Smok Alien dry hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katez_Kloudz

May 20, 2017
Can you give us your definition of a dry hit? Generally, a dry hit means the worst, rinse my mouth out, burning cotton taste imaginable, and I'm not dramatizing (OK, maybe a little). A true dry hit generally scorches the coil bad enough that things never taste right again. Is this what's happening every third or fourth draw?

Dry hits aren't always that way every time, everyone experience varys but it's definitely a mini dry hit on the verge of burning coil out enough to have to change. It burns my throat, ejuice flavor is no longer there n tastes disgusting like eating a camp fire and pisses me off, so yes a form of dry hit lol. The coil is not absorbing the eliquid, bottom line and it's only after 3 baby hits... only like 1 2 seconds long each. It should not be doing this on a brand new mod n coil. I even let it sit for an hour to try to get the wick really saturated and during mid hit started to dry out again n burn

Last edited:

Katez_Kloudz

May 20, 2017
With the Alien make sure you have not switched strength mode.

Use POWER + UP Button simultaneously to switch among STRENGTH HARD, STRENGTH NORM, STRENGTH SOFT.

The first thing I did was switch the strength from normal to soft right away and it's still doing it. Only time I can get a few hits without any dry ones is by in screwing the tank from the deck n screwing back in. What's weird is the coil looks saturated with juice so I don't know why it's doing this. I had ordered the rba for the baby beast so hopefully I get soon and we will see if there's a change. But this is so upsetting...I was so excited to finally get the black with rainbow splatter one which I got from csvape.com for $42 with there 40% off site sale. Ahhh such bull....!!!!

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Well with my Baby Beast and the X4 Quad coils I don't go over 30W Maximum because I think it tastes burnt but that is just my opinion and others will argue they get no taste. Max or High VG for me and lower wattage across all my tanks except TC Mode then I will crank that baby up and let the TC keep my vape cool and comfortable.

Katez_Kloudz

May 20, 2017
Well with my Baby Beast and the X4 Quad coils I don't go over 30W Maximum because I think it tastes burnt but that is just my opinion and others will argue they get no taste. Max or High VG for me and lower wattage across all my tanks except TC Mode then I will crank that baby up and let the TC keep my vape cool and comfortable.
That's crazy. The damn thing is a 220 and the X4 suppose to handle much higher than 30 watts. Granted my normal sweet spot for me is only around 40 but I can even do 35 without getting burnt tasting, dry hits.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Okay, as soon as you get a dry hit, open it up and check the wick. Is it saturated entirely? Look for even a small drier area, like a thread width line that's drier than the rest. If you find that, take a needle and fray the wick at that point a bit. Let it soak for 15 mins and, see if it's better now.

The wick might seem wet enough but if one spot is drier than the rest, it isn't drawing juice past that spot fast enough. If fraying that spot fails, try a new wick or, different wicking material in there.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
only read the 1st post.. probably just the alien hitting faster and harder.. alien has very fast response time.. eleaf have decent joyetech/wismec chips though, and fire quite fast also..i watch djlsb & P Busardo tear downs all the time, and both the alien and the pico are quite accurate. It could be a difference in batteries being used also. I must admit i am having horrible dry hits in the spirals tank, 0.6 ohm at just 18 watts with 70PG/30VG.. i'm kind of over smok tanks.. the only one i like that I still use is my brit mini....

Katez_Kloudz

May 20, 2017
Okay, as soon as you get a dry hit, open it up and check the wick. Is it saturated entirely? Look for even a small drier area, like a thread width line that's drier than the rest. If you find that, take a needle and fray the wick at that point a bit. Let it soak for 15 mins and, see if it's better now.

The wick might seem wet enough but if one spot is drier than the rest, it isn't drawing juice past that spot fast enough. If fraying that spot fails, try a new wick or, different wicking material in there.

I have been and it looks fully saturated...and also it's leaking a little out bottom air flow...so idk I'm stumped

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So ur saying to try the old firmware if it's not already the old one.... could it be possibly be the batteries.

Can't see where the batteries could possibly be a factor with a regulated mod.

Sorry to hear this ad my BABY beast had the same coils I believe .15 ohm. It is great between 50_65 watts...however if I use a thick ejuice I prime it and I was getting burnt his If I did not prime it

Sent from my 5056N using Tapatalk

It's extremely important to always prime your coils when breaking them in. Otherwise you'll fry the coil.

Katez_Kloudz

May 20, 2017
I always prime my coils and the coil I have in now is the .4 ohm. I took a needle and poked a few holds in each opening and it's been kinda ok but I can't go higher than 30 watts and soft...which id rather be at 40 watts and normal. Away I'll be getting my RBA for the baby beast any day and hopefully I'll have no more issues

Reactions: TaoteRich

TaoteRich

May 14, 2017
Phoenix, Az.
I always prime my coils and the coil I have in now is the .4 ohm. I took a needle and poked a few holds in each opening and it's been kinda ok but I can't go higher than 30 watts and soft...which id rather be at 40 watts and normal. Away I'll be getting my RBA for the baby beast any day and hopefully I'll have no more issues
Hey Katez_Kloudz I figured lil something out..I have the coil with the circular setup, and Mike my local b&m [emoji65] told me that it is the lesser quality smok coil compared to the [emoji223]. Any way, approaching 3000 puffs and still ain't close to burnt taste. Using Pog premium ejuice from NAKED...passion fruit orange guava..pog...delish..STAY TUNED
605314efba416faa2ff37db3aa51d108.jpg

Sent from my 5056N using Tapatalk

Chinu

Sep 10, 2017
Bro bro
All you have to do it poke little holes onto your alien coils help with dry hits smoking at 65 watts on the t8 coils gtantee it will work work with all kind of smok tanks just poke like 3 hole in each cotton of your coil my coil last three week no dry hit like new will help save alot of money hopes this help

Attachments

• IMG_20170910_084409.jpg
    IMG_20170910_084409.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
Reactions: QcVaper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread