Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I order the Cylon from 3F and chose us express line 2 whatever that means. It was $2.10 and there was a $1.80 option and the free option. I figured for $2 I’d try it and maybe I’ll get my Cylon faster. Anyway I’ll post my thoughts after I receive it and I can’t wait to here all yours.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I own 2 Smoant Charon TC and 1 Battlestar. In my opinion they are the best value mods on the market. I also own a Lost Vape 75w dna mod the price of that one mod exceeds the total cost of my 3 Smoant mods. Is the Lost Vape worth the difference? It has better overall package quality and if you enjoy hooking your mod up to a pc and playing with settings then maybe it is the better mod. At 4 times the cost I don't think so. The Smoant mods are remarkable performers and have proven reliable in my house.

I ordered the Cylon because the last of my 3 reuleaux rx2/3 died last week. On the first the screen died, the second I got the "no atomizer", the third as of last week reads the ohms at random numbers. My Smoant mods have been flawless since I bought them. I have only one negative about the Charon and that is the shorter battery life. I have not seen much mentioned about this but the Charon gets about 1/3 less battery life than my other mods.I can live with that for the overall look and performance.

Gallant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Is the Lost Vape worth the difference?
    The only DNA advantage is temp control but IMHO Smoant Gaia TC is very close if not even better than the DNA
    I have only one negative about the Charon and that is the shorter battery life. I have not seen much mentioned about this but the Charon gets about 1/3 less battery life than my other mods.
    I don't own a Charon however the Gaia battery life was more than my other mods

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    I don't own a Charon however the Gaia battery life was more than my other mods
    That’s interested, I wonder if they changed the battery cutoff? The Smoant mods I own, Charon TS & Battlestar, both cut the battery off at 3.5 roughly. I think that’s why many people notice less battery life. I don’t mind because it increases lifetime of my batteries and getting a small bit longer before battery swaps isn’t important to me.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    My Gaia gets better battery life than my Charon tc and about the same as the Adjustable.
    By chance have you ever checked what the voltage was when you changed batteries on the Gaia or adjustable. I’m wondering if it has more battery life because of a lower cutoff voltage or because it runs more efficiently.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2013
    New York
    That’s interested, I wonder if they changed the battery cutoff? The Smoant mods I own, Charon TS & Battlestar, both cut the battery off at 3.5 roughly. I think that’s why many people notice less battery life. I don’t mind because it increases lifetime of my batteries and getting a small bit longer before battery swaps isn’t important to me.
    The only Smoant I own is the Charon TS 218. It cuts the battery (Samsung 30Q) at 3.2 or 3.3 volts consistently. I wonder why there is a difference between our mods...

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    The only Smoant I own is the Charon TS 218. It cuts the battery (Samsung 30Q) at 3.2 or 3.3 volts consistently. I wonder why there is a difference between our mods...
    Mine cuts off at 3.4-3.5 as does my Battlestar. Everybody I’ve talked to about this says theirs does the same. This is the first I’ve heard of a Smoant mod going lower. It could be your mod is different or it could be discrepancies in the devices we are using to read the battery voltage.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2013
    New York
    Mine cuts off at 3.4-3.5 as does my Battlestar. Everybody I’ve talked to about this says theirs does the same. This is the first I’ve heard of a Smoant mod going lower. It could be your mod is different or it could be discrepancies in the devices we are using to read the battery voltage.
    I just bought mine in December. I wonder if they've changed something lately...

Gallant

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    First impression
    Solid build quality, taller & lighter than the GAIA, feels & looks great in hand, leather on the sides provide a nicer grip, big & responsive fire button nicely placed & fires instantly with no delay, absolutely no rattle at all, I confirm battery door is fixed on the retail version, menu is straight forward & easy to navigate, big & bright LED screen

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 23, 2017
    just noticed this thread. had mine a little over a month. Got a review coming next week i'll be posting here at ECF as well. I didn't test it yet that'll come this weekend so i can get the actual specs, but as far as usage goes TC works great with everythiug i've thrown at it. the menu system is great. they have full curve mode as well as preheat settings like the charon TS and it's all programmable on mod. center 510 allows dor 30mm attys without overhang. the leather is much nicer then that of the charon. it's defintely a winner in my book so far. I listed it in my top mods of 2017. it's essentially a budget sx mini g class at this point

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    just noticed this thread. had mine a little over a month. Got a review coming next week i'll be posting here at ECF as well. I didn't test it yet that'll come this weekend so i can get the actual specs, but as far as usage goes TC works great with everythiug i've thrown at it. the menu system is great. they have full curve mode as well as preheat settings like the charon TS and it's all programmable on mod. center 510 allows dor 30mm attys without overhang. the leather is much nicer then that of the charon. it's defintely a winner in my book so far. I listed it in my top mods of 2017. it's essentially a budget sx mini g class at this point
    Can’t wait for the review. I’ve always wanted the sx mini g but just couldn’t justify the price. Now I got the next best thing. Well I will when it gets here. Left China on the 11th so I’ll have it soon enough.

Bryong70

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 17, 2014
    DFW
    Got mine today.

20180111_173131.jpg

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    So, centered 510, accepts 30mm tanks, good TC with TCR?
    If that is true, I’ll have to get one.

Been kinda disappointed in many of these mid-tier mods for one reason or another.

Perhaps this will join the Revenger X in my rotation. Except for a bit of play in its battery door, the X is an excellent mod.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread