Smok Nord Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmok

Mar 13, 2019
Hi,

I am new here and new to vaping. Picked it up to help cut down my cigarette consumption. My only previous experience is trying out friends' mods. So please excuse my inexperience.

I recently bought a Smok Nord after reading various reviews on how it is decent (and yes I am aware of Smok's notoriety). I only needed a small pod system to vape at home so I cut down on my expensive cigarette consumption. I set it up with the normal 1.4ohm coil and used 50/50 or 60/40 nic salts with about 30mg nic.

I bought it last Saturday and it was fine the first 48 hours. Then I started encountering these things:

1) Dry hits the first few inhales after not vaping it for 30minutes or so. I know dry hits are a normal thing for the first few times but I've also read that it only happens to people hours after not using the machine. It also takes 2-5 inhales before it warms up but mine takes a good 5-10 minutes of constant inhaling to get it working fine.

2) Leaking. I encountered leaking with this device after a few days and I read up and a lot of people said it might just be vapour between the drip tip on the pod and the mouth piece. So I DIY-took out the mouth piece and am vaping it direct from the pod now. I am finding out that I still experience leaking. Not so much spitback, but near the bottom where the pod contacts with the main body. I have also changed to a new coil and it is secured fully.

3) Might not be an issue but I realise the Smok Nord withdrawal is a lot tighter after 48 hours of heavy vaping. I've read that these 1.4ohm coils last a week to two. I know I'm a heavy vaper but I didn't think I would burn them out in 3 - 5 days. I noticed a color change near the tip of the occ coil and assumed it was because the coils are burnt. I don't have that burnt taste though. I've changed the coil and the air flow is better now. Would just like to know if this is normal.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or what I can do to improve the situation? It is getting frustrating. Thank you in advance!

xvj00

Mar 19, 2019
3) Might not be an issue but I realise the Smok Nord withdrawal is a lot tighter after 48 hours of heavy vaping. I've read that these 1.4ohm coils last a week to two. I know I'm a heavy vaper but I didn't think I would burn them out in 3 - 5 days. I noticed a color change near the tip of the occ coil and assumed it was because the coils are burnt. I don't have that burnt taste though. I've changed the coil and the air flow is better now. Would just like to know if this is normal.

I have noticed that the draw gets really tough sometimes, I'm wondering if it's a vacuum, or dirt in the tube. I'm cleaning the tube with a small brush, the disposable makeup brushes from department stores that they use on customers are perfect for this. for the vacuum, i'm just releasing the filler plug frequently and I'm sure I can hear a little phifft. I think these two things combined are increasing the life of the coil. I recon when you use it and the draw it tight, it starts to burn the coil. I'm using the ceramic coils.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018

I have noticed that the draw gets really tough sometimes, I'm wondering if it's a vacuum, or dirt in the tube. I'm cleaning the tube with a small brush, the disposable makeup brushes from department stores that they use on customers are perfect for this. for the vacuum, i'm just releasing the filler plug frequently and I'm sure I can hear a little phifft. I think these two things combined are increasing the life of the coil. I recon when you use it and the draw it tight, it starts to burn the coil. I'm using the ceramic coils.
is possible of ur juice .... i use 0.6 for more than 2 week and it still work perfctly fine but i swap to 1.4 to see what coil i love most.

Asmok

Mar 13, 2019

Sounds good. I'll definitely try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread