Smoant Cylon

Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I picked up both the black/black and tarnish/brown. I would have to give preference to the tarnish/brown in my opinion. It has VERY nice contrast and looks classy. The black on black looks nice as well, but kind of washed out and lacks contrast compared to the tarnish/brown. I definitely would have gotten the tarnish/brown first had I been able to see them in person. I tend to buy non-black mods though.

I have no interest in the the red/gold one that's coming soon, but would probably be interested in the silver/black as long as it still has leather grips like the current ones.

Overall, very impressed with them. Typical Smoant quality, seem tough and fire fast and hard. I like my Battlestars, Charon TCs and Gaia as well for different reasons, but the Cylon is my favorite Smoant mod so far. I'll be keeping my eye out for new colors the next few months.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I picked up both the black/black and tarnish/brown. I would have to give preference to the tarnish/brown in my opinion. It has VERY nice contrast and looks classy. The black on black looks nice as well, but kind of washed out and lacks contrast compared to the tarnish/brown. I definitely would have gotten the tarnish/brown first had I been able to see them in person. I tend to buy non-black mods though.

I have no interest in the the red/gold one that's coming soon, but would probably be interested in the silver/black as long as it still has leather grips like the current ones.

Overall, very impressed with them. Typical Smoant quality, seem tough and fire fast and hard. I like my Battlestars, Charon TCs and Gaia as well for different reasons, but the Cylon is my favorite Smoant mod so far. I'll be keeping my eye out for new colors the next few months.

So you can just walk into a store in Georgia USA and buy two Cylon's? In my country we can get arrested for just stepping outside holding a mod. I had no idea there were places you could legally just walk in and buy a mod. I thought at least you would need a special permit and a doctors note.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Yes I was kidding. I knew that vaping was legal in the USA. Just generally unhappy that it is anything but legal where I live. I was not kidding about getting arrested here it really happens. I was being a little jealous. Though we do get pretty fast shipping from China being already in Asia. I am waiting for my black Cylon from 3F should arrive later this week. Then it is always a lottery as to if it makes it through customs.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
B587DEF3-85AA-474E-84A6-902AC08301D1.jpeg
Getting closer my black Cylon from 3F has been at Ohare airport since the 13th. Hopefully it starts moving quick or I might just drive up there and look for it. Cool that you can add your own wallpaper now. I always look for reasons to show my dog off. Always has her legs crossed like a little lady ;)

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
My Sigelei 213 that I've had for close to a year now finally took a dump (keeps cutting out), so I ordered one of these.

Very impressed with it. My only issue is a lot of fire button rattle; anyone else?

I also ordered a Vapeman Steam Engine. Much older tech (DNA 75), also has button rattle. But I LOVE the looks, and I never go over 75w anyhow. I will be sending one of them back.

For those who picked the gunmetal Cylon (tarnish), what are your plans for a topper? There's not much out there as far as gunmetal RTAs. The iJoy Captain is one, but wicking apparently can be a bit tricky. The Zeus comes in gunmetal, but it's matte finish ends up making it look more of a dark gray. Any others?

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
seems y'all can count me in...the tarnished number has had money thrown at it...£30? i could not resist. shipping in 5 FT days...which can differ from those regular days we know and love... :ohmy:
and yes...firmware upgrade already downloaded...naturally.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
My Sigelei 213 that I've had for close to a year now finally took a dump (keeps cutting out), so I ordered one of these.

Very impressed with it. My only issue is a lot of fire button rattle; anyone else?

I also ordered a Vapeman Steam Engine. Much older tech (DNA 75), also has button rattle. But I LOVE the looks, and I never go over 75w anyhow. I will be sending one of them back.

For those who picked the gunmetal Cylon (tarnish), what are your plans for a topper? There's not much out there as far as gunmetal RTAs. The iJoy Captain is one, but wicking apparently can be a bit tricky. The Zeus comes in gunmetal, but it's matte finish ends up making it look more of a dark gray. Any others?
No noticeable button rattle on either of mine, but in all honesty, that's not something that typically bothers me. Had to just check mine, lol. Only thing I've noticed on mine is the I need to press fire near the middle to top of the button to get it to fire. No pressing it at the bottom like some reviews mention. Again, my thumb or finger never sits that low on the fire button unless I try to do that, so no biggie.

I like mine even more than a few days ago. Only been using it in VW mode, so can't speak to the TC. They just look/feel like a high end mod to me for what they cost. Feels great/solid in the hand and hits fast/hard. What's not to love? :)

As far as toppers for the tarnish go, I honestly think plain SS tanks look perfectly fine on it. The screws and up/down buttons, 510 are all SS. I think a plain SS topper looks nice in contrast with the tarnish finish and the slight SS pieces on the mod, maybe that's just me. That said, I probably will end up buying a SS/black Cylon if they release that version. I like the all black one too, just feel that having the accents in a different color like the tarnish really makes the mod 'pop'.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
No noticeable button rattle on either of mine, but in all honesty, that's not something that typically bothers me. Had to just check mine, lol. Only thing I've noticed on mine is the I need to press fire near the middle to top of the button to get it to fire. No pressing it at the bottom like some reviews mention. Again, my thumb or finger never sits that low on the fire button unless I try to do that, so no biggie.

I like mine even more than a few days ago. Only been using it in VW mode, so can't speak to the TC. They just look/feel like a high end mod to me for what they cost. Feels great/solid in the hand and hits fast/hard. What's not to love? :)

As far as toppers for the tarnish go, I honestly think plain SS tanks look perfectly fine on it. The screws and up/down buttons, 510 are all SS. I think a plain SS topper looks nice in contrast with the tarnish finish and the slight SS pieces on the mod, maybe that's just me. That said, I probably will end up buying a SS/black Cylon if they release that version. I like the all black one too, just feel that having the accents in a different color like the tarnish really makes the mod 'pop'.
my TS 218 has started to do that with the fire button also. no problems with the TC 218 though. hopefully my cylon is more TC than TS

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

I'll be pairing mine with a black resin Fireluke, the resin has subtle brown swirls. Smoant has a tarnish rta that is well thought of and easy to maintain and they are/have released a subtank that will probably be fair to good. Steam Crave Aromamizer line offers gunmetal finish. Think the Drop now has a gunmetal as well. I know there are a couple others out there, just not coming to mind.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
my TS 218 has started to do that with the fire button also. no problems with the TC 218 though. hopefully my cylon is more TC than TS
Think Smoant got in too big a hurry to release TS, unusually poor quality coming from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread