Smok Alien Fire Button Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
My smok Alien is about 3 months old, maybe 14,000 puffs. In order to get it to fire, I have to press really hard on the lever, and a little sideways. It very difficult to get it to turn on (5 quick presses).

Anyone else had this problem and fixed it? I'm looking at those tiny torq screws and thinking about tearing it apart. The last smok I did a tear down on was the R200 and it was a spring loaded contraption that I couldn't get back together.

I really need a quality 2 battery regulated mod with USB charging. This thing, ughh.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd vote for the Aspire speeder, and I would get one myself except that I'm on a self imposed "You are now poor, Anna, start behaving that way," Forbidden to Buy Anything New until I hit 6 months smoke free. Gotta build up my emergency fund balance, LOL. That said, I imagine it will be even less pricy in about 6 months, and now that I have several stable setups (and enough nic and tanks and batts and coilbuilding stuff to survive the vacopalypse) that I love, holding off is a bit easier. The Aspire speeder looks lovely (to me) though, and I love Aspire products for reliability and solid build. That said, it's going to be tough to top my love for the Steampunk, so I'm... more than okay, for now.

Best of luck, I think you may be able to resurrect your fire button, and if not, is smok's warranty 30 days or 90 days? I'd check that first before tearing down, personally, you may end up with a better built mod by returning it for warranty.... (I think Smok does build some good stuff and if I were a sub0hmer I might have interest, but they seem to have had some fabulous mods and also some LEMONS) and my experience with driving a lemon that was out of service half the time was that I promptly went and traded it in for a new car, I just couldn't take the headaches anymore, and oh, I could have pursued my state's Lemon Law but that way lay madness.... The burden of proof is definitely on the owner, not the car manufacturer. I can't say I regret it.

Good luck! :)

Anna

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
I'd vote for the Aspire speeder, and I would get one myself except that I'm on a self imposed "You are now poor, Anna, start behaving that way."

[...]

Best of luck, I think you may be able to resurrect your fire button, and if not, is smok's warranty 30 days or 90 days?

[...]

Good luck! :)

Anna

I did tear it down and it's working again. I also am on a "you are poor" budget for a while until I get some side jobs that pay decently. After that, I will pick up an Aspire and give it a shot.

BobbyV

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2011
Dallas Texas
I have two Smok Aliens that have bounced around in my saddlebags for over a year with no problems noticed. The paint on both has worn off and the base metal is showing but they have never let me down. I purchased my Smok Aliens to replace my two ....ty Sigelei Fuchai mods. The fuchai battery compartment/door design is poor. I typically set down my mod standing upright. When I pick up the fuchai more often than not the battery door falls open and both batteries drop out. If it's not the batteries dropping out, both suffer intermittent battery contact.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Oh, snap! My first double post! :shock:

:blush: :blink: :confused:

Well, well, well! That post sure doesn't make a lot of sense! I made my well composed and somewhat humorous response to @stols001 's post that double posted. I thought I made this edit to the duplicate post, but it showed up as the first with the actual post showing up after it. Left it alone, but the actual post then disappeared.

Good news is I can blame it on a senior moment or :party:!

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
And it's here!
(In case image fails)
20171202_142517.jpg

yxzJdU0vfZdD-vCrpYyu3Q6S_sThD6CluLN4Qn5Set6nz_gU6xVAD1xgZJBWTr2ZUcHRVvgXdg6zZXoyOxJNKA=w1919-h961-rw

I like it. Battery went dead on my mod I had right as I approached the Post Office. I went in, the package was there with 2 Sony batteries. You know what happened next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread