing ecigs as NRT or smoking cessation devices? And conceivably still valid as applied to those who are very careful in their marketing?

Edit: This quote from another FDA representative is what I'm referring to:

"In the US, the Food and Drug Administration has "detained and refused" several brands of electronic cigarettes because they were considered unapproved new drugs and could not be legally marketed in the country, said press officer Christopher Kelly. He did not give more details, but said the determination of whether an e-cig is a drug is made on a case-by-case basis after the agency considers its intended use, labeling and advertising."

eCig sales soar online: Sci-Tech: News: News24

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.